The Ebony's "i'm So Glad I'm Me" - Ever Played?

Wow, just played this on the show today and it's still breathtakingly magnificent. A superlative slice of stomping Northern with some unbelievable harmonies and wailing. Many thanks to Phillydaveg for hooking this out of retirement for me!

Used to LOVE this from the album in the early 70's and then managed to get a Philly International 45 of it but wasn't around to play it out at the time.

And I think it's RARE for a Philly International 45. Would love a white demo of it if anyone can oblige.......

So has it ever been played out? I'm still filling in gaps from the 'lost' years LOL......

Ian D biggrin.gif

I_m_So_Glad_I_m_Me.MP3

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wow, just played this on the show today and it's still breathtakingly magnificent. A superlative slice of stomping Northern with some unbelievable harmonies and wailing. Many thanks to Phillydaveg for hooking this out of retirement for me!

Used to LOVE this from the album in the early 70's and then managed to get a Philly International 45 of it but wasn't around to play it out at the time.

And I think it's RARE for a Philly International 45. Would love a white demo of it if anyone can oblige.......

So has it ever been played out? I'm still filling in gaps from the 'lost' years LOL......

Ian D biggrin.gif

hi ian it has had plays but never got as big as it should have done.

mark

Social source share

Ian D :lol:

GARRY HOLYMAN PUT ME ON TO THIS A FEW YEARS AGO, AND YES IVE PLAYED IT OUT, WITH GOOD DANCE FLOOR REACTION .

BUT,

FLIP IT OVER, THE B SIDES BETTER !!!!! (SO YOU DONT NEED THE WHITE DEMO)

JOHN FISHER

Social source share

Yeah I have played this on and off over the last few years, along with the Persuaders "Two women" and The TNJ`s "Dont forget about me"....always put those three records together for some reason...

John, spot on about the other side...cracking 70s soul dancer..

Chris

Been after the issue copy for a while now brilliant double sider. if any one has one for sale pm me please.

Daryl

Social source share

GARRY HOLYMAN PUT ME ON TO THIS A FEW YEARS AGO, AND YES IVE PLAYED IT OUT, WITH GOOD DANCE FLOOR REACTION .

BUT,

FLIP IT OVER, THE B SIDES BETTER !!!!! (SO YOU DONT NEED THE WHITE DEMO)

JOHN FISHER

I agree with this comment,wonderfull record both sides,many years ago the late Randy Cozens put out a tape (as he did)this tune was on it,brilliant, i played it at his memorial function in Southgate,it bought the house down everyone singing along,cos it was one of his plays at this event before his untimley passing,thanks Randy

toby..

Social source share

Both sides have been played at our venue in Whitley Bay in the last year. Myself only having a double sided demo so being restricted, though Jason played the other side. I probably should look at getting an issue copy!

I was put on to this by John Warren from Australia when he assisted in my ear being bent out of a strictly nothing post '70 policy! Certainly does the trick this one!

Social source share

Not new to me as it's on The Soulclub Jukebox and I fell for it a year or so back.

Absolutely cracking tune and one I would love to hear (and dance to) out.

What is on the other side?

KTF.

Drew.

Edited by Drew3
Social source share

'Do you like the way I love'. I'll post it up tomorrow when I can get on the other computer.

Both sides played at MonuMENTAL, Filthy Soul and my defunct show on Starpoint Radio

When did the show go defunct Nelly? And why?

I might have known it'd be you being Philly n' all!

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert