Valuation - Emanuel Lasky I'd Rather Leave On My Feet

Johnnyf

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What's the Fourth Day's version worth these days ?

Ike Noble ?

Any other versions ?

Clyde Milton too (on Disco-Tac), who wrote it. Seems to be lauded as 'the best' version for some reason - can't hear it meself, seems lacking in punch and a bit weak and not as well put together as the Laskey. :D Laskey's version's the one (imo, of course :D )

Social source share

Agree with Sepias valuation of Emanuel Laskey, As I got one for £200 last year, but only paid £40 for the 4th day version so the ebay price is surprising...

could have been Andy's last list or one befoer, listed 4th Day I think for £40. Over £100 a bit much :D

Social source share

as well as the others i've also got the "magnificents" version on DT, which i think is quite a hard one to track down. some one once told me that theres a good version of this on a lp, but can't remember artist, title, label; anyone know of this version ?

Social source share

could have been Andy's last list or one befoer, listed 4th Day I think for £40. Over £100 a bit much :lol:

It did seem a silly amount :lol: I'd been after one since I heard it on one of the refosoul radio shows - Johnny Timlin on Eddy Pilar's show I think.

Anyway, I missed one for around $60 then got a VG+ one for $70+ which now looks like too much, I was watching the one I saw go for over a ton (pounds) cos it was mint, but it went all silly in the last few moments ( like they do!) so my snipe bid was well beaten.

Can't find it now, isn't showing on popsike and doesn't turn up on an eBay completed items search and must be too old for my previous snipes list. Maybe I imagined it all :lol:

Edited by paultp
Social source share

saw a magnificents for £100 a week or so ago.slower version i think.

silver e/laskey harder to get,but has a funny organ sound all the way through.

we had a few 4th days up our way,they sold for £50/60.

imho the green emanuel laskey is the best,love playing the extended disco version on b-side.same as a-side but has a few min inst break in the middle.

Social source share

saw a magnificents for £100 a week or so ago.slower version i think.

silver e/laskey harder to get,but has a funny organ sound all the way through.

we had a few 4th days up our way,they sold for £50/60.

imho the green emanuel laskey is the best,love playing the extended disco version on b-side.same as a-side but has a few min inst break in the middle.

Seen the fourth day go for £150 before xmas (japanese seller)

and then £100 just after that and about 2weeks back £78 on craig moerer auction!

Top Dog had a magnificents on new site for £120 last week.

Both different vocally so would'nt like to compare all 4(if that makes sense????)

Would personally prefer Clyde Milton over Emanuel Laskey

and Fourth day over magnificents

Only my opinion of course

But then i don't go for price/rarity over quality of chooooooooooooon :D

Oh and for the record i have had chance of all 4 at good prices,

but only ever plumped for Fourth Day-you turn me on

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!