John And The Weirdest On Ebay Is It Real ?

Guest franky m

Guest franky m

I have just seen this for sale on ebay in with a lot of boots and look a likes , and its getting some serious bids , is it a real copy or a clever repro ? item 270214497240 thanks , franky m

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have a brown vinyl (when held up to the light) one bought many years ago (£15) without that date stamp on the label. My mate Ian has one with the date stamp on the label bought more recently.

Can anyone tell me which came first, the date stamped one or no stamp?

The brown vinyl (when held up to the light) ones' which have sold for expensive amounts have NOT had the label stamp on them.

Mine has superb sound tone and label is quality too. They must be tough to find?

Social source share

I have a brown vinyl (when held up to the light) one bought many years ago (£15) without that date stamp on the label. My mate Ian has one with the date stamp on the label bought more recently.

The brown vinyl (when held up to the light) ones' which have sold for expensive amounts have NOT had the label stamp on them.

Mine has superb sound tone and label is quality too. They must be tough to find?

yeh but 100+ its a F***** joke

Social source share

The date stamp seems remarkably fresh for 1967.

Derek

I have very few US records that have date stamps on them like that, in fact probably hardly any. Some have a date scribbled in normally in rushed handwriting. Love the way someone has done the X X grafitti to make it look like a plug side too whistling.gif Fools and their money etc....

Social source share

they were done at the same time, just a few stamped with date, mate who did them is on here but dunno if he reads much. There's an old discussion about this boot and the story behind them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert