Pomma - Wolverhampton Sad News

Pomma - a well known face around the West Midlands who graced most of the local venues as well as travelling the length and breadth of the country enjoying this music of ours has left us.

Although I knew him only as an aquaintance and brother in soul , he always made time for a word, laugh and joke whenever we met. He welcomed Annie and I without reservation when we moved back here and I never heard him say a bad word about anyone - probably because he was always on the dance floor sweating cobs !

Our thoughts go out to Bev and friends and family

Rest in peace mate

Wulfie and Annie

Social source share

• Replies 89
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Phil Richards

Really sorry to hear this, Pomma was a great person who always took the time to say hello.

RIP Mate............

Phil & Suzy

Social source share

LOUISE AND MYSELF ARE ABSOLUTELY GUTTED TO HEAR OF THIS NEWS I'D SPOKEN TO DAVE RIMMER EARLIER AND HE SAID HE HAD HEARD SOMETHING ,BUT NOT 100%.POMMA ALWAYS HAD TIME FOR EVERYONE,AND WAS A TRUE SOUL ADDICT.IT WAS A REAL PLEASURE TO HAVE KNOWN THIS MAN,AND HE WILL BE DEARLY MISSED.OUR DEEPEST WISHES TO ALL HIS FAMILY ON SUCH A SAD DAY.

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Heard the news this morning and I had hopped I had been misinformed, top lad who just loved to dance.

rest easy kidda

Chris W.

med_gallery_5897_1179_643323.jpg

Edited by Chris Waterman
Social source share

Got the news this morning sad sad loss.

Ken & Claude

also told the sad news this morning, it's so hard to come to terms with

one of the nice guy's always had time for a chat if he wasn't dancing

my thoughts go out to all his family & friends

gonna miss you pomma mate

max...

Social source share

Guest Dawnie

Can't believe this has happened ~ I saw him last month at the Connaught his usual friendly self as always ~ I've always looked on him as little pomma after being in the same class at school as his elder brother John ~ to say I'm gutted is an understatement ~ such a friendly lad and I've missed him coming through the door tonight saying "alright cocker" spoke to some of his schoolmates tonight ~ they are in a state of disbelief and also asking Why!!!

Our deeepest sympathy to his family

Rest in peace lil pomma

Luv Dawnie & Craig xx

Social source share

Guest toffee lady

Was told the sad news last night by Kev McCue, our condolenses go out to his family

met him at Prestatyn 3 years ago, saw him recently at Lowton and only last Saturday at Prestatyn

lovely guy, such a shame

Janette n Kev

Social source share

Guest ang b

i dont know this guy well i dont think i do? but my thoughts are with his family & freinds at this bad time, if he was at prestatyn , has he not been well or was it sudden?

Social source share

GUTTED! A true gentleman,soulman and a fantastic mate.

An honour to have known such a man.Things sometimes are taken for granted.

The laughs the music but people are unique,each and every one different.

With knowing Pom,i can honestly reflect and say,what a priviledge it has been for me,

and think myself very fortunate and richer in life for knowing him.

He has definately touched the hearts and souls of many people.

The scene will be a lonlier place now,theres a void that can never be filled,

nor do we want it to!

Goodnite God Bless Mate!

Mike Cog

Social source share

With knowing Pom,i can honestly reflect and say,what a priviledge it has been for me,

nor do we want it to!

Goodnite God Bless Mate!

Mike Cog

===========

always danced to my spots during the last hour at the Marrs Bar Allniter..

gr8 soulie and real loss

so sad with him being so young!

rip mate

regards

mark

Social source share

nor do we want it to!

Goodnite God Bless Mate!

Mike Cog

===========

always danced to my spots during the last hour at the Marrs Bar Allniter..

gr8 soulie and real loss

so sad with him being so young!

rip mate

regards

mark

Social source share

Guest tradey

This is the hardest reply that me and ade could ever write, heard the news, and could not believe it, the nicest, kindest, funniest person you could ever want to meet. had so many good times with pomma, at the services, on our way back from numerous nighters, taking the piss out of poor scotty, but all in the nicest possible way. never stopped laughing at his quick witt, truly will be missed by us. rest in peace mate, keep the faith where ever you are. never stop dancin. trace & ade xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heaven has truly got a angel.

Social source share

Guest Soultown andy

Will be very sadly missed by everyone at soultown our sincere condolences to his family a real nice guy cant put it into words.

Social source share

Shocked and saddened to hear such awful news about Pomma. Only chatted to him last Sat as he was chilling at Prestatyn, nice guy and always had time to say hi, when he wasn't dancing.

Sadly missed, our thoughts go out to his family

Kaz & Kit

Social source share

Guest soulgirlie

Can't believe I'm reading this , I didnt really know him but we were sat chatting on the sofa's in the house room last Saturday and he seemed so well. He always , always made the effort to come and watch Jamie playing ..I feel so sad.

Deepest condolances to all his family and friends ...so, so tragic.

Lin

Social source share

Guest shaunthesheep

We were so shocked when we heard the news that Pomma had gone. A truly nice guy. RIP pomma. You will be missed by all that knew you. God bless. Taf & Jane

Edited by shaunthesheep
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

used to see this fella on everyones photos...then I walked into the toilets at burnley the last time it was on and there he was.Had a bit of a laugh and joke with him about always seeing him on S/S,my one and only chat with him ever.....when he went home he made a point of coming over to say goodbye.Nice fella......very sad one day here ,one day not.....R.I.P

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

gave you a hug on sat at prestatyn , didnt realize it would be the last one r i p linda hayes-farrington

Social source share

This is very hard to even contemplate, so soon after the news, and i'm sure that in a few days i'll be able to say more.

I met Rob in the late 70's when as a lad he and Sean started to come to Wigan with Sandi, he was ever present at local venues, The Cleveland and the Cavendish etc....

Poma was a bit of a lad then, but you couldn't help but love the kid

When in later times we renewed our friendship i like to think we became close, he has stayed in my home many times and always was greatful and respectful of me n the kids....a true gent

We had had many laughs and a few tears along the way and i can honestly say....i loved you mate

REST IN PEACE MATE, I'LL MISS YOU, AND YOUR CHEEKY COMMENTS, AND OBSERVATIONS, DELIVERED IN TRUE WILLENHALL STYLE

My thoughts go out to the family and loved ones, Sandi and i are here if you want to chat

Paul Harpin Harpo xxxxx

post-5897-1205055532_thumb.jpg

Social source share

It`s really hard for me to come to terms with understanding why Rob took such desparate action, all l know is he must of felt there were no answers other than that to solve his problems,he must of felt hopelessness, and worthlessness, no way out, such a waste of human life, and so tragic for the people he left behind, having so many questions unanswered. WHY??????????????????????

I`ve known Rob since he was a kid of 15, l met him through my old time and good friend Sean Hayden, l was a few years older than Rob and Sean and l sort of adopted the both of them and took them under my wing. We were like the three Muskerteers , went everywhere together.

Paul(Harpo) and l got the news on thursday evening when Paul had a fone call,

dont ask me how l knew, but at that moment l knew Poma was dead.

I could`nt believe it, l did`nt want to believe it, l broke my heart that night, did`nt think l`d ever stop crying, on fri l went through every emotion, and still like many other people are asking that inevitable question, again WHY??????????????????

Put a brave face on and went to the allnighter at Bishops Wood lastnight, Col Kidson made the announcement and said some lovely things for Poma, there was a very respectful minutes silence payed and you could of heard a pin drop not to mention me crying,it`s just so unbelievable.

" Poma the ellusive pimple" my pet name for him, we seek him here, we seek him there, good friends of his will know exactly what l mean.

Think we know where you are now mate, he will be the newest, brightest, star shining in the nights sky.

Rob l`ll never understand why, l`m sorry if l fail to reach you, l tried my hardest, but it was like you were listening but not truely hearing me, lwish l could of done more mate, yet the truth is , l dont think anyone could reach you, you were like a little boy lost looking for direction and not finding it....

I love you Rob, l hope you have found peace now.

I miss you and your cheek.

My love and thoughts go out to Robs family,loved ones and friends old and new.

GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS, SLEEP TIGHT SWEETHEART XX

LOVE SANDI XXXXXX

Social source share

It`s really hard for me to come to terms with understanding why Rob took such desparate action, all l know is he must of felt there were no answers other than that to solve his problems,he must of felt hopelessness, and worthlessness, no way out, such a waste of human life, and so tragic for the people he left behind, having so many questions unanswered. WHY??????????????????????

I`ve known Rob since he was a kid of 15, l met him through my old time and good friend Sean Hayden, l was a few years older than Rob and Sean and l sort of adopted the both of them and took them under my wing. We were like the three Muskerteers , went everywhere together.

I could`nt believe it, l did`nt want to believe it, l broke my heart that night, did`nt think l`d ever stop crying, on fri l went through every emotion, and still like many other people are asking that inevitable question, again WHY??????????????????

Put a brave face on and went to the allnighter at Bishops Wood lastnight, Col Kidson made the announcement and said some lovely things for Poma, there was a very respectful minutes silence payed and you could of heard a pin drop not to mention me crying,it`s just so unbelievable.

" Poma the ellusive pimple" my pet name for him, we seek him here, we seek him there, good friends of his will know exactly what l mean.

Think we know where you are now mate, he will be the newest, brightest, star shining in the nights sky.

Rob l`ll never understand why, l`m sorry if l fail to reach you, l tried my hardest, but it was like you were listening but not truely hearing me, lwish l could of done more mate, yet the truth is , l dont think anyone could reach you, you were like a little boy lost looking for direction and not finding it....

LOVE SANDI XXXXXX

=========

this is so sad....lovely words sandi....regards mark

Social source share

Guest roger H

POMMA was a good mate and i had the pleasure of knowing him for about 28 years, he had time for everyone, i was with him in winsford a couple of weeks ago and had a great time, going back in time to when we all used to meet at alberts in wolverhampton to sort out where we was going, (Some years ago now) but we would all be there sean haydon, drippin, harpo, the twins, dave hulme,steve morgan,sandy,crispy,rob and loads of others and then the venue "Alberts" the wine bar in the Vic hotel, brings back such memories, "Crazy climber" the best arcade game in the world according to sean and me, then round to peps to see what records he had dug up from the basement of his shop, Drinking in the cleve and the neachells and selling me a dodgy Pringle jumper, he really was one in a million nobody knows how much you miss someone until they have gone, it was an honour to have had him as a friend (exept for the pringle incident but we were still mates after i got my refund) he touched so many peoples hearts, my thoughts are with his family at this sad time, GOD BLESS YOU POMMA our loss is gods gain........MAD ROGER (east park)

Social source share

Well we had the pleasure of knowing you Pomma for about the last two and a half years......of being back on the scene. Practically everywhere we went you would be there......so its going to be tough to have to come to terms with the fact, that we are not going to see your smiling face anymore!! Or see you giving it some on the dancefloor, my god we are gonna miss you so much!!

Why did you have to go and do that??????????????? :shades:

RIP Sweetheart xxx

Helen,Martin,Daniel,Gemma,Laura

Social source share

Guest toffee lady

Not registered with soul source so using Janettes.

Since Mike Cog told me of the very sad news can't get Pommas face out of my mind, like many others I suppose.

Saw him on Saturday at Prestatyn with his usual happy face.

Feel gutted that we are now missing such a popular character.

What a dancer as well !!!

Thoughts are with his friends and family and lit a candle for him at church this morning.

God bless Pomma

Kev McCue

Social source share

Guest ang b

Dont recognise pomma but i feel for his family & his good freinds on here that have said some lovely things thats reduced me to tears, i feel so sad for the guy that he felt the way he must of felt,

Gods dance floor has some great soulies up there,

R.I.P xx

Social source share

LOVE SANDI XXXXXX

Social source share

Well Poma me'darlin' you're certainly going to be missed, thats for sure.

If only you had known it.

To everyone who loved Poma love and see Bev. through this, and never miss the opportunity to show each other you love and care before it's too late.

See you again me'darlin' show 'em what heaven is like....bye for now xxx

Social source share

I have just heard about this terible news. Pomma was a regular at Burnley, and one of the children of the night. Always on the dance floor enjoying the music, and a real nice guy. He will be very sadly missed by all at Burnley......Our thoughts go out to his family. R.I.P.

Phil Kowalski

Social source share

I only found out about this dreadful news whilst at work last night....Like anyone who knew him this sad news has left me devastated....We used to shed bucket loads of sweat together back in the days of Sherridans.....I remember the time we first met....I'd never spoken a word to him before when he approached me on the dance floor mid sweat... and offered me a share of his bottle of water....i mentioned that to him just the other week...he grabbed my hand and just smiled....that to me tells me what type of person he was....A very very sad loss indeed. My sincere thoughts go out to his family and close friends...Peace be with you my dancing friend....Your friend....Karl Heard.

Edited by quinvy
Social source share

nor do we want it to!

Goodnite God Bless Mate!

Mike Cog

Winsford will never be the same without you Pomma. Brings back so many memories of my brother. Godbless you mate. Your in a better place. Its hard trying to type through tears.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert