• Replies 26
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest woolie mark

i would put £100 to £150 on this, but it's a sure bet to go up in value cos it's such a great record and there don't seem to be very many copies around (not for sale, anyway)

i can't see why there's any difference in value between the two issues with different credits cos they were obviously issued at roughly the same time and the second issue is a better quality presing imo - but it's only presumed that one is the earliest cos that's the one that richard uncovered anyway (youll luv this hisorical wigan stuff.........won't u mark?) so nobody really knows which is the first one in any event

obviously not a black vocalist, but northern soul is such a broad church and this is sooooo damn funky :)

i remeber keith money playing this at a weekender a couple of years ago very early in the morning and people were running onto the dancefloor cos it's so fekkin mental

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

the so called first one.Writer credits one person only and the writing is blue where as the other is pretty much grey if memory serves me right.

your memory serves you wrong, you young whippersnapper wink.gif what do you think may be the cause of these memory problems mr aldridge? :shades:

if i remember correctly, we found they were both stamped off the same plates?

post-1980-1207410514_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

was going to reply to this ages ago.

maybe you should try adey pierce 4 this.

was on his list heaps a few years bak.

i remember cause every time he said on list when selling them,just found a few more in the garage AGAIN!!!!!!

always had it for £70, so in this day & age to just go up to £100 (which i agree the right price) aint bad inflation, next too what the teachers want.

Social source share

Thanks for the replies chaps - I think a realistic price is £80/£100 for a decent copy, that is what I have seen 'em go for - and you know how it is with your collecting sickness, if it's not The Q, it's summat else that you'll spend your wedge on - there's always too many and always 'another', which is why I'll stick at me oner offer.

I'll check your responses out, ta.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

My copy has a pretty obvious warp in it which does not affect play at all. Can anyone clarify what I was told by a source some years ago - whether the warp is evident in quite a few copies?

Social source share

Source Advert