Cds

been to a few anniversary events recently and been given a free c.d.friends have asked for a copy of the mentioned c.d. .i know this has been posted up before but does anyone(promoters, djs.etc.) have any objection to this .obviously no financial gain would result

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

been to a few anniversary events recently and been given a free c.d.friends have asked for a copy of the mentioned c.d. .i know this has been posted up before but does anyone(promoters, djs.etc.) have any objection to this .obviously no financial gain would result

Who are these People?..... Name, Names??..... we NEED to know who is giving away OUR soul Music on this EVIL format!!..

Do these people not realise that the original artists recieve Nothing in way of financial gain from this, do they even have the first idea about the hours and hours of blood, sweat and tears these artists went through to record these tracks...... only for some promoter type to give them away FREE to the 'first 50 people through the door' just for some advertising gimick!!...

Next thing you know they will start giving away plastic Soul patches as well, meaning thousands of embroideres who toil late into the night in ghetto sweatshops sewing little Owls on bits of cloth - will be thrown onto the streets and their children put into the Workhouse!..

So!, next time you hand over you '£5 on the Door' and the guy/girl says "would like your free CD?", Just say "No thanks!, I'm keeping it real!, I'm keeping it Vinyl".... (Said Vinyl must be original and in Mint condition, ie no boots, Pressings, issue's or carvers)

Eat the Cake...

Social source share

Who are these People?..... Name, Names??..... we NEED to know who is giving away OUR soul Music on this EVIL format!!..

Do these people not realise that the original artists recieve Nothing in way of financial gain from this, do they even have the first idea about the hours and hours of blood, sweat and tears these artists went through to record these tracks...... only for some promoter type to give them away FREE to the 'first 50 people through the door' just for some advertising gimick!!...

Next thing you know they will start giving away plastic Soul patches as well, meaning thousands of embroideres who toil late into the night in ghetto sweatshops sewing little Owls on bits of cloth - will be thrown onto the streets and their children put into the Workhouse!..

So!, next time you hand over you '£5 on the Door' and the guy/girl says "would like your free CD?", Just say "No thanks!, I'm keeping it real!, I'm keeping it Vinyl".... (Said Vinyl must be original and in Mint condition, ie no boots, Pressings, issue's or carvers)

Eat the Cake...

:no::g: oohh err

Social source share

Eat the Cake...

quality mate ! love it,please send all your free venue cds to me and i promise i will cherish them

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

at the end of the day if we get a free cd of music fine, but if we want to copy for a friend do so might be there way to get into some of the music

Social source share

As far as Nothern Soul tracks are concerned, I dont think any vinyl, cd, mp3, or any other reproduced format has generated any money for any of the artists other than a pitance.

On the other hand when these artists who are still alive and are lucky enough to get brought over to perform in front of a few 000 fans, it must make it almost worthwhile for them.

How much did Frank Wilson get for 'soul survivors 1 cd' ? not much, I guess.

Free distribution of the music at least 'spreads the word' and might just generate enough interest to get a promoter/dealer to search the artist out and bring them over here, as has been the case for the last 30 years or so.

Ed

Social source share

As far as Nothern Soul tracks are concerned, I dont think any vinyl, cd, mp3, or any other reproduced format has generated any money for any of the artists other than a pitance.

On the other hand when these artists who are still alive and are lucky enough to get brought over to perform in front of a few 000 fans, it must make it almost worthwhile for them.

How much did Frank Wilson get for 'soul survivors 1 cd' ? not much, I guess.

Free distribution of the music at least 'spreads the word' and might just generate enough interest to get a promoter/dealer to search the artist out and bring them over here, as has been the case for the last 30 years or so.

Ed

That's not true there are quite a few artists who get much more than a pitance when their work is re-released legally and under contract. Ace / Kent are sending out substantial cheques every week to artists, label owners and songwriters. We obviously bring artists over too, there's no reason why they shouldn't get their dues in more than one way.

As for free CDs from the venues, that's a personal matter for the promoters and has a lot to be said for and against it.

Social source share

:ohmy: No prob,s in this camp, just like the old days when doing a cassatte tape, :thumbsup: cant see anything wrong with recieving goodies.... no cash changing hands :lol: And just for playing at home , or in the car, etc. nothing wrong. SO LONG as one dos,nt dj out with them, wink.gif that is......... most of the time the quality is,nt top notch anyway.... :lol: martyn
Social source share

i`d openly encourage anyone to copy any Cd I`d done for them, either personally or as part of a venue promotion. As was mentioned earlier wider knowledge of tunes equals more knowledgeable punters asking for different requests equals moving the scene along one more notch....

Chris

:thumbup:chris my old mate, trust all ok ? hope to meet up with you one day soon.... AND the real reason for chris, s above post , is so he can sell more tunes lol. cheers mate, Martyn.

Social source share

Eat the Cake...

you need to get out more mate. Unlikely that many artists recieve money or a very nominal amount, good promotion for the scene and for the artists too as people may look for other material by said artists and thus the soul scene develops and groes, think positive you'll feel better in yourself.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert