J.p. Rogers "all My Lovin'" - Played @ Thorne?

Well, all this talk about Record Finds got me digging again and I found this beauty from '82 - J.P. Rogers Jr "All My Lovin'. It came from an Inculcation album with no sleeve but also got issued on a 45. Not strictly Northern, but definitely Modern and a work of art nonetheless.

Some of the Modern Soulers seem to know it and apparently it was played @ Thorne in the 80's.

It's just such a great record I thought I'd share it and if anyone's got a nice white promo of the single I'm up for it......

Dammit can't upload but here's a link......

J.P. Rogers "All My Lovin" Inculcation 1982

https://www.zshare.net/audio/94612236e87944/

Ian D :huh:

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It was played way before Thorne Ian :huh: a Modern scene classic

But where mate? Was it a localised play only at certain venues or did it spread?

The reason why I ask is I must have heard it somewhere 'cos it was instantly familiar and I was singing along to it after the first chorus, so maybe I did hear it way back.

It only came out in '82 so it couldn't have been played that much before Thorne could it? What years were Thorne anyway?

Ian D :ohmy:

Social source share

But where mate? Was it a localised play only at certain venues or did it spread?

The reason why I ask is I must have heard it somewhere 'cos it was instantly familiar and I was singing along to it after the first chorus, so maybe I did hear it way back.

It only came out in '82 so it couldn't have been played that much before Thorne could it? What years were Thorne anyway?

I think it turned up around 84-85 Ian ...every Modern Jock got one and it was played on the Pirates and London venues for sure . Darren just mentioned he found some with Gary S of Soul Bowl and Black Knight , you may have met Gary as he was mates with Poke :huh:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

I think it turned up around 84-85 Ian ...every Modern Jock got one and it was played on the Pirates and London venues for sure . Darren just mentioned he found some with Gary S of Soul Bowl and Black Knight , you may have met Gary as he was mates with Poke :huh:

I'm pretty sure I bumped into Gary S at a record fair in St Louis and then Chicago a couple of days later if I remember rightly. Would have been 88/89 I think.......

Social source share

I'm pretty sure I bumped into Gary S at a record fair in St Louis and then Chicago a couple of days later if I remember rightly. Would have been 88/89 I think.......

Ian D :D

Yeah you would of known by his Giant perm :lol: I think he still had one then ?

Social source share

Yeah you would of known by his Giant perm :lol: I think he still had one then ?

Yeah, you're right LOL....

There I was ploughing through racks of 45's in at a Sunday afternoon record fair in Louisville, Kentucky (I just remembered) when this voice said to me "Alright Frank" and I looked up to see the 'bubble perm' digging in the next rack.

Funny who you meet around and about LOL...

Ian D :D

Social source share

Well, all this talk about Record Finds got me digging again and I found this beauty from '82 - J.P. Rogers Jr "All My Lovin'. It came from an Inculcation album with no sleeve but also got issued on a 45. Ian D :P

Another question answered biggrin.gif ...I always wondered if all the copies of the LP came in a plain sleeve (like mine!)

Jerry.

Social source share

great record both album and 12....think he was an actor and played in some cop show from the states..possibly starsky & hutch..

I don't think JP Rogers acted ??? it was the label 'Inculcation', was owned by Bernie Hamilton, who played the police captain in Starsky & Hutch !!

Cheers Girf

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert