Lou Roberts, You Fooled Me, Xl

• Replies 18
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone got a high res. scan of this one, I didn't even know it was out on this before MGM!

I thought the XL release was legend.....never, ever seen one :D

I always found Lou Roberts to be a bit on the cheesey side, though "She's Not Mama's Little Girl" on Sounds Of Memphis is a superb tune :lol:

Social source share

Ady, did I not lend you this a couple of weeks ago...lol also have Ten To One MGM Demo and Everything You Alway's Wanted To Know About Love if you want to borrow them.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Yes thanks, but I saw the XL version in John's price guide for £150 so guessed it must be around somewhere!

Social source share

I thought the XL release was legend.....never, ever seen one :thumbsup:

I always found Lou Roberts to be a bit on the cheesey side, though "She's Not Mama's Little Girl" on Sounds Of Memphis is a superb tune :thumbsup:

Nowt wrong with cheese lad, though I actually like them a lot, though not so keen on Ten to One. I'll listen to the one you mentioned, cheers.

Social source share

Nowt wrong with cheese lad, though I actually like them a lot, though not so keen on Ten to One. I'll listen to the one you mentioned, cheers.

Aah the memories

would have thought the Ten to one issue is the toughest of the lot.

took me twenty odd years to get one.

But looks like the xl you fooled me could take the prize :thumbsup:

Social source share

Surprised a man of your soul pedigree owning that Lou Roberts tosh Mr. Bicknell ;-)

Macca.

Be suprised what I've got tucked away lol nowt wrong with a little Lou Roberts, Buck Rogers Movement etc. etc. on a serious note my three Lou Roberts records were bought way back and like some records you never seem to get rid of, ok not a soul singer but great Northern records none the less.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I thought the XL release was legend.....never, ever seen one :thumbsup:

I always found Lou Roberts to be a bit on the cheesey side, though "She's Not Mama's Little Girl" on Sounds Of Memphis is a superb tune :thumbsup:

I always found Lou Roberts to be a bit on the good side, great Northern, but no good if you're looking for deep soul experience!

Social source share

I thought the XL release was legend.....never, ever seen one :yes:

I always found Lou Roberts to be a bit on the cheesey side, though "She's Not Mama's Little Girl" on Sounds Of Memphis is a superb tune :D

For some reason I thought the other side was something else, must play it?? and it will be in stereo as well :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest moggy

One of my abiding memories of how my life began on the road that is Northern Soul

Hearing Lou Roberts "You Fooled Me" being belted out by Pep in my first year on the scene

just fell in love with it there and then, maybe a bit dated now, but back then, phuckin ell, choofin great tune wink.gif "You fooled me baby, you fooled baby, I thought I had you wrapped around my finger" :lol::lol:

We had to listen to bucket loads of cheese (Orrible cheese not nice cheese :lol: )

But Lou will always stand the test of time, you could still get away with playing one of his tracks today & the punters would love it, an Oldies venue or spot of course

Praise be to Lou :lol:

Social source share

I've obviously missed out the cheese front then. LR & other stuff, like Cobblestone, used to have me run off the dancefloor well sharpish. But then I've danced to Flamma Sherman for gawd's sake. I blame the medicine of course. :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert