The First Choice- The Player

Just wanted to know what your feelings are on this track?

I personally love it but I'm as mad as a box of frogs!

What makes ya ears cringe and gets yer scuttling from room to room at a Nighter?

Listen to this track all the way through, don't think its ever been played on the scene? I'd dance to it!!! Would you?

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Big 'Philly Groove' Disco hit after "Armed & Extremely Dangerous" and "Smarty Pants".

Personally, I'd rather hear "One Step Away" - the flip of both "Smarty Pants" and "This Is The House" - played again... but a nice reminder of a Philly classic, nonetheless!

Ya beat me to it !! :D

Social source share

Just wanted to know what your feelings are on this track?

I personally love it but I'm as mad as a box of frogs!

What makes ya ears cringe and gets yer scuttling from room to room at a Nighter?

Listen to this track all the way through, don't think its ever been played on the scene? I'd dance to it!!! Would you?

just listened to let no man put asunder frankie nuckles remix (also on you tube ) quite good too

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

makes ya ears cringe and gets yer scuttling from room to .... NEAREST EXIT. :yes:

Migraine inducing music :thumbsup: What I really mean is....I don't like it.

Social source share

Big 'Philly Groove' Disco hit after "Armed & Extremely Dangerous" and "Smarty Pants".

Personally, I'd rather hear "One Step Away" - the flip of both "Smarty Pants" and "This Is The House" - played again... but a nice reminder of a Philly classic, nonetheless!

After " TITHWLD " , I always endeavoured to listen to any output I came across of FC ........

In respect of their other output , I did not really take to " TP " , but liked " AAED " , due to the acceptable and pleasurable vocalising of the lasses on the hook line of the song .....

Quite a few of the tracks they did on their PG albums were good , plus the B sides to 45s , one example being " One Step Away " , as Sean stated .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

After " TITHWLD " , I always endeavoured to listen to any output I came across of FC ........

In respect of their other output , I did not really take to " TP " , but liked " AAED " , due to the acceptable and pleasurable vocalising of the lasses on the hook line of the song .....

Quite a few of the tracks they did on their PG albums were good , plus the B sides to 45s , one example being " One Step Away " , as Sean stated .......

Malc Burton

OK, Malc, I know you love the vocals but just listen to the instrumental version of AAED.......

https://www.zshare.net/download/8980868bfb4ca9/

Plus a nice little unreleased First Choice gem "You Became A Woman"

https://www.zshare.net/download/89815528984a39/

Note: I have permission to post these plus any other Philly Groove repertoire from Reid Whitelaw who now administers the catalogue (and is also the co-writer of Magic Night's "If You And I Had Never Met").

Enjoy....

Best,

Ian D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

OK, Malc, I know you love the vocals but just listen to the instrumental version of AAED.......

https://www.zshare.net/download/8980868bfb4ca9/

Plus a nice little unreleased First Choice gem "You Became A Woman"

https://www.zshare.net/download/89815528984a39/

Note: I have permission to post these plus any other Philly Groove repertoire from Reid Whitelaw who now administers the catalogue (and is also the co-writer of Magic Night's "If You And I Had Never Met").

Enjoy....

Best,

Ian D

Thanks Ian .....

" YBAW " :D

Malc Burton

Social source share

Malc Burton

OMG Malc.... did you have alphabetti spaghetti for lunch again?

:huh:

TTFN

S

Social source share

Guest Hunnymon

A favourite of mine from the AAED album is "Newsy Nieghbours" which was issued as a single in the States.

Anyone else prefer The Pearls version of "GUILTY"?

Social source share

Big fave round these parts is "Running Out Of Fools" - nice, moody, Philly groover.

In fact the whole Armed & Extremely Dangerous album oozes class.

Nice one epic
thumbsup.gif
just dug my copy out and played '"Running......" for the 1st time in years, loving it

Have you tried "Can"t Take It With You" from their "Breakaway" LP from 1980 ?

Love Fist Choice
thumbup.gif

Anybody else rate "Love Freeze" on Philly Groove or is it just me?
ph34r.gif

Cheers Paul

Just me then I guess
g.gif

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!