• Replies 21
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Morning squire how was the 100 Club??

Talking to Kev Drax last night he said there was a copy for sale at Prestatyn for £20 but couldnt remember who was selling it, hopefully someone on here :thumbsup:

Alternatively I could ring you up and play me copy down the phone :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

Morning squire how was the 100 Club??

Talking to Kev Drax last night he said there was a copy for sale at Prestatyn for £20 but couldnt remember who was selling it, hopefully someone on here :D

Alternatively I could ring you up and play me copy down the phone :D:lol:

:Dunsure.gif:DSteve... that's about as useful as telling me that if I lived next door but one, was born two days later & had seven kids - I'd have won the lottery !! :yes: 100 Club Top Nite!! But... how cold it be anything else !?!

and... yes, please! why don't you ring me up & play your copy - no, wait... in actual fact - better still!! Why not do an entire cd for me... made up of just those two sides!! That's really gonna satisfy my desire ain't it !??! NOT!! laugh.gif:yes:

(Anyway, thought I was the current holder of the 'Worst Memory' title on this site, !?! Looks like Mr Drax is determinned to give me a run for my money though!

- unless, of course, he just hates me)

Seems you 'chappie's' at 'Soulful Shack' enjoyed another success then? Who needs Mark anyway!! Who, Indeed, when the 'Decidedly Dodgy Dynamic Duo' of 'Soul Super Hero' fame are able to: leap buildings in a single bound... stop speeding trains dead in their tracks... spin some awesome 'fresh' Soul Sounds... in the fight against the age old enemy of 'Evil Oldie 45 Spinners' type villains!! And all for the good of world's mankind, in particular, for the benefit of like-minded officiado's of Good Soul Music Not Heard Anywhere Near On A Regular Enough Basis !!

Fingers ..

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

'Battle', I believe.

:D

One can alway's rely on Mr Flynn to enter the Fray just at the right point... and I thank you, kind sir, for your educated assistance in enabling my chances of success by, at least, ensuring I look in the direction of the correct label (I'd never find one else... eh!?! Doh !!). Still a 'teeny weeny' bit dissapointed that such a valuable input does not, also, include an offer to satisfy my requirements though.. (note to oneself.. Move Mr D down a place on the xmas card list).

but wait.... where did this notion for Goldisc come from if not for the Mr Adams want?? Could only be from a 45 perhaps similar in nature to the desired Battle 45 methinks... wonder what the 'memory jumbled' details of that little 45 could be ?? Hmmmmm

(For the next instalment of this thrilling pursuit of vinyl pleasure.... see my next 'want' posting)

(Forgetful -or maybe just plain old overloaded brain of) Fingers shades.gif

Social source share

Sorry mate but couldnt resist :thumbup:

I need to revisit the 100 Club at some point havent been since about 1985

I thought Friday was a great night and Pete Griffin played some fantastic tunes as you will have seen from his playlist

I knew we were going to have some discontent when a few came in with their 40" bags and badges on but they were a very distinct minority and in fact although there were comments about not much northern being played early on they were in the majority up dancing later to the quality that was being played.

As me and Mike have already posted at least we went round and canvassed opinion so we can make any tweaks or adjustments needed

Six Hills was quiet last night but there was some awesome music played in the R&B room. Do you know a track by the title "Bury me deep" ? Sorry no label or artist

Someone also played the other side of Mood Mozaic which I hadnt heard in years, went down really well

See ya at Lowton on Friday if you going

Bloody Hell Im knackered :thumbup::no::P

Social source share

One can alway's rely on Mr Flynn to enter the Fray just at the right point...

Stop messing about with Bobby's Battle 45...you'll bet bored of it, mate...great intro but it just doesn't go anywhere and leaves a feeling of unfulfilled promise! Go for, if you haven't already got it, his disc on Purdy...'Don't you feel it'...far stronger, charismatic sharp organ work and prime BIG NYC Soul at it's finest. Then, start picking up other discs on Purdy like Ray Fleming's wonderful, 'For better or for worse'...did I mention I have a spare?

:yes:

Social source share

Stop messing about with Bobby's Battle 45...you'll bet bored of it, mate...great intro but it just doesn't go anywhere and leaves a feeling of unfulfilled promise! Go for, if you haven't already got it, his disc on Purdy...'Don't you feel it'...far stronger, charismatic sharp organ work and prime BIG NYC Soul at it's finest. Then, start picking up other discs on Purdy like Ray Fleming's wonderful, 'For better or for worse'...did I mention I have a spare?

:D

Would that be a spare of Ray Fleming (wonderful flip, too, 'Another Like You') or the aforementioned Bobby 45 Mr Flynn ?? :g: I've only ever come across Purdy's offering of Mr Flemings' 2-sider (a copy of which resides amongst my boxes) - is there much else on the label worthy of note?

Knowing you to be a chap of impeccable tastes (especially when Big NYC soul is the subject) your recommendations always evoke avid interest (t'was you, after all - whilst partaking of a brew at one Mr Fev's if memory serves correct, who first made me aware of the battle 45 in the early 90's.. still not bored of it yet though matey :no: )

Pray educate me further !??! :g:

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

Sorry mate but couldnt resist :(

I need to revisit the 100 Club at some point havent been since about 1985

I thought Friday was a great night and Pete Griffin played some fantastic tunes as you will have seen from his playlist

I knew we were going to have some discontent when a few came in with their 40" bags and badges on but they were a very distinct minority and in fact although there were comments about not much northern being played early on they were in the majority up dancing later to the quality that was being played.

As me and Mike have already posted at least we went round and canvassed opinion so we can make any tweaks or adjustments needed

Six Hills was quiet last night but there was some awesome music played in the R&B room. Do you know a track by the title "Bury me deep" ? Sorry no label or artist

Someone also played the other side of Mood Mozaic which I hadnt heard in years, went down really well

See ya at Lowton on Friday if you going

Bloody Hell Im knackered :lol::lol::lol:

sorry, not to do with the Bobby adams, although I do have a copy I dont seem to play ever, what's it worth? (his best track is 'What a mess' imo), & agree, 'dont you feel it' is great too, just sold a spare...

'Bury Me deep' is by Chance Hallyday on Bulldog.

Social source share

sorry, not to do with the Bobby adams, although I do have a copy I dont seem to play ever, what's it worth? (his best track is 'What a mess' imo), & agree, 'dont you feel it' is great too, just sold a spare...

'Bury Me deep' is by Chance Hallyday on Bulldog.

Thanx for the info Mik :(

Defo be looking out for the Purdy releases now!! Any chance of posting a soundfile for the 'What A Mess' please !??!

Bobby Adams value - I was offered various copies from a M- @£30 thru to £50 for a Vg+ !!

I feel the lower end is more reflective, personally.

Social source share

Mik

Thanks for the info, I also like " I think you want my girl" on Colpix which is another tracK I'm after

Nashee played the Chance Hallyday track on Saturday, great tune, hopefully may have found a copy

Social source share

Guest covmart

Could you post the label details of this please (and approx price) - good tune!

Heres a link to a copy with nice label scans that I sold a about a month. It went for $350 which is about the going rate, on Ebay anyway.

What A Mess

Social source share

He also did another one on Colpix 'Here is one' b/w 'You oughta been there' which are both decent tracks.

'What a mess' is deffo the best of the bunch imo. :ohmy:

Mace

Hi I will introduce myself to you at the next Bids, keep meaning to but always get sidelined, havent missed one my favourite niter :lol:

Funny you should mention 'Here is one' I bought a copy yesterday for $10 but still looking for the other on Colpix

Have you also heard 'You got next to me baby' on Pilma? Another cracking track that Im playing at the Soulful Shack

See at the next bids if not before

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Mace

Hi I will introduce myself to you at the next Bids, keep meaning to but always get sidelined, havent missed one my favourite niter :lol:

Funny you should mention 'Here is one' I bought a copy yesterday for $10 but still looking for the other on Colpix

Have you also heard 'You got next to me baby' on Pilma? Another cracking track that Im playing at the Soulful Shack

See at the next bids if not before

Cheers

Steve

Yeah, I've had the Pilma one in the past.

Got both Colpix 45s but not up for selling the one you want...think Nige Brown had one for sale a few months back.

See ya at Bidds mate (if you remember to introduce yourself :lol:biggrin.gif )

Regards

Mace

Social source share

Source Advert