Some Nice White Demos

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm a sucker for white demos - especially oddball ones, so here's a few.........

post-9434-1208042914_thumb.jpgpost-9434-1208042941_thumb.jpg

post-9434-1208042967_thumb.jpgpost-9434-1208042993_thumb.jpg

post-9434-1208043022_thumb.jpgpost-9434-1208043058_thumb.jpg

Can anyone indulge me in a few more weird ones.....?

Ian D :D

I have a few of those Ian (it seems that you have to say things like that in message board responses :ohmy: ), nice, but may I ask you, or anyone as it goes, about the Babe Ruth boot that I have - apologies if this is baby stuff but I'm sure you all know how it is (you can't know everything now, can you) - the Capitol release is the cleaned up version and in my opinion, the poorer version and not the version that I own on the boot.

I've recently bought the Babe Ruth album, after reading someones views about that LP version on here - and to my detriment haven't played it yet....!

Anyway is the bootlegged version I have a boot of the original independant release prior to Capitol picking it up?

Is that clear enough or have I done my usual job of clouding a very simple issue?

Social source share

I have a few of those Ian (it seems that you have to say things like that in message board responses :ohmy: ), nice, but may I ask you, or anyone as it goes, about the Babe Ruth boot that I have - apologies if this is baby stuff but I'm sure you all know how it is (you can't know everything now, can you) - the Capitol release is the cleaned up version and in my opinion, the poorer version and not the version that I own on the boot.

I've recently bought the Babe Ruth album, after reading someones views about that LP version on here - and to my detriment haven't played it yet....!

Anyway is the bootlegged version I have a boot of the original independant release prior to Capitol picking it up?

Is that clear enough or have I done my usual job of clouding a very simple issue?

I've never heard the boot Barry. Now that you've said that I'll run a comparison between the UK promo and US one although they'll probably be the same won't they?

Plus I never knew that Babe Ruth was an indie release at all!! What label was it? I'm really curious as I thought they were signed straight to Capitol......

Also how much longer is the album version? You'd better play it LOL....

Ian D :D

Social source share

Is The Players a demo Ian?

Thought it was just the 1st issue prior to the Chocolate City one issued after they had to change their name.

Cheers Paul

Yeah, I think you're right - there's no promo info on the label after all. Very weird though as Casablanca/Chocolate City were always multi-coloured labels due to Neil Bogart (label owner) always spending lots of dosh LOL.....

It's almost like they figured it may be pulled, which it eventually was of course.....

Should've been a promo that's what I say LOL....

Ian D :ohmy:

Social source share

Very weird though as Casablanca/Chocolate City were always multi-coloured labels due to Neil Bogart (label owner) always spending lots of dosh LOL.....

Ian D
:lol:

Good point Ian hadn"t thought of it that way.

Ever seen a multi coloured one ? It is CC001 so is that the 1st Choc City release ?? The Cameo Choc City is also CC001

Cheers Paul

Social source share

I have a few of those Ian (it seems that you have to say things like that in message board responses :lol: ), nice, but may I ask you, or anyone as it goes, about the Babe Ruth boot that I have - apologies if this is baby stuff but I'm sure you all know how it is (you can't know everything now, can you) - the Capitol release is the cleaned up version and in my opinion, the poorer version and not the version that I own on the boot.

I have the lp STEALING HOME much longer version if i remember rightly :lol:

Social source share

Good point Ian hadn"t thought of it that way.

Ever seen a multi coloured one ? It is CC001 so is that the 1st Choc City release ?? The Cameo Choc City is also CC001

Cheers Paul

/quote]

Typical innit. I have EVERY coloured label Cameo release on Chocolate City except "Find My Way" - probably 'cos I have The Players. I'm pretty sure it came out as Cameo on the multi-coloured label with the same cat no but I'm sure someone on here can confirm....

Ian D

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I've never heard the boot Barry. Now that you've said that I'll run a comparison between the UK promo and US one although they'll probably be the same won't they?

Plus I never knew that Babe Ruth was an indie release at all!! What label was it? I'm really curious as I thought they were signed straight to Capitol......

Also how much longer is the album version? You'd better play it LOL....

Ian D :lol:

Babe Ruth wasn't ever 'an indie release', mate. They were actually signed to EMI (Bovema) Holland, from about 1971 to 1977, and their releases appeared on various EMI affiliates around the world throughout that time. Over here they were on Harvest first, then Capitol.

I saw them live in 1972, long before their brief 'adoption' on the scene and when they were touring to support the (very funky) single "Wells Fargo". The girl singer they had back then (Jennie Haas) was to drool for! I believe that the girl on "Elusive" was a 'later model' and an English girl, though...

The first week that "Find My Way" came through on import as the Players, they were on the white label that you've posted up here. But only the first week...

Social source share

Babe Ruth wasn't ever 'an indie release', mate. They were actually signed to EMI (Bovema) Holland, from about 1971 to 1977, and their releases appeared on various EMI affiliates around the world throughout that time. Over here they were on Harvest first, then Capitol.

I saw them live in 1972, long before their brief 'adoption' on the scene and when they were touring to support the (very funky) single "Wells Fargo". The girl singer they had back then (Jennie Haas) was to drool for! I believe that the girl on "Elusive" was a 'later model' and an English girl, though...

The first week that "Find My Way" came through on import as the Players, they were on the white label that you've posted up here. But only the first week...

That's what I thought Tony. I think it was when Barry said "anyway is the bootlegged version I have a boot of the original independant release prior to Capitol picking it up"? that made me question it LOL....

Interesting band Babe Ruth - I think they had a breakbeat collectible as well with "The Mexican" I seem to recall.........

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Yeah, I think you're right - there's no promo info on the label after all. Very weird though as Casablanca/Chocolate City were always multi-coloured labels due to Neil Bogart (label owner) always spending lots of dosh LOL.....

It's almost like they figured it may be pulled, which it eventually was of course.....

Should've been a promo that's what I say LOL....

Ian D :thumbup:

Still nice though :rolleyes:

I'm a sucker for demo's too, would always go for a demo even if the issue was rarer :thumbsup:

Whilst we are on the subject of demo's i've got a white demo of the 'Voice Masters - If A Woman Catches A Fool/Never Gonna Leave You' on Bamboo BMB 105. It's the rarest form on issue but does that still apply to the demo, or is it rarer ? Can't say i've seen another or seen one advertised so my guess is yes, appreciate if someone could clarify.

Social source share

Guest Bogue

heres a 10" acetate of the players, ive always wondered about this note on the sleeve, anyway somebody wasnt too impressed with this, tom moulton ????

Great to see stuff like that :rolleyes:

Social source share

heres a 10" acetate of the players, ive always wondered about this note on the sleeve, anyway somebody wasnt too impressed with this, tom moulton ????

I think it is! It looks like Tom's writing. I'll check with him next time I speak to him and see if he remembers - I know Tom quite well following the Salsoul reissues in '02-'05 'cos he's still on the Salsoul payroll......

Ian D :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Bogue

I think it is! It looks like Tom's writing. I'll check with him next time I speak to him and see if he remembers - I know Tom quite well following the Salsoul reissues in '02-'05 'cos he's still on the Salsoul payroll......

Ian D :thumbsup:

If you do speak to him can you pass on that i for one thought he did a terrific job on that Jamie/Guyden CD 'The Northern Side Of Philly Soul' ! I thought he made some old standards sound even better ! Would have been so easy to have over cooked it & ruined them !

No great thing coming from me i know ! but appreciate if you could pass it on anyhow :rolleyes:

Social source share

If you do speak to him can you pass on that i for one thought he did a terrific job on that Jamie/Guyden CD 'The Northern Side Of Philly Soul' ! I thought he made some old standards sound even better ! Would have been so easy to have over cooked it & ruined them !

No great thing coming from me i know ! but appreciate if you could pass it on anyhow :rolleyes:

It'd be a pleasure Bogue and gives me an excuse to ring the cantankerous old sod LOL! He's still the top guy for mastering the 70's gear to me, even though his apartment stinks of cat pee and master tapes - a perfect smell for us vinyl hounds in many ways.....

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert