Wanted-jackie Trent

Guest brickiesondecks

Guest brickiesondecks

Hi,im looking for a copy of Jackie Trent- You Baby,PYE DJ or Stock copy doesnt matter, dont think its too hard to come by,,cheers.

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Leigh J

====

not very in these days but 'you baby' is one of my all time faves ..send her away is good too

got a UK Pye issue ,,

Do you know anything about the Yvonne Barret version of Send Her Away Mark ?

Social source share

Guest moggy

Did John Holt Or Ken Booth release it as well ! :lol: seems to be in my head but instaed of Jackie the one rolling around my barnet is a reggae version :lol:

Social source share

Did John Holt Or Ken Booth release it as well ! :D seems to be in my head but instaed of Jackie the one rolling around my barnet is a reggae version :D

yes john holt did the reggae take in the 70s on trojan a really catchy effort, i have both , but prefer jackie trent,though they both hold fond memories for there own reasons.

Social source share

HAS ANYONE HEARD THE BEV HARREL VERSION ON THE AUSTRALIAN HMV .MISSED OUT LAST YEAR ON THE JACKIE TRENT BUT CAME ACROSS THIS WHILE AT THE AUSSIE WEEKENDER LAST YEAR CERTAINLY A VG VERSION IMO

Edited by Dale
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Yes, Bev's version is v.v. fab - but let's not forget that (although it's not really a record you can dance to) the Ronettes' sublime rendition is the best one of all...

...I do love Jackie Trent as well, of course. And lots of her other records, too, she's a wonderful singer...

Social source share

Yes, Bev's version is v.v. fab - but let's not forget that (although it's not really a record you can dance to) the Ronettes' sublime rendition is the best one of all

Is The Ronnettes not a totally different song? It's a Phil Spector original - Jackie Trent is a cover of The Turtles, at least The Turtles was the pop version I heard first... ?

Social source share

Is The Ronnettes not a totally different song? It's a Phil Spector original - Jackie Trent is a cover of The Turtles, at least The Turtles was the pop version I heard first... ?

Jackie Trent is definitely a cover of the Ronnettes - The Turtles song is a totally different song altogether, same title, different record

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Source Advert