Jesse James

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i would have thought there must be 100+ in collections up and down the country

altho it must be a four figure record by now. I nearly swopped a fascinators on bombay

for it some years ago but got cold feet at the last minute. nearest i came to owning one.

at least i still have the fascinators :(

dave

Social source share

i would have thought there must be 100+ in collections up and down the country

altho it must be a four figure record by now. I nearly swopped a fascinators on bombay

for it some years ago but got cold feet at the last minute. nearest i came to owning one.

at least i still have the fascinators :thumbsup:

dave

I always assumed there were fewer than that as it doesn't come up for sale much and I rarely see it on playlists... tho perhaps I'm just not in the loop.

Social source share

I always assumed there were fewer than that as it doesn't come up for sale much and I rarely see it on playlists... tho perhaps I'm just not in the loop.

I recently aquired a copy of this and I struggled to get it, mine was well into 4 figures. Only ever seen 4 go through Ebay in last 7 years. I would have thought that "100 copies in collections up and down the country was more like 10 copies". Good luck with your quest though because IMHO this record is the dogs and well worth the 4 year chase to get it. In fact I would say this is my favorite record of all time :lol:

Dazz

Social source share

The Arcades on Triad uses the exact same backing track as the Jessie James (which are both heavily indebted to Jerry Butler's I'm The One Who Loves You as mentioned above).

Both great records, but my preference has long been for JJ: I love his voice and he turns in a great performance on this.

In terms of quantities of Jessie James on Shirley around I would estimate a couple of dozen copies worldwide. Always been rare, and I believe it's the last release on the Shirley label.

Social source share

dont forget this record has been around a long time and im not disputing the quality of it.

it just shades the arcades for me. only 4 on ebay that popsike has picked up but popsike

dont pick everything up. all the top dealers have auctioned a copy in recent years since

auctioning rare records became the norm. but what about all the years b4 that. ive seen

at least 10 copies meself and i dont see bugger all compared to some. think i may have been a bit extreme with 100. but 10. your having a laugh ph34r.gif I still think i made a good move keeping

the fascinators. every body i talked to said i was insane if i went ahead with the deal

dave

Social source share

dont forget this record has been around a long time and im not disputing the quality of it.

it just shades the arcades for me. only 4 on ebay that popsike has picked up but popsike

dont pick everything up. all the top dealers have auctioned a copy in recent years since

auctioning rare records became the norm. but what about all the years b4 that. ive seen

at least 10 copies meself and i dont see bugger all compared to some. think i may have been a bit extreme with 100. but 10. your having a laugh ph34r.gif I still think i made a good move keeping

the fascinators. every body i talked to said i was insane if i went ahead with the deal

dave

hi,,what a nice dilemma to have! biggrin.gif .Think you did the right thing imho,but having both would be even nicer!!.JJ is a top toon tho'.

Social source share

Guest jinx74

last time i talked to (jesse) james he had a couple of copies in his atlanta office... or so he thought he did. this was about a year or so ago so maybe he still has them.

Social source share

at least 10 copies meself and i dont see bugger all compared to some. think i may have been a bit extreme with 100. but 10. your having a laugh :thumbup: I still think i made a good move keeping

dave

Ten is certainly way under the amount of known copies, I've had this title a small quanity in the 80s. It's a Bay Area production, a man call Mr. Badger (first name eludes me but it's not Perk) a local car salesman used to put up the money for many of Jesse's releases, as he did with this one.

It was distributed on the West Coast by Atlantic making it more than just an obscure local press.

I've possibly had 6 or so in the last 15 years. Before that I did have a small quanity found in San Jose, maybe 20-ish have been through our hands at one time or another.

There's maybe a 50+ but in a collecting scene of 30 to 40,000 participants that's damn rare!

Social source share

Ten is certainly way under the amount of known copies, I've had this title a small quanity in the 80s. It's a Bay Area production, a man call Mr. Badger (first name eludes me but it's not Perk) a local car salesman used to put up the money for many of Jesse's releases, as he did with this one.

It was distributed on the West Coast by Atlantic making it more than just an obscure local press.

I've possibly had 6 or so in the last 15 years. Before that I did have a small quanity found in San Jose, maybe 20-ish have been through our hands at one time or another.

There's maybe a 50+ but in a collecting scene of 30 to 40,000 participants that's damn rare!

hi john...guys name is ron badger, he also produced & co wrote the arcades (which to my ears is the better version)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert