Did I Imagine This

Guest Leigh J

Guest Leigh J

I can clearly remember Keb playing a version of 'Padded Cells' Mr Misery ,by Ral Donner on an acetate ,Ive never seen it or heard it since , My memories of Stafford are a bit fuzzy

Anyone else remember it ?

Edited by Leigh J
Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Leigh J

yes it came out on a starfire green vinyl test pressing. quite rare and probably

pricey by todays standards :shades:

dave

Cheers Dave ,

Social source share

• 2 months later...

I can clearly remember Keb playing a version of 'Padded Cells' Mr Misery ,by Ral Donner on an acetate ,Ive never seen it or heard it since , My memories of Stafford are a bit fuzzy

Anyone else remember it ?

I know the guy that wrote the padded cell record, I looked through his records / acetates and he didn't have an acetate of this, by the way (I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm just saying that it must be a one-off or very rare type of thing).

Social source share

Pat played the Padded Cell version..

This version was played by Dave Thorley, not Keb

I'm sure Dave Thorley was definitely selling this on the sales list he produced in about '87. The list contained many of the Stafford monsters including The Ringleaders acetates, Hattie Winston acetate, a Glenda McCleod original, Soul Bros. Inc. etc.. I kept a copy of that list (along with lots of other interesting sales lists from the period) for many years and only lost it recently while moving house.

It made fascinating reading and I wonder if anyone still has a copy and could post up a scan.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert