The Greatest Soul Flyers Ever

let's post the best soul, jazz or funk flyers 'n' posters or video/vinyl/cd artwork ever!!! from all decades!!! our own archive of great & (maybe) lost designs...by the way check this fantastic website of soulful | designs

https://soulfuldesigns.blogspot.com

they got soul & will do awesome artwork for your own partys or vinyl/cd releases!!! great stuff!!!

cheers m.

now i will dig for some nice & soulful artwork

Edited by matt fox
Social source share

• Replies 42
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Bogue

let's post the best soul or funk flyers, posters or vinyl/cd artwork ever!!! from all decades!!! our own archive of great & (maybe) lost designs...by the way check these fantastic website of soulful | designs

they got soul & will do awesome artwork for your own partys or vinyl/cd releases!!! great stuff!!!

cheers m.

now i will dig for some nice flyers

Enjoying your podcast site at the moment too :D

Social source share

monthly (us) soul music publication by marc taylor entitled "A Touch of Classic Soul: The Music You Love from Back in the Day." This publication features interviews and profiles on African-American artists whose commercial prime ranged from the 1950s through the 1980s.

nice artwork as well...

post-9252-1207135991_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt fox
Social source share

Guest Bogue

Looking at these & others i have seen on the net, i have to say i think our european buddies have the edge on stylish flyers :yes:

Social source share

• 3 months later...

let's post the best soul, jazz or funk flyers 'n' posters or video/vinyl/cd artwork ever!!! from all decades!!! our own archive of great & (maybe) lost designs...by the way check this fantastic website of soulful | designs

cheers m.

I don't understand the point of featuring flyers where the reason that they are good is that they are jacking album covers or other originally great artwork. I understand why people make the flyers like that -- they look good -- but only because the original art looks good. I would be interested in seeing flyers where original design / art made them good. For example, there are lots of galleries of Rock music flyers and they look good becaues of the artists who made them, not because they stole a bunch of album covers.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I don't understand the point of featuring flyers where the reason that they are good is that they are jacking album covers or other originally great artwork. I understand why people make the flyers like that -- they look good -- but only because the original art looks good. I would be interested in seeing flyers where original design / art made them good. For example, there are lots of galleries of Rock music flyers and they look good becaues of the artists who made them, not because they stole a bunch of album covers.

also, if I were to make a flyer, I would also steal an album cover or a photo (just like I did on my website), but that's because I'm not an artist ... I wouldn't want to be recognized for doing it.

Social source share

I agree with you, though I think the point of this actual thread being started was self-promotion by the thread starter, he did the same on EMS recently, it's just a big plug for his flyer designer/designs.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

The flyers that James Trouble has produced for his events take some beating, I can't think of any better ones I've seen.

I used to love the Scenesville flyers. I tried to collect them all but gave up. Janine Snow told me she had the full collection once i think.

For me they were the first of the glossy professional looking flyers at venues.

Maybe Nick Brown has a full set?

Social source share

I used to love the Scenesville flyers. I tried to collect them all but gave up. Janine Snow told me she had the full collection once i think.

For me they were the first of the glossy professional looking flyers at venues.

Maybe Nick Brown has a full set?

scenesville sprung to my mind as well

heres the last one (?) from the 3000+ old flyers still on here in past flyer gallery

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Soul-So...lery-cat11.html

gallery_812_10_395178.jpg

Social source share

cheers m.

Best ones i ever seen was those from the Cricketer nighters in Wigan late 80,s early 90,s post card size one was a reproduction poster of when Betty Wright was live at Wigan another was of a little black kid in a ghetto with no shoes on. R.E Gil Scott Heron the Bottle. The only other one i can remember was a old cricketer with a bat in hand. I,m sure someone on here will have scans available.

Steve

Social source share

I think the best flyer we ever had for a soul event in my hometown Dresden was this great work by a very good friend of mine from Berlin

front - flip - the pattern were the kittens

that is very well done and actually took artistic talent too!

Social source share

that is very well done and actually took artistic talent too!

the woman on the left (Laurel Ross) was later in Silk on Nation by the way. The woman on the right was previously in the Parkettes on Ludix. The woman in the middle is Bernice Willis, who later had a record on Okeh. Just FYI.

Social source share

my personal favs are the ones Johnny Beggs gave out in the 90,s

The Northern Cowboy flyers i think they where promoting the Bear

Every flyer was a laugh great stuff..... :thumbsup:

Still have a few of these ones somewhere, will try and dig them out, great laugh, was when John Beggs and Duncan Pollard ran the Bear after Chris Savory, Dave Bell and Nick Marshell

Social source share

I agree with you, though I think the point of this actual thread being started was self-promotion by the thread starter, he did the same on EMS recently, it's just a big plug for his flyer designer/designs.

I dont know if I'm right or wrong here, but isn't a 'great flyer' one that very clearly shouts out the crucial information that the promotor is trying to get across about whatever they're promoting?.. unsure.gif

I've seen some, with stunning artwork but they're so full of eye catching detail that this detracts from the message the promotor is trying to get across.

my 'greatest ever attempt at a soul flyer is still under construction' - look out for the Bury anniversary flyer later this year.. :lol:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert