Can Anyone Place These Lyrics?

Guest soul99 easylay

Guest soul99 easylay

A mate has just asked me about a song that they remeber when they were younger, the conversation went like this:

"Years ago, when I was young and used to be taken to holiday to camp sites the length and breath of Yorkshire, I stumbled across a northern soul song and to this day I've never know what it was but i really liked it and I thought you might know. The only bit I remember is: There's a pain in my heart every time I start thinking of the love.....? Don't you think that we should try again, try to love againRepeat....? Any ideas of what it might be?"

Well, I'm buggered if I can think of what it is, as lets face it there's not much to go on, I've got no idea of roughly when "years ago" is, so I can't even try to pin it down to a time when it might have been a big spin.

Anyone got any ideas?? :yes:

There's got to be a chin stroker or two who know who this is?? whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the dukester

A mate has just asked me about a song that they remeber when they were younger, the conversation went like this:

"Years ago, when I was young and used to be taken to holiday to camp sites the length and breath of Yorkshire, I stumbled across a northern soul song and to this day I've never know what it was but i really liked it and I thought you might know. The only bit I remember is: There's a pain in my heart every time I start thinking of the love.....? Don't you think that we should try again, try to love againRepeat....? Any ideas of what it might be?"

Well, I'm buggered if I can think of what it is, as lets face it there's not much to go on, I've got no idea of roughly when "years ago" is, so I can't even try to pin it down to a time when it might have been a big spin.

POPPIES........PAIN IN MY HEART..............A WILD GUESS :D

Social source share

The Poppies - Pain In My Heart - Columbia - Poppy by name...................... :D

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Poppies - theres a pain in my heart - epic

You just beat me to it Mate!!!

Now what about selling me........ DERRICK HARRIOTT - I WONT CRY wink.gif

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

POPPIES........PAIN IN MY HEART..............A WILD GUESS :yes:

Nice one folks thanks, it was indeed some very fast chin scratching! :D

Now, all I have to do is admit that I can't honestly say I ever (knowingly) heard it blush.gif

Social source share

Nice one folks thanks, it was indeed some very fast chin scratching! :D

Now, all I have to do is admit that I can't honestly say I ever (knowingly) heard it :yes:

Have to say I don't recall hearing it out for a long time - but know it well from my youth - where it got hammered to death - still brings back memories of the pre mortgage era though unsure.gif

Wulfie

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

You just beat me to it Mate!!!

Now what about selling me........ DERRICK HARRIOTT - I WONT CRY :D

Fast Pete :yes:

And on the selling front what about selling me.............them playboys Pete thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I've got a copy, I love it, happy memories of 1976, half the people who slag it off don't know what a Northern Soul record is anyway

It reminds me of getting in from town, really drunk, so drunk that I couldn't put my records on the turntable & making my cousin play them for me...

then waking up in the morning, with the records still spread all over the floor and me lying in the middle of em...

memories... :thumbsup:

She's not into northern but can still sing the words to loads of my older collections...

Social source share

I've got a copy, I love it, happy memories of 1976, half the people who slag it off don't know what a Northern Soul record is anyway

Well said Pete. What about Dottie Cambridge Cry Your Eyes Out, and Jeanette Harper Pick Me Up and Put Me In Your Pocket. All big sounds in the seventies. Why dont these records get played anymore?

Social source share

Well said Pete. What about Dottie Cambridge Cry Your Eyes Out, and Jeanette Harper Pick Me Up and Put Me In Your Pocket. All big sounds in the seventies. Why dont these records get played anymore?

People have always tried to pretend things didn't happen but like you say, big sounds and still classics!

Social source share

Dont get played????????????

Have you never been to St Ives Reunion or Stoke?

JH is played on the hour :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert