Joey Gilmore - 'do It To Me One More Time' - Saadia

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest stromberg

after a copy of this, if anyone can help email me soulinvc [AT]ntlworld.com please state price and condition

Hi Val,,

I've a copy on the Phl LA of Soul label for sale,

if you should be interested, just let me know thumbsup.gif

best,

Stefan

Social source share

thanks but I have a demo of that it's the Saadia release I need :thumbsup:

Nice one Val.

It's better to have and don't need, than to need and don't have.

Thankfully I have it... and his other Saadia 45 - both magnificent!

The flip to "Do It" has been a big fave spin of mine for some years "Somebody Done Took My Baby And Gone". Also have it by Willie 'Little Beaver' Hale and Lee 'Shot' williams... but Joey G's is the don!

Hope you can find one... as quickly as you picked up the Buddy C!

:D

Sean

Social source share

I played through half a dozen Saadia copies at John Anderson's a few years back, and yep they all sounded inferior to the Phil LA Soul release. :lol:

Funny that Cliff, I have both the Phil LA and Saadia issues and I always 'felt' that the Saadia copy was 'down' a bit.

I'll play 'em side by side tonight, now its been mentioned, and see if its really discernable.

Sean

PS: Wonder if JA's still got his half doz copies? :ohmy:

Social source share

Funny that Cliff, I have both the Phil LA and Saadia issues and I always 'felt' that the Saadia copy was 'down' a bit.

I'll play 'em side by side tonight, now its been mentioned, and see if its really discernable.

Sean

PS: Wonder if JA's still got his half doz copies? :ohmy:

It was (quite) a few years back, back in the days when choons were cheap and plentiful at the Bowl. The mix sounded different too, but that may have been because the sound was low :lol:

Look forward to your full report later :lol:

Social source share

It was (quite) a few years back, back in the days when choons were cheap and plentiful at the Bowl. The mix sounded different too, but that may have been because the sound was low g.gif

Look forward to your full report later :lol:

Verdict then, Cliff.

Hardly any discernable difference.... but.... if anything... the Saadia copy is slightly crisper. :ohmy:

Almost as if the Saadia issue has a better 'stereo' feel.... but really, if you Blindfolded me... I wouldn't be able to tell which one was playing on the decks.

In fact... I'm gonna get the Mrs to Blindfold me right now... and I'll report back

...(much) later.

:P

Sean

Social source share

Source Advert