Stevie Wonder - Until You Come Back To Me

I've just been listening to Stevie Wonder's (original, I presume?) version of "Until you come back to me", from the late 70s "Looking back" compilation,and wondered if it had ever been released previously? I can't find it on any albums from the time (it was recorded in January '67).

Anyone know?

Cheers

Nick

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've just been listening to Stevie Wonder's (original, I presume?) version of "Until you come back to me", from the late 70s "Looking back" compilation,and wondered if it had ever been released previously? I can't find it on any albums from the time (it was recorded in January '67).

Anyone know?

Cheers

Nick

written by stevie arethas version released in 72 i think knocks any other version for six

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Anyone know?

Cheers

Nick

I'm pretty sure that it had never been out before "Looking Back". Quite unbelievably, really, when you consider some of the second rate stuff that Motown used as filler for Stevie's late 60s albums....

Social source share

we had a discussion about stevies original version on ems a while back, the concensus was that it slipped out on 'looking back' possibly in error, but that it had not been released previously. both great versions (hil st. soul do a good version too),

cheers Paul

Social source share

Guest stonedsoul

the sounds of blackness do a great version of this song as well, they were a gospel group from minneapolis, it's on their first lp titled images of blackness from 74'

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert