Prestatyn 2008 - The Live Acts

I got a decent new camera last month and played with the video function on Saturday night.

Obviously they were a bit amateurishlingly taken, but I think the magic is still captured.

Here's the first one (more to come over next few days, if anybody wants them) and I hope ohers upload theirs too.

If my efforts to upload fail, then

m

&">
Social source share

• Replies 42
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Pete Griffin

I got a decent new camera last month and played with the video function on Saturday night.

Obviously they were a bit amateurishlingly taken, but I think the magic is still captured.

Here's the first one (more to come over next few days, if anybody wants them) and I hope ohers upload theirs too.

m

&">

Social source share

m

&">

Social source share

m

&">

Social source share

You lot are easily pleased, the camera work is the best thing about it, I mean would you pay good money to see a performance like that? You'd see better down the working mens club. And as for that band...

easy .... get down the working mens club then ..... Sorted ! :ohmy::lol::lol: i was there and it was awsome ! think the scousers there, would have had one word for you and it would begin with T end in T and include a W and an A :lol:

Social source share

easy .... get down the working mens club then ..... Sorted ! :ohmy::lol::lol: i was there and it was awsome ! think the scousers there, would have had one word for you and it would begin with T end in T and include a W and an A :lol:

what the f*ck have Scousers got to do with anything, they can barely speak anyway, how can you watch that clip and tell me that it's great, it's just embarrassing - one of the blokes forgets what he's doing in mid song, the other does a terrible cheesy spoken bit - how is this awesome?

If you enjoyed it, great , but to someone who didn't go, if you look at that clip surely you'd be glad you didn't..

Social source share

what the f*ck have Scousers got to do with anything, they can barely speak anyway, how can you watch that clip and tell me that it's great, it's just embarrassing - one of the blokes forgets what he's doing in mid song, the other does a terrible cheesy spoken bit - how is this awesome?

If you enjoyed it, great , but to someone who didn't go, if you look at that clip surely you'd be glad you didn't..

read the post it's what scoucers would have called you ! ..... i went and they were AWSOME ! :ohmy: .... and it's great to see it on SS so quick .... stop being so neg on soooooo many threads :lol:

you missed out .... your loss

Edited by CAMBRIDGE SOUL
Social source share

Guest lolmil

You lot are easily pleased, the camera work is the best thing about it, I mean would you pay good money to see a performance like that? You'd see better down the working mens club. And as for that band...

I know you are only after a bit of a controversial thread but for fxxk's sake Mr. Smith get off your horse and stop knocking something that unless your were there in person you just would not appreciate.

Loll

Social source share

I know you are only after a bit of a controversial thread but for fxxk's sake Mr. Smith get off your horse and stop knocking something that unless your were there in person you just would not appreciate.

Loll

I needed to be there to see it's shite?

Social source share

Guest rachel

Right, I think that's enough off-topic bickering... :P Comments on the videos/ acts good, comments on each other bad :D

Social source share

I needed to be there to see it's shite?

Pete dear.

You can think what you want - free world and all that.

But please don't bother continuing in this thread, as you won't like the rest either.

I'll upload 5 more videos if that's ok with everyone else. I took a few more, but the earlier ones were taken from the stage side or next to the left speaker - so the sound or pictures were badly muffled. These videos are taken with a camera (not video), so the sound isn't as good as the night.

It's hard keeping both hands up for that long :P so forgive a few shakes.

I hope others have some more to upload.

m

Social source share

Guest livisoul

I think poor Gloria had a sore throat, but here's 36 seconds to give you a bit of the flavour.

GLORIA JONES - COME GO WITH ME

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

This is the last one I'll probably upload. Unfortunately, a minute into this track - my phone stopped with "memory card full"!

Part of THE PRECISIONS - SUCH MISERY below

As I said, I hope others upload theirs too, coz I'd like to see them later.

But for now - I better get some real work done :unsure: .

m

">
Social source share

m

&">

Social source share

Probably the same as the people listed below That you mentioned in a previous Prestatyn thread.

• Todd Rundgren.
  • Paul Mc Cartney.
  • Toots Hibbert.
  • "Lead Singer of Stiff little fingers"

Regards Ritchie. g.gif

Read it again and try to understand the point, I did write it in English to make it easier for you to understand.

Social source share

The crucial bit of what you just said was in the last line mate, "but to someone who didn't go"

You weren't there, that small clip isn't of the best sound quality,granted the video only gives you a small snippet of the del-larks. But there were at least 2000 people stood in that room and the atmosphere was electric, and the band were totally professional and did a very authentic job of all the songs performed on the night.

I'm glad you didn't go!!

Social source share

I'm glad you didn't go!!

God, it gets more and more pathetic. You're glad I didn't go. Fine. So am I.

You liked it, that's great, I watched the clip, I thought it was rubbish, that's my opinion. What is your problem with me having an opinion on something thats been posted up for people to watch?

Social source share

God, it gets more and more pathetic. You're glad I didn't go. Fine. So am I.

You liked it, that's great, I watched the clip, I thought it was rubbish, that's my opinion. What is your problem with me having an opinion on something thats been posted up for people to watch?

So Why didn't you just say "I didn't like it" and leave it like that? instead of being venomous about it, I thought you were a soul fan? or maybe you are only a record dealer these days,

you can't help yourself can you?

Social source share

Guest Ranger

Thanks for posting these Lin.

All the modern room acts were great this year. Wade O Brown was the best act they've had in there since Ann Nesby.

I'd have loved to have seen Afro Elements perform infront of an evening crowd, they'd have gome down a storm. I hope they have them back and give them a decent slot.

You haven't got a clip of Melodious Hearts from the Saturday afternnon session have you? No-one seems to be mentioning them but I thought they were exceptional.

Kev

Social source share

Guest soulgirlie

You haven't got a clip of Melodious Hearts from the Saturday afternnon session have you? No-one seems to be mentioning them but I thought they were exceptional.

Kev

Kev , don't even mention it ..I'm gutted that I missed them ,I didnt even know they were on and I legged it straight after Pete Simpson because Jamie was opening the House of Soul @ 8.00 and I rushed off to get ready in case there was no one in for him ..I heard they were brilliant as well ..sorry mate :D

Lin

www.myspace.com/linsoulunderground

Social source share

Guest soulgirlie

liked your post Prestatyn Blog on youtube, made me laugh loads!! (didn't know girls farted!!!)

regards

Neil

You're wecome with the vids Neil , you missed a real treat with Pete and Afro Elements ...cant take credit for the blog I think its The Soul Girl ..(different person )

Lin

www.myspace.com/linsoulunderground

Social source share

A few clips from the modern live acts :

Thanks Lin.

I'm generally afraid of the modern acts in case they get too electronic or house-ie for me, but these unknown acts to me were quite mild (...nice jazzy percussion number by Pete Simpson but my favourite was definitely Afro Elements with Cherrie - wish I'd seen them now)

I'm now chasing anybody who may have taken videos of the main room live acts to please PM me :shades: .

This post >> CLICK HERE << will explain why.

m

Social source share

Probably the same as the people listed below That you mentioned in a previous Prestatyn thread.

• Todd Rundgren.
  • Paul Mc Cartney.
  • Toots Hibbert.
  • "Lead Singer of Stiff little fingers"

Regards Ritchie. :thumbup:

Hey anyone who knows about Todd Rundgren would be well advised to show some respect- Probably one of the greatest musicians and writers of all time wink.gif

Social source share

Guest soulgirlie

Thanks Lin.

I'm generally afraid of the modern acts in case they get too electronic or house-ie for me, but these unknown acts to me were quite mild (...nice jazzy percussion number by Pete Simpson but my favourite was definitely Afro Elements with Cherrie - wish I'd seen them now)

m

Maria , nothing to be afraid of ..they are just the soul and jazz artists of today trying to do exactly why the acts in the main room were doing in their prime all those years ago ,I thank God for them because they are the lifeblood of soul music today .

I think Fish really was inspired in his choices this year , they were so diverse and my vids no way do them any justice what so ever . Wade O'Brown was awesome a great vocalist and a great performer/showman as well ..Pete Simpson was just sublime , he just blew me away with his sweetness and raw effortless vocal style , so gifted!! ..Afro Elements ...consumate musicianship , their artistry was in a league of its own and the latter two are homegrown talent ..something to be very proud of ...you'd have loved them all and each of them would have given you a different feeling and memory to take away ..I dont know how he will top that line up to be honest .

Anyway you , how are you ..I havent seen you since Albrighton , you lovely lady ,nice to catch up albeit briefly.

take care

Lin

xx

Social source share

m

&">

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert