Ed Summers / Joe Anderson

Mal C

Ed Summers - I can Tell (Soya) - Probably edges it over Joe Anderson's effort, silky smooth 70's

Just seen this on a sales thread, I've always held off buying this version cause I recon although the production does knock you for six from the off, I still recon Joe's version has the better vocal...

We all collect 'other' versions, anybody got any that I might not know??

Mal :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

both great versions but Ed Summers is the better version IMO

Try the two Vocals again Val, ignore the production,then tell me what you think...

Had a cd with another version of the Classic 'Give me some Emotion' by Webster lewis later by Merry Clayton in that last swap, this new (To me ) version by a singer called Miss Madeline, anything to do with the Mar v uls singer of the same name??? Anyhow I recon the original is best in the instance, Miss madeline just added nothing to the two I already knnew...

any thoughts?

mal

Social source share

Try the two Vocals again Val, ignore the production,then tell me what you think...

Had a cd with another version of the Classic 'Give me some Emotion' by Webster lewis later by Merry Clayton in that last swap, this new (To me ) version by a singer called Miss Madeline, anything to do with the Mar v uls singer of the same name??? Anyhow I recon the original is best in the instance, Miss madeline just added nothing to the two I already knnew...

any thoughts?

mal

It's on Blue Soul also out of Chicago, so quite probably the same singer - Madeline Strickland. I'll see if I can find my 45 and compare vocals.

Social source share

Here's another one I heard lately that came as a complete surprise, yet another (Female) version of the Little Anthony, Delicates-Dee Edwards song - You Said You Love Me / Nothing from Nothing, which I'm told was written by Billy Preston (Same song?) don't have my issues of those three at hand to check....

Any body know the version I allude to cause I only heard it via the net...

Mal :thumbup:

Social source share

Here's another one I heard lately that came as a complete surprise, yet another (Female) version of the Little Anthony, Delicates-Dee Edwards song - You Said You Love Me / Nothing from Nothing, which I'm told was written by Billy Preston (Same song?) don't have my issues of those three at hand to check....

Any body know the version I allude to cause I only heard it via the net...

Mal smile.gif

Mal this'll be what you mean..... :thumbup:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/French-...532#entry705532

Social source share

Ed Summers - I can Tell (Soya) - Probably edges it over Joe Anderson's effort, silky smooth 70's

Just seen this on a sales thread, I've always held off buying this version cause I recon although the production does knock you for six from the off, I still recon Joe's version has the better vocal...

We all collect 'other' versions, anybody got any that I might not know??

Mal :rolleyes:

The best version is the unissued version of Joe Anderson - by a country mile.......I only play it occasionally tongue.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert