Value Please

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well as Thorsten is asking about it, it obviously is known by him if nobody else :huh:

I'm going to put it on ebay now as "TWO KNOWN COPIES".

I had googled it and there was youtube video of someone playing the record in a nightclub, so that makes "THREE KNOWN COPIES"

Social source share

I'm going to put it on ebay now as "TWO KNOWN COPIES".

I had googled it and there was youtube video of someone playing the record in a nightclub, so that makes "THREE KNOWN COPIES"

Guess mine's the 4th known then - or maybe not :D ....there was one on ebay a while back, buy it now $400 or something :D- seemed a bit steep. Quite a few people know it, had a want list with it on recently. Mine cost me £20 but it doesn't seem to be all over the place -yet :huh:

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Guess mine's the 4th known then - or maybe not :D ....there was one on ebay a while back, buy it now $400 or something :D - seemed a bit steep. Quite a few people know it, had a want list with it on recently. Mine cost me £20 but it doesn't seem to be all over the place -yet :huh:

Thanks guys!

I just stumbled across the 6th known copy of this listed on Seb´s mp3 mix, very nice by the way. :D

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...mp;#entry687603

Social source share

Thanks guys!

I just stumbled across the 6th known copy of this listed on Seb´s mp3 mix, very nice by the way. :D

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...mp;#entry687603

Glad you enjoyed the mix. :( Yes I've got that 45 as well, seems to be tricky to locate copies of and I payed about $80 for mine a couple of months ago on eBay. Then a couple of weeks later another copy came up and sold for slightly less. Great tune!

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

released in 1971 - Bell 959

also 3 releases on Polydor in 1975 and 1 on Capitol 1968 which may not be the same group.

Edited by john manship
Social source share

released in 1971 - Bell 959

also 3 releases on Polydor in 1975 and 1 on Capitol 1968 which may not be the same group.

The Polydor and Capitol releases were by a country rock group with strong connections to Fleetwood Mac (Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks sang with them for a short while and Fleetwood Mac recorded the Curtis Brothers song "Blue Letter").

The Bell group must, to my ears, be a completely different bunch of people.

Social source share

The Polydor and Capitol releases were by a country rock group with strong connections to Fleetwood Mac (Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks sang with them for a short while and Fleetwood Mac recorded the Curtis Brothers song "Blue Letter").

The Bell group must, to my ears, be a completely different bunch of people.

Groups often change their styles completely but I had a feeling they not be the same guys. Only way to really tell is try and match up some writers or producers off the Polydor & Bell releases.. if there's no match then, as you say, it's most probably not the same guys.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert