Larry Davis & The Marvels

• Replies 11
  • Views 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My old "Sunny & The Sunliners" cover up from early 80's.

Never really took off back then... but I've heard it played out a few times recently.

Seen a Demo for £50 a couple of months ago.

Sean

Didn't know it had been played then Sean, great record.

It took me quite a while to get one to be honest, great record, revived by Andy Whitmore and now the rest of us are following Mr Whitmore (how many times has that been said - or should have been said more likely!!)

Social source share

had my copy for a while now and i was sure that i had played it out fairly recently but after checking back on my playlists it turns out that i have'nt, will give it a spin at the hibs club all-dayer 20th april.

Social source share

Didn't know it had been played then Sean, great record.

It took me quite a while to get one to be honest, great record, revived by Andy Whitmore and now the rest of us are following Mr Whitmore (how many times has that been said - or should have been said more likely!!)

Played it a couple of times at Bradford, Jock.

No more than twice. A Real Floor Clearer!

They just weren't ready for it I guess (got an armful of those :D ).

Certainly agree that Andy's broken* and been behind a lot of great choons that he never got credit for.

:lol:

Sean

*But this one's mine! :P

Social source share

I have no doubts there mate, lots passed through people like yourselves hands back then that is only slowly gaining favour now, to very little credit often!

Just finished sorting out my 30 records for tomorrow, don't think I will be catching the 8am train somehow!

See you tomorrow Mr Hampsey, really looking forward to it.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

This came to my attention via Dave Abbott, who put it onto a CD which he sent to me in the US, Harvey Averne 'Never Learned To Dance' precedes this perfectly in a set, great tune & with regards to price I have seen this recently for upwards of 70 & it sold pronto !!!!!.

Best Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert