Pomma - Wolverhampton Sad News

didnt know him well but was on nodding terms with him, he was everywhere in the midlands and beyond and i will miss seeing the guy on the dancefloor, wished i did know him better but still very upsetting to hear this sad news,we shared the same passion in music and that alone made us soul brothers,rest in peace pomma

jason

Social source share

• Replies 89
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well Poma me'darlin' you're certainly going to be missed, thats for sure.

If only you had known it.

To everyone who loved Poma love and see Bev. through this, and never miss the opportunity to show each other you love and care before it's too late.

See you again me'darlin' show 'em what heaven is like....bye for now xxx

Yes if only!!!!!!! :thumbup: Our heart felt sympathy,s go out to Pomma,s family.....and Bev i so want to give you a hug :thumbup:

Helen & Martin xxx

Social source share

Guest Mark Cartwright

I saw this guy - I've only just found out his name reading this - virtually everywhere I went since getting back on the scene in the last couple of years.

We were on 'nodding terms' only but you always got a smile and a connection as both being part of this great scene.

It's so sad that this has happened and so difficult for those left behind. My heart goes out to his friends and family - stay strong and remember the good times.

Edited by Mark Cartwright
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

didnt know him well but was on nodding terms with him, he was everywhere in the midlands and beyond and i will miss seeing the guy on the dancefloor, wished i did know him better but still very upsetting to hear this sad news,we shared the same passion in music and that alone made us soul brothers,rest in peace pomma

jason

Same here, i only knew him to say hello to. I'm so saddened to hear the news. He always had a smile on his face whenever i saw him.

My heartfelt condolences to his friends & family.

RIP.

Kylee.x

Social source share

One of the nicest people i have ever had the priveledge of meeting.

He always had a smile for me and a kiss......

I will miss you Pomma, and think of you often.

Suzy xx

Social source share

Guest Tim aka Bob

Absolutely gutted with this news..... Seen Pomma all over the place....mainly on the dancefloor of course......but only really got to know him over last Xmas.....spoke to him at Prestatyn!!!!!?????

Stuck for words sorry........Top Man!!!!!!

Social source share

I Had great pleasure in meeting Pomo a few times, last time was at Prestatyn, nice guy who loved soul music and liked a laugh, top man.

Have a great time at the big soul venue in heaven, meeting and signing along with some of the greats, Marvin, Sam, Otis, Linda, and all the rest.

Your with the best.

RIP

Willie

Social source share

Guest Sean Haydon

Well, It's been a week since the devastating shock of losing my best mate Rob. So difficult to read your lovely posts let alone write one. Since our Wigan days right through to now, Rob has been a true, solid friend. A perfect gentleman with high moral standards. Always the life and soul of our outings. I was proud to enter any venue with him and be introduced to many as his best friend.

It just wont be the same without him.

post-10634-1205436819_thumb.jpg

Gonna miss you mate.

Sean.

Social source share

Well, It's been a week since the devastating shock of losing my best mate Rob. So difficult to read your lovely posts let alone write one. Since our Wigan days right through to now, Rob has been a true, solid friend. A perfect gentleman with high moral standards. Always the life and soul of our outings. I was proud to enter any venue with him and be introduced to many as his best friend.

It just wont be the same without him.

post-10634-1205436819_thumb.jpg

Gonna miss you mate.

Sean.

hi sean

our thoughts are with you mate

kev and shaz

Social source share

Guest Sean Haydon

It's with great sadness and heavy hearts that we pay tribute to Rob Pomroy (Pomma). The word "Gentleman" as we've seen on many posts is so true, but also his sincerity and friendliness is how we think of him. Also of a man that always loved a laugh, from picking him up to dropping him off, having Rob with you always ensured you a good night.

A devoted Soulie who loved the music, was always first on the dancefloor and last off.

We loved you mate.

Our deepest heartfelt condolences go out to his family at this very sad time. Such a shame to lose a great friend.

Your friends. Dripin, Roger, Dawn, Bazza, Polly, Sean and Jayne. xx

post-10634-1205447862_thumb.jpg

Lowton 12th anniv. Roger Dawn Rob Baz Jackie Sean

Social source share

Guest Sean Haydon

SEE YOU THURSDAY MATE

Thanks Tim,

Robs family have asked me to post the funeral arrangements on SS when confirmed. Although provisionally made for next Thurs, 20th, should be confirmed tomorrow.

Sean

Social source share

Guest Sean Haydon

Robs Family has asked to announce the funeral arrangements.

11.00am, Thursday 20th March at St. Giles Church, Walsall St. Willenhall, West Midlands. WV13 2ER

12.00 midday at Bushbury Crematorium, Underhill Lane, Bushbury, Wolverhampton. WV10 7JG

Followed by the wake at:

The Royal Oak Public House, Vaughan Road, Portobello, Willenhall, West Midlands. WV13 3TJ

Robs brother John passes on, on behalf of the family, all their thanks and kind support from Robs many friends during this difficult period. John would like to extend an invitation to any of Robs friends wishing to attend.

Anyone wanting further information please PM me.

Sean

Social source share

11.00am, Thursday 20th March at St. Giles Church, Walsall St. Willenhall, West Midlands. WV13 2ER

12.00 midday at Bushbury Crematorium, Underhill Lane, Bushbury, Wolverhampton. WV10 7JG

Followed by the wake at:

The Royal Oak Public House, Vaughan Road, Portobello, Willenhall, West Midlands. WV13 3TJ

Robs brother John passes on, on behalf of the family, all their thanks and kind support from Robs many friends during this difficult period. John would like to extend an invitation to any of Robs friends wishing to attend.

Sean

Social source share

Followed by the wake at:

Sean

We will be there for sure thankyou Sean.

Helen & Martin xx

Social source share

Guest Dawnie

Thanks for the info Sean ~ we will there ~ I have pm'd you ~

Luv Dawn & Craig xx

post-4308-1205512881_thumb.jpg

My Last piccy with Pomma ~ such a lovely guy ~

post-4308-1205512881_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dawnie
Social source share

Guest Fordy

Pomma - a well known face around the West Midlands who graced most of the local venues as well as travelling the length and breadth of the country enjoying this music of ours has left us.

Although I knew him only as an aquaintance and brother in soul , he always made time for a word, laugh and joke whenever we met. He welcomed Annie and I without reservation when we moved back here and I never heard him say a bad word about anyone - probably because he was always on the dance floor sweating cobs !

Our thoughts go out to Bev and friends and family

Rest in peace mate

Wulfie and Annie

So sad too hear this, I got to know Pomma from Goodyears, I think we bumped into each other ( yes on the dancefloor ) and just hit it off. What a great bloke, I can't beleive it.

God Bless Pomma.

Fordy..

Social source share

Guest Fordy

Very sad news, got to know Pomma from going to Goodyears. I think we bumped into each other on the dancefloor and just hit it off.

A Great Bloke.

God bless Pomma.

Fordy..

Social source share

Guest roger H

We would just like to say a massive heartfelt thank you to all the people that attended lowton last night, there were songs throughout the night that were dedicated to Pomma, and the floor filled and a superb round of applause at the end of every song that was played for him, i know that pomma would have been as supportive as you all were so thank you again, it was emotional to say the least.

Roger and Sean (wolverhampton)

Edited by roger H
Social source share

We would just like to say a massive heartfelt thank you to all the people that attended lowton last night, there were songs throughout the night that were dedicated to Pomma, and the floor filled and a superb round of applause at the end of every song that was played for him, i know that pomma would have been as supportive as you all were so thank you again, it was emotional to say the least.

Roger and Sean (wolverhampton)

He was there with you guys as he was with us at Broad lane - and will always be

Wulfie

Social source share

He was there with you guys as he was with us at Broad lane - and will always be

Wulfie

Yes dad, lots of records played in robs honour, rob once complained to me that D.J.`s didnt ever play what he`d requested, although l`m sure some did. Well mate they did lastnight, and like at lowton after every 1 played 4 rob was followed with heartfelt applause, and rightly so.

love to robs family xxx

Sandi xxxxx

Social source share

WITH DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO ROB'S FAMILY

ONCE MORE, WE HAVE LOST A DEAR FRIEND,

ONCE AGAIN WE ASK WHY.

R.I.P POMA. WE WILL MISS YOU.

ALWAYS IN OUR HEART

SWOZ AND JAN

Social source share

Guest toffee lady

Thanks Tim,

Robs family have asked me to post the funeral arrangements on SS when confirmed. Although provisionally made for next Thurs, 20th, should be confirmed tomorrow.

Sean

Hi Sean,

Using Janettes log in.

As I told you today I will not be able to attend Rob's funeral on Thursday due to unforseen work

comittments.

I am not happy about it at all.

My thoughts will be with Robs friends and family and of course the great man himself.

See you soon Sean and say hello to your friends that I met at Lowton.

Kev McCue

Social source share

Well we went and paid our respects to our very dear soulmate Poma (R.I.P).........but somehow it still seems so surreal............but we know that where ever we go come the weekend he will be there with us for sure ~ keeping the faith ~ as always.

You,ll be forever in our hearts Poma.

Helen & Martin xxxxx

Social source share

just got home

how many tears have i shed since leaving tonight, a perfect tribute to pom

so nice to see the wolvo "crew" of 79 and the rest

a part of my life has gone but never forgotten.

take care of your friend they wont be around forever

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

already said my piece.....just a thought we should all enjoy the allnighters we go to like POMMA did.....his death is a stark reminder of our own mortality. that few hours we spend during the night hearing the great music we all love are special so for his sake....enjoy while we can

tezza

Social source share

just got home

IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE A MASSIVE TURN OUT TO PAY OUR RESPECTS TO A FELLOW SOULIE & A GOOD FRIEND TO US ALL!! THIS AFTERNOON I FELT A BIT HOLLOW & VERY LOW AT THIS LOSS! AS I KNOW A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WILL! DEAR DEPARTED POMMA!! REST IN PEACE MATE! THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A BIT OF YOU WITH US!

MAX..

Social source share

just got home

well said tim, service was fantastic, the old wolves crew giving a fitting tribute to such a nice lad, was good to see so many old faces that used to congrigate at high level every saturday nite, before that venture up north. thanks to sean, be strong mate...................................

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert