Been Collecting On And Off

rare vinyl for 35 years, had some nice bits over the years however what still gives me a great thrill is when I hear something for the first time that just blows me away, then to find its a tenner gives me a reall good feeling.

To then have it arrive as it did today and be able to hear ALL the record not a soundclip at full volume has give me feeling a kin to a medical rush.

A few weeks ago I spent a four figure sum on a Detroit piece the record that has landed this morning has given me more satisfaction... :unsure:

Anyone got a soundfile you could share with everyone else as I don't have the equipment

"ladies and gentleman on Parkway Record the very brilliant Chubby Checker with The Weekends here"

I'm probably now going to find out I'm the only person in the world who has never heard it :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bogue

rare vinyl for 35 years, had some nice bits over the years however what still gives me a great thrill is when I hear something for the first time that just blows me away, then to find its a tenner gives me a reall good feeling.

To then have it arrive as it did today and be able to hear ALL the record not a soundclip at full volume has give me feeling a kin to a medical rush.

A few weeks ago I spent a four figure sum on a Detroit piece the record that has landed this morning has given me more satisfaction... :(

Anyone got a soundfile you could share with everyone else as I don't have the equipment

"ladies and gentleman on Parkway Record the very brilliant Chubby Checker with The Weekends here"

I'm probably now going to find out I'm the only person in the world who has never heard it :ohmy:

I'm with you Paul :unsure: Cracking oldie ! I picked up a M- demo with just the tiniest bit of writing on from Craig Moerer last October for a mere $12, the exchange rate was over £2 then so that's less than £6 !!!

Well worth every penny !!

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

A few weeks ago I spent a four figure sum on a Detroit piece the record that has landed this morning has given me more satisfaction... :D

I'm probably now going to find out I'm the only person in the world who has never heard it :shades:

I hadnt heard it till you blasted it over the phone mate,now you have it and its only cost you :lol: a tenner you can tell everyone that its one of Sams big cover ups wink.gif Whatch the price rocket

Social source share

Sounds good Paul, don't recall having heard it before myself. You bringing it along in May, small room big volume!!

Agree with the sentiment too. I'm not able to justify affording four figure records so have retreated to the happy place of searching for affordable quality. Kev and I were joking at the weekender that some in my box just might be rare, we don't know 'cos nobody else is looking for 'em! Happiness still comes in 7".

Look forward to seeing you soon, Dean.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert