Djr

• Replies 9
  • Views 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I friend of mine recently found the Mary De Loach "Move This Thing" 45 on Arctic, and it says on the label "gospel series".

I'm curious how many Arctic 45s were in the "gospel series".

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quite a few gospel things on the label but not marked as gospel series

Salmon

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

I remember when my good buddy pete Lawson bought a few Arctic 45s many years ago.I taped them like all his sounds over the years and he had a 'carfare back'/billy floyd/temptones/etc the dancers and rarities but I found a lot of the Arctic Gospel series in there as well.

Some nice material as well

I cant recall ever hearing anyone actually talk about this Gospel series.......well then again my swedes well up my wotsit....but I am going to dig them out and see what is in there.

Good old pete

well ahead of his time......the only dissapointment I thought was the jimmy bishop Arctic no1

as I collect philly etc and was drooling when I saw this nice Arctic white demo numero uno by mr bishop.Jeeze anyway it will probably sound great now. :lol:

Social source share

I remember when my good buddy pete Lawson bought a few Arctic 45s many years ago.I taped them like all his sounds over the years and he had a 'carfare back'/billy floyd/temptones/etc the dancers and rarities but I found a lot of the Arctic Gospel series in there as well.

I cant recall ever hearing anyone actually talk about this Gospel series.......well then again my swedes well up my wotsit....but I am going to dig them out and see what is in there.

Good old pete

well ahead of his time......the only dissapointment I thought was the jimmy bishop Arctic no1

as I collect philly etc and was drooling when I saw this nice Arctic white demo numero uno by mr bishop.Jeeze anyway it will probably sound great now. :lol:

Those were mine he bought Mel,it was a complete singles collection when i sold it him,dont fret about the Jimmy Bishop its shite

Salmon

Social source share

Good old pete

hi mel

bought around 8 or 10 of that bunch off pete at the time you as on about , still have he`s writing on the covers lol biggrin.gif happy days

steve T

THINK IM ONLY 2 OR 3 SHORT OF THE ARTICS

SO HERE GOE`S WID GOSPEL ONES

110 LANES RELATIONS- CLEANING UP HERE/EVERYTHING ON EARTH

119 BROCKINGTON CHORALE ENSEMBLE - HOW I GOT OVER PT 01 /PT 2

129 THE LANES RELATIONS - THE BLOOD PART 1/PT 2

132 MARY DE LOACH= MOVE THIS THING PT1 / PT

BEST STEVE T :)

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Those were mine he bought Mel,it was a complete singles collection when i sold it him,dont fret about the Jimmy Bishop its shite

Salmon

See I told you my swede was done in......

Heres another reason why my heads done in.....I taped the herb johnson and had it down in my listings as 'CAREFREE BACK'

Dave Molloy put me right a few months later........My oh my I have had to many late nights methinks arf arf.

cheers

mil err mol no its MEL :lol:

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

hi mel

bought around 8 or 10 of that bunch off pete at the time you as on about , still have he`s writing on the covers lol biggrin.gif happy days

steve T

BEST STEVE T :)

Alright Steve

got a nice collection together there mate......

I had to sell my one-sided blank white copy of 'DOWN BY THE SEASHORE' by Kenny Gamble.Broke my heart and am always pissed of if I have to sell anything.

I am in touch with bobby eli and a few philly artists so can ask about them if you like.

Anyway

mel-aint it baby........arf arf. :lol:

Social source share

hi mel

bought around 8 or 10 of that bunch off pete at the time you as on about , still have he`s writing on the covers lol :lol: happy days

steve T

BEST STEVE T biggrin.gif

Steve if memory serves 160 Royal Five "heaven up here",last release on label

salmon

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source