Guest Trevski

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

Not my cuppa tea, mind you I did have a stone mint copy for about 48 hours and moved it on, quite a rare tune though!

D

link

Now he tell me!!! Cheers Dave! :rolleyes:

PS Cheers for the Manship tip Mark, but it's only a 30second clip! (wants it all, this lad!)

I really like this tune, altho' actually, it's yet another tune for Jo's 'Beach music style' fixation! :D

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Now he tell me!!!  Cheers Dave!  :D

PS Cheers for the Manship tip Mark, but it's only a 30second clip! (wants it all, this lad!)

I really like this tune, altho' actually, it's yet another tune for Jo's 'Beach music style' fixation! ohmy.gif

link

Do you mean Jo's guidance is steering you towards the beach scene, or is it just a cover to justify your like of this particular tune? c'mon T - spill the beans :D

Billy :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Do you mean Jo's guidance is steering you towards the beach scene, or is it just a cover to justify your like of this particular tune? c'mon T - spill the beans :rolleyes:

Billy ohmy.gif

link

Aarrghhh! caught out again :D I have always liked the Carolina sound, and actualy introduced Jo to the 'beach sound' via oldies like the Generation 'hold on' and the Buckinghams. She then really got into the beach type tunes, Main Change 'Sunshine is her way" Greater Experience etc and now looks for anything with a beachy type sound, to the point where she is planning a trip to Carolina next year! Beans spilt!!! :D

Ps still want a soundfile!!

Social source share

Aarrghhh! caught out again :huh: I have always liked the Carolina sound, and actualy introduced Jo to the 'beach sound' via oldies like the Generation 'hold on' and the Buckinghams. She then really got into the beach type tunes, Main Change 'Sunshine is her way" Greater Experience etc and now looks for anything with a beachy type sound, to the point where she is planning a trip to Carolina next year! Beans spilt!!! :shades:

Ps still want a soundfile!!

link

Just bought Generation - crackin tune! Not sure about the Mickey Buckins though. Similar in a way to the Survivors "Good baby", think it's the backing track :huh:

Just listened to a nice beachy sounding track. Give me 5 mins and I'll post it up :shades:

Mark

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Just bought Generation - crackin tune! Not sure about the Mickey Buckins though. Similar in a way to the Survivors "Good baby", think it's the backing track :shades:

Just listened to a nice beachy sounding track. Give me 5 mins and I'll post it up :shades:

Mark

link

Cheers Mark!

I think the Mickey Buckins starts off a bit like "Secret of mine"-lost soul :huh:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Try this mate

Hope it works :shades:

link

Thanks Andy!

soundfile worked great, encoded it to mp3 on my iTunes,complete with label scan, signed by the band!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Cheers Mark!

I think the Mickey Buckins starts off a bit  like "Secret of mine"-lost soul :rolleyes:

link

Dare I say, well i have before so i will again. And do not ask me why, but this reminds me of Deadbeats "No Second Chance"

A certain AndyF i'm sure will agree and if a certain David Flynn were on here he would probalby very politely tell me to clean my ears out lol

If ever i get around to getting a sales box together (as opposed to my old sales envelope) then i will have this out at the weekend in said box. But i got to get around to it first...

Social source share

I realise that this record qualifies as out-and-out swamp pop, but I've always had a soft spot for it. Mickey Buckins wrote many great soul songs with George Jackson which were cut at Fame by Bettye Swann, Willie Hightower, Spencer Wiggins etc.

Social source share

Hey up Trev - must confess its one record Ive never liked - its that spongey bouncy white northern beachy type sound that turns me off. There I've said it go straight to Rome! Luckily for me I got hold of 4 copies whilst in Alabama mid 90s and sold them all off asap. Think I flogged one to Pat Brady for £250 and he probably shifted it off for £500. Touted the others around at the Grifffin allnighters in Leeds.

Its all good fun innit,

derek

The label Norala stands for North Alabama.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert