Marvin Gaye Birthday

Mike

would have been 69 today

An excerpt from the recently released DVD of some of Marvin's greatest live performances on TV and film, "Real Thing: In Performance 1964-1981," This live performance comes from the long out-of-circulation 1973 film, "Save The Children" with James Jamerson on bass

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Marvin at his best - my favourite all time artist and the one whom I would above any person past or present wish to meet.

Though his singing ability was enough on it's own, he had an inner depth, which interest's me greatly, though sadly this also appeared to have a negative effect on him..

Apart from his voice, mind and performing skill's he was very good looking when he was younger too... :lol:

"What's going on" is my favourite - quite ironic that his own life was taken by the hand of his own father....

Marvin and Tammi - well what can I say the chemistry between them is just electric...

What little gem's have we missed - had he been alive today - who know's, his best work we have probably had the privilage and pleasure of already... :lol:

Social source share

Guest Soulshake

Amen to that!!

Still kills me everytime i hear the start of "Distant lover" on the motown "Marvin gaye live" record that was recorded in oakland county coliseum, the man just had effortless grace. Genius!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert