Hey Mr.d.j. Play My Requests

How many times have you wanted to ask for a record to be played, you don't want to upset the d.j but you just want to hear your favourite tunes to liven up your evening..............heres a few I would request:

Dana Valery - You Babe

Harold Melvin & The BlueNotes - Tell Me Why

Main Ingredient - Have You Ever Tried It/ Looks Like Rain/Evening of Love

Barrett Strong - Is It True

General Johnson - Don't Walk Away

Zoom - Love Seasons

Ron Henderson & Choice of Colours - Your Love

:rolleyes:

what would you request?

Social source share

• Replies 123
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest dodger

How many times have you wanted to ask for a record to be played, you don't want to upset the d.j but you just want to hear your favourite tunes to liven up your evening..............heres a few I would request:

Dana Valery - You Babe

Harold Melvin & The BlueNotes - Tell Me Why

Main Ingredient - Have You Ever Tried It/ Looks Like Rain/Evening of Love

Barrett Strong - Is It True

General Johnson - Don't Walk Away

Zoom - Love Seasons

Ron Henderson & Choice of Colours - Your Love

what would you request?

link

All nice tunes, but I don't think Zoom "Love Seasons" would exactly fill the floor at a northern soul night!!! :rolleyes:

Social source share

All nice tunes, but I don't think Zoom "Love Seasons" would exactly fill the floor at a northern soul night!!!  :D

link

nope, not a northern room, but a modern room would be fine :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Out of interest, when people request records do they base them on what they think the DJ will actually have in his or her record box? Quite a few times I've been asked to play a record that I don't even keep in my front room, let alone take out in the playbox, and got grief about not having it with me. Do people really expect a DJ to turn up with Right Track, Out On The Floor and such like in case someone requests it?

Personal favourite was someone asking for anything by Edwin Starr twice, then giving me a bollocking when I was playing one side or other from Mellow/My Kinda Woman, for not playing any Edwin Starr records. :rolleyes: Please be reasonable! :D

Edited by Stuart T
Social source share

Guest dodger

nope, not a northern room, but a modern room would be fine :D

link

Don't think it'd fill any kind of dancefloor to be honest, but still a great tune. :rolleyes:

Social source share

I was DJing in Birmingham last night at a Northern Soul night (Surprisingly :D ) when someone came and asked...........

"Can you play something not so Northern ? "

I asked like what, she said "Some Blues"

Now whilst I love listening to Blues occasionally at home, I tend not to carry any in my DJ box, so I patiently explained that it was a Northern Soul night, that's why I was playing Northern Soul. The charming lady said "Yes, but can you play something not so Northern"

"NO" :angry:

In the past I've been asked if I had anything by The Beatles, but the best I've heard was when Chris Anderton was aksed "Can you play some Northern Soul ?" halfway through his spot :D:Dblush.gif:D:P:D:P

Social source share

For some obscure reason I've been asked to play "Shattered Glass" a few times. I still haven't worked it out!

DJ's should take a few nailed-on records like Right Track. I'd never leave home without it. And DJ's should remember that it's the people who exercise their choice by paying to come into venues who are the important ones. I've seen so-called DJ's turn up at venues where it's clearly oldies all the way, play an hour of obscure R&B or whatever to please themselves then moan about how the crowd is a bunch of idiots.

That's not DJing.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

How old? 36 if its any business of yours. Although I still look only 21 in the mirror. Now that my eye sight is going and the bulb in the bathroom has blown. Too young for my opinion to be worthwhile in your book?

You're welcome to it.

Edited by Stuart T
Social source share

Worse one is when people ask for a record and you tell them you don't know it, and they say oh you must know it, its off that Cd "for Millonaires only volume --"..

Or even when they sing it to you.. thats always quite funny..

"excusse me have you got BLAH BLAH BLAH"

"No Sorry"

"You must have it goes like this,.... something something Love you Baby, something something..... Oh you know it, go on you must know it it's a classic."

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

For some obscure reason I've been asked to play "Shattered Glass" a few times. I still haven't worked it out!

DJ's should take a few nailed-on records like Right Track. I'd never leave home without it. And DJ's should remember that it's the people who exercise their choice by paying to come into venues who are the important ones. I've seen so-called DJ's turn up at venues where it's clearly oldies all the way, play an hour of obscure R&B or whatever to please themselves then moan about how the crowd is a bunch of idiots.

That's not DJing.

link

Agreed on the last point, if they don't want to play that sort of gig then they shouldn't take the booking. But sometimes people turn up at nights with unrealistic expectations that every DJ is there to play a stack of oldies all night.

Social source share

Agreed on the last point, if they don't want to play that sort of gig then they shouldn't take the booking.  But sometimes people turn up at nights with unrealistic expectations that every DJ is there to play a stack of oldies all night.

link

Yes that's true but there are alleged DJ's who think that they are going to "educate" people all night long. I like to hear something different but I get hacked off when someplays some old garbage just because it's rare when it's glaringly obvious that the punters aren't interested. For example R&B isn't my preference but if a DJ slips a few in afir enough, lots of people like it. But if he plays a full hour of R&B I get bored. Others will feel the same about other genres.

If you send the people away happy the promoter will be happier than if you play obscurities all night and the regulars are all moaning to the promoter on the way out. I know DJ's who have taken bookings knowing what the venue is like and set out with the absolute intention of playing an hour that it's obvious won't be appreciated by the people at the do.

A good DJ should have a mix of records in his box and a good promoter should know which DJ's will keep his venue happy.

Of course there are too many amateurs who think they are DJ's and/or promoters.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Of course there are too many amateurs who think they are DJ's and/or promoters.

link

Would you kindly expand on your last sentence. I was happily nodding away agreeing with what you had said, then read the last sentence.

What or who was that aimed at?

I'm not having a pop, just interested in what you define as 'amateur'

Thanks,

Jamie :rolleyes:

Social source share

I was DJing in Birmingham last night at a Northern Soul night (Surprisingly  ohmy.gif ) when someone came and asked...........

Now whilst I love listening to Blues occasionally at home, I tend not to carry any in my DJ box, so I patiently explained that it was a Northern Soul night, that's why I was playing Northern Soul. The charming lady said "Yes, but can you play something not so Northern"

In the past I've been asked if I had anything by The Beatles, but the best I've heard was when Chris Anderton was aksed "Can you play some Northern Soul ?" halfway through his spot  :rolleyes:   :D   :D  

link

Dave your a big man, couldn't you just drop someone with a haymaker next time...... :D : (just joking people.thats what the icons are for) :P

Social source share

As a punter/dancer could the DJ`s on here tell me what their preference is when we ask for a request.

Are we more likely to get it played if we hand over a piece of paper with it written on or do you prefer the old fashioned method of shouting in your ear over the music.

If written requests are better perhaps someone could draw up a standard form that we could all download, print off and fill in the blanks for our particular favourite.

There could be different colour request forms for oldies, modern, r&b etc and any request not submitted on the correct form would be disqualified and the offender banned from making requests for the rest of the night.

We could have a national committee to oversee the whole project and evaluate the effectiveness of the forms and collect them in at the end of the night to monitor the dj`s response to requests.

We could have targets for the number of requests played with the poorly performing dj`s being retrained by Jamie Oliver.

Sorry, all this election talk is getting to me! I`ll get my crombie.

Social source share

Personally i think there are too many dj's for a night of northern soul, maybe too many cooks spoil the broth, i think anymore than 2 or 3 just for a few hours is overkill. This is just my opinion, but i think as a dj gets the feel for the dancefloor he has to hand over the decks, and its because of this they are maybe reluctant to play the requests as they are in competition maybe with the other dj's, and instead of playing for the crowd they are actualy playing for their ego's....well just a theory anyway :rolleyes:

Social source share

How old?  36 if its any business of yours.  Although I still look only 21 in the mirror.  Now that my eye sight is going and the bulb in the bathroom has blown.  Too young for my opinion to be worthwhile in your book?

You're welcome to it.

link

Your age reflects the current trend to slag off oldies, particularly on these pages, you don't need to play out Right Track every single time you DJ, but if one oldie always pleases the floor then its this one, I certainly don't mind listening to newer stuff but depending on where you play and play to an oldie or three like Right Track cannot fail to please, perhaps it's the case of this record being one of my all time faves and has been with me since the sixties

Social source share

Would you kindly expand on your last sentence. I was happily nodding away agreeing with what you had said, then read the last sentence.

What or who was that aimed at?

I'm not having a pop, just interested in what you define as 'amateur'

Thanks,

Jamie  :rolleyes:

link

It's not aimed at anyone in particular but you get people who start up a night a few miles from another venue and just get their mates to DJ for free. Partly because they can't attract or aren't prepared to take the financial risk of paying established spinners.

The "DJ's" don't know how to play a floor and generally turn up with either all the latest boots or a load of records that they happen to like. I know it's the old argument but I believe that if DJ's on the rare soul scene were required by promoters to play rare records-not boots and CD's-we would get rid of a load of poorly run and poorly attended venues and the decent ones would benefit. But everyone seems to want to be a DJ or promoter these days.

Consequently the other venue loses a few for a night or two.

When I say amateur it's because I can't think of a better descrptive word-most promoters and DJ's are probably amateurs strictly speaking because they don't make a living from it but I mean people who clearly don't know what they are doing.

Social source share

now now chappies don't take it to seriously..........don't think there is any harm in asking a d.j for a particular record to be played, you can't be expected to play enough tunes to suit everyones taste in say 1 or 2 hours so whats wrong with requests :rolleyes: the last time I asked for a request the d.j played it straight away, of course I would'nt ask for a northern tune in a modern room or vice versa, although I'm not sure which room would play Spring Rain by Silvetti ohmy.gif and who would play it for me :D wotta a tune........................

:D

Social source share

As a punter/dancer could the DJ`s on here tell me what their preference is when we ask for a request.

link

I prefer something written down. That's because I'm getting old and I'll forget otherwise!

Seriously though if it's written down I will try and play it when it will fit smoothly into my spot. For example if I was playing a bit of seventies and the floor was full I wouldn't immediatley play 'Cause You're Mine if asked but I'd try top play it when the floor is stomping a bit.

Also if it's written down I can pass it on to the next DJ if necessary. I often get asked to play something just as I'm finishing my spot or something I don't have.

You've paid to come in and if you want a record playing I'll do my best to play it myself or get one of the other DJ's to spin it.

Edited by ScallyBob
Social source share

Good for you mate :rolleyes:

We don't want these young whippersnappers causing the scene to progress, do we? :D

Otherwise how are we, on our bi-monthly nights out, to sway drunkenly on the edge of the dancefloor and clap irritatingly if we don't know the tunes? :D:D

Social source share

now now chappies don't take it to seriously..........don't think there is any harm in asking a d.j for a particular record to be played, you can't be expected to play enough tunes to suit everyones taste in say 1 or 2 hours so whats wrong with requests  :rolleyes: the last time I asked for a request the d.j played it straight away, of course I would'nt ask for a northern tune in a modern room or vice versa, although I'm not sure which room would play Spring Rain by Silvetti ohmy.gif and who would play it for me :D wotta a tune........................

link

I don't like it but I have a copy. If you asked me, I'd play it. Mind you I don't always carry it with me!!

I was asked for The Snake recently and people mocked me for playing it: but somebody had made their choice to pay their way in and maybe, just maybe at other venues they just got ignored (or worse, ridiculed) for requesting their favourite record. I might have won a future customer for the venue!

Social source share

Guest Jamie

It's not aimed at anyone in particular but you get people who start up a night a few miles from another venue and just get their mates to DJ for free. Partly because they can't attract or aren't prepared to take the financial risk of paying established spinners.

The "DJ's" don't know how to play a floor and generally turn up with either all the latest boots or a load of records that they happen to like. I know it's the old argument but I believe that if DJ's on the rare soul scene were required by promoters to play rare records-not boots and CD's-we would get rid of a load of poorly run and poorly attended venues and the decent ones would benefit. But everyone seems to want to be a DJ or promoter these days.

Consequently the other venue loses a few for a night or two.

When I say amateur it's because I can't think of a better descrptive word-most promoters and DJ's are probably amateurs strictly speaking because they don't make a living from it but I mean people who clearly don't know what they are doing.

link

Again, I agree with what you say.

Starting up a night clashing with other establised local nights is just madness - why do they do it?

As you mention, these nights generally don't live that long anyway. But it's just a shame they bother in the first place and cause other well run venues to suffer attendance-wise in the short term.

Don't get everyone started with the CD/Boot argument again!! :rolleyes::D

Thanks for the reply,

Jamie :D

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Your age reflects the current trend to slag off oldies, particularly on these pages, you don't need to play out Right Track every single time you DJ, but if one oldie always pleases the floor then its this one, I certainly don't mind listening to newer stuff but depending on where you play and play to an oldie or three like Right Track cannot fail to please, perhaps it's the case of this record being one of my all time faves and has been with me since the sixties

link

Well good for you. I don't think its a current trend for people who don't like listening to odlies all night, I won't be playing Right Track ever when I DJ, I have no idea where the record is, and I wouldn't accept an offer to DJ somewhere if I thought that was what I would be expected to play. No Right Track, Out On The Floor, Footsee, Joe 90, Hawaii 5 0, Moody Woman, Velvets, Frank Wilson, etc.

Sorry, but I find them very boring to hear and don't expect to get some patronising comment about being of a certain age as a result.

Social source share

Who's that then, just so as I know who to avoid? :rolleyes:

link

As I said earlier, when I say amateur it's because I can't think of a better descriptive word-most promoters and DJ's are probably amateurs strictly speaking because they don't make a living from it but I mean people who clearly don't know what they are doing.

I avoid promoters who lack the ability to run a venue properly or DJ's who can't DJ. There are DJ's who don't necessarily play what I like but at least they can DJ.

Who you avoid is your choice.

Social source share

Personally i think there are too many dj's for a night of northern soul, maybe too many cooks spoil the broth, i think anymore than 2 or 3 just for a few hours is overkill. This is just my opinion, but i think as a dj gets the feel for the dancefloor he has to hand over the decks, and its because of this they are maybe reluctant to play the requests as they are in competition maybe with the other dj's, and instead of playing for the crowd they are actualy playing for their ego's....well just a theory anyway :D

link

Had to check the date then...wondered if today was the first! :rolleyes:

If a DJ's sole object is to please the floor, and he can't do it before his hour is almost up, he'd be better off staying at home! ohmy.gif

Couldn't really follow what you were on about after that bit :D

Social source share

Well good for you.  I don't think its a current trend for people who don't like listening to odlies all night, I won't be playing Right Track ever when I DJ, I have no idea where the record is, and I wouldn't accept an offer to DJ somewhere if I thought that was what I would be expected to play.  No Right Track, Out On The Floor, Footsee, Joe 90, Hawaii 5 0, Moody Woman, Velvets, Frank Wilson, etc. 

Sorry, but I find them very boring to hear and don't expect to get some patronising comment about being of a certain age as a result.

link

Ah! Just getting caught up here. :D

Well said mate. :D

I agree with all of it and strangely I'm way past the age group that dinosaur referred to :rolleyes:

Social source share

As I said earlier, when I say amateur it's because I can't think of a better descriptive word-most promoters and DJ's are probably amateurs strictly speaking because they don't make a living from it but I mean people who clearly don't know what they are doing.

I avoid promoters who lack the ability to run a venue properly or DJ's who can't DJ. There are DJ's who don't necessarily play what I like but at least they can DJ.

Who you avoid is your choice.

link

Thank you so much :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest dodger

Personally i think there are too many dj's for a night of northern soul, maybe too many cooks spoil the broth, i think anymore than 2 or 3 just for a few hours is overkill. This is just my opinion, but i think as a dj gets the feel for the dancefloor he has to hand over the decks, and its because of this they are maybe reluctant to play the requests as they are in competition maybe with the other dj's, and instead of playing for the crowd they are actualy playing for their ego's....well just a theory anyway :rolleyes:

link

Couldn't agree more Vic, I've been banging on about this for ages. Less DJ's means less outlay for a promoter and longer times for competent DJ's means they have more time to spread out musically especially when playing modern soul where the tunes tend to be longer - I noticed that Dave Rimmer got in the same number of tunes in half an hour as I got into one hour! Speaking as a DJ, an hour is nowhere near long enough imo.

Roger

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Ah! Just getting caught up here. :D

Well said mate. ohmy.gif

I agree with all of it and strangely I'm way past the age group that dinosaur referred to :D

link

Do you reckon he is a purple coloured playful dinosaur like Barney or more like the lawyer on the bog eating T Rex in Jurassic Park :rolleyes:

Social source share

I was DJing in Birmingham last night at a Northern Soul night (Surprisingly  ohmy.gif ) when someone came and asked...........

In the past I've been asked if I had anything by The Beatles, but the best I've heard was when Chris Anderton was aksed "Can you play some Northern Soul ?" halfway through his spot  :rolleyes:   :D   :D   :D   :P   :D   :P

link

A few years ago a DJ who works for me was asked to play 'Lady In Red'(remember this was a full on Northern night-oldies/newies combined)

The spinner thought(as most would) Ronnie Dyson eh, a bit played out but what the heck, best be professional as they have paid to get in.

Imagine the horror when she came back at the end of the gig shouting the odds which went something like..... I'VE BEEN HERE ALL NIGHT AND ALL I WANTED WAS ONE SMOOCH WITH MY BOYFRIEND. CALL YOURSELF A DJ. ANYBODY WORTH HIS SALT CARRIES.........Chris De Burgh

true story---leaving us all with the same conclusion..there is nowt as queer as folk at ...A NORTHERN DO!

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

i wouldn't play any record i didn't like regardless of how popular it was or how many times i was asked

Davie

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

A few years ago a DJ who works for me was asked to play 'Lady In Red'(remember this was a full on Northern night-oldies/newies combined)

The spinner thought(as most would) Ronnie Dyson eh, a bit played out but what the heck, best be professional as they have paid to get in.

Imagine the horror when she came back at the end of the gig shouting the odds which went something like..... I'VE BEEN HERE ALL NIGHT AND ALL I WANTED WAS ONE SMOOCH WITH MY BOYFRIEND. CALL YOURSELF A DJ. ANYBODY WORTH HIS SALT CARRIES.........Chris De Burgh

true story---leaving us all with the same conclusion..there is nowt as queer as folk at ...A NORTHERN DO!

link

:rolleyes: Kev, even I've got that one in my box. You should book me. I need the money. Now, out of interest, where do you stand on DJs playing Right Track at your dos? And if its acceptable, how about on a CD or a bootleg?

Social source share

Couldn't agree more Vic, I've been banging on about this for ages.  Less DJ's means less outlay for a promoter and longer times for competent DJ's means they have more time to spread out musically especially when playing modern soul where the tunes tend to be longer - I noticed that Dave Rimmer got in the same number of tunes in half an hour as I got into one hour!  Speaking as a DJ, an hour is nowhere near long enough imo.

Roger

link

Yes but surely you hit the nail on the head when you said the modern tunes are that much longer :rolleyes:

On the Northern front, we are getting some new DJing talent coming through thanks to the odd 45min-hour spot given by the likes of Soultown Andy :D

Dave

Social source share

Personally i think there are too many dj's for a night of northern soul, maybe too many cooks spoil the broth, i think anymore than 2 or 3 just for a few hours is overkill. This is just my opinion, but i think as a dj gets the feel for the dancefloor he has to hand over the decks, and its because of this they are maybe reluctant to play the requests as they are in competition maybe with the other dj's, and instead of playing for the crowd they are actualy playing for their ego's....well just a theory anyway :P

link

Couldn't agree more Vic, I've been banging on about this for ages.  Less DJ's means less outlay for a promoter and longer times for competent DJ's means they have more time to spread out musically especially when playing modern soul where the tunes tend to be longer - I noticed that Dave Rimmer got in the same number of tunes in half an hour as I got into one hour!  Speaking as a DJ, an hour is nowhere near long enough imo.

Roger

link

Having been to "nites" where a DJ has had a couple of hours to himself before the next DJ, I thought he'd lost the plot after about 1h20m as it became quite clear it was just a matter of "playing stuff" to finish his 2hrs rather than keep the floor moving.... remember you can "overdo" or "outstay" when up there :D ....

As for requests.... it's quite simple really.... you "slot" them in or be honest and say "if I can, if not ask a later DJ".... or of course there's that old chestnut "I ain't got it with me" ohmy.gif .... and how many times do you hear a DJ say "requested sounds of blah blah" only to know NO ONE has been up for an age :rolleyes: .... that's the line to make peeps think the next tune "must be good as it's been asked for" which always makes me PMSL :D ....

One hour is approx 22-25 tunes, IMO, and that's just about right to "move on" from the guy/gal before.... to then leave the guy/gal following to "move on again".... it's not about self promotion after all is it.... it's about doing the business....

As for "modern".... you cut your cloth accordingly as they say.... make the set work however long the records are.... but I'll leave further comments on that one to PeteS :D ....

Social source share

If it's in the box, it'll get played but don't be askin' fir stupit stuff like dub reggae at a northern night. That's just silliness and shows some times that some punters are only on the scene to take the p*ss!!!

There is still a lot to be said about attending a night with a "known" DJ. I go to be educated AND entertained, the DJ has to have previous knowledge of preferred classics and also show the perspective of delivering future tunes to the crowd.

I believe that the advent of everybody and their auntie being able to listen to most tracks at home takes the sweetness out of listening to top tunes on the floor. There is many a tune that I have sickened myself listening to it by playing it repeatedly making harder work for some proffessional DJ's that really DO break new sounds.

Haydn

Social source share

Having been to "nites" where a DJ has had a couple of hours to himself before the next DJ, I thought he'd lost the plot after about 1h20m as it became quite clear it was just a matter of "playing stuff" to finish his 2hrs rather than keep the floor moving.... remember you can "overdo" or "outstay" when up there :P ....

As for requests.... it's quite simple really.... you "slot" them in or be honest and say "if I can, if not ask a later DJ".... or of course there's that old chestnut "I ain't got it with me" ohmy.gif .... and how many times do you hear a DJ say "requested sounds of blah blah" only to know NO ONE has been up for an age :D .... that's the line to make peeps think the next tune "must be good as it's been asked for" which always makes me PMSL :D ....

One hour is approx 22-25 tunes, IMO, and that's just about right to "move on" from the guy/gal before.... to then leave the guy/gal following to "move on again".... it's not about self promotion after all is it.... it's about doing the business....

As for "modern".... you cut your cloth accordingly as they say.... make the set work however long the records are.... but I'll leave further comments on that one to PeteS :D ....

link

Good post...considering :D

BTW you wouldn't fob me off with "ain't got it with me"....I'd have a look in the box :rolleyes::P

Dave

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Having been to "nites" where a DJ has had a couple of hours to himself before the next DJ, I thought he'd lost the plot after about 1h20m as it became quite clear it was just a matter of "playing stuff" to finish his 2hrs rather than keep the floor moving.... remember you can "overdo" or "outstay" when up there ohmy.gif ....

As for requests.... it's quite simple really.... you "slot" them in or be honest and say "if I can, if not ask a later DJ".... or of course there's that old chestnut "I ain't got it with me" :D .... and how many times do you hear a DJ say "requested sounds of blah blah" only to know NO ONE has been up for an age :D .... that's the line to make peeps think the next tune "must be good as it's been asked for" which always makes me PMSL :D ....

As for "modern".... you cut your cloth accordingly as they say.... make the set work however long the records are.... but I'll leave further comments on that one to PeteS :P ....

link

:D These are definitelythe best tricks. And claiming another DJ has got a particular record that you know that (s)he hasn't, so they get whinged at for the whole set to play it. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Roger

link

One hour is far too long for some dj's :D:Dohmy.gif

Seriously though the 2 hour sets that Dodge has introduced in the Modern room at Stoke works very well.especially as has been mentioned the length of a modern tune compared to that of a northern tune.

I've been looking at your new avator all afternoon,I've had to get a Togetherness cd out to compare photo's and it is you isn't? :P I love the streaks in your hair :rolleyes: They were all the rage back in the day :D

Social source share

now now chappies don't take it to seriously..........don't think there is any harm in asking a d.j for a particular record to be played, you can't be expected to play enough tunes to suit everyones taste in say 1 or 2 hours so whats wrong with requests  :rolleyes: the last time I asked for a request the d.j played it straight away, of course I would'nt ask for a northern tune in a modern room or vice versa, although I'm not sure which room would play Spring Rain by Silvetti ohmy.gif and who would play it for me :D wotta a tune........................

link

Hear Hear!!

Geoff Ware played Linda Griner (good bye cruel "whatever") for me last night without me even having to ask, just knew I was there and played it - probably to stop me from nagging him (well that's what his wife Pat said anyway).

Top DJ knows his audience(are all in their late 40s)!!!

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

during one of our visits to the excellent Bisley, Tracie my partner asked Derek Mead if he could play a certain track (can'y remember what it is now) he told her that he didn't have a copy but he would see what he could do, when he came to do his second set of the evening he'd managed to get a copy from somewhere (think he'd got a copy out of a sales box, don't know if he bought it or borrowed it) :D

some DJ's do go the extra mile for the punters :rolleyes::D

Social source share

during one of our visits to the excellent Bisley, Tracie my partner asked Derek Mead if he could play a certain track (can'y remember what it is now)  he told her that he didn't have a copy but he would see what he could do, when he came to do his second set of the evening  he'd managed to get a copy from somewhere (think he'd got a copy out of a sales box, don't know if he bought it or borrowed it)  ohmy.gif

some DJ's do go the extra mile for the punters :rolleyes:   :D

link

Nice to hear that Andrew, i know of one DJ who has posted on here, that when asked by a young fan of the music, if she could just look at the label of the record he had just played, she was given a dour and rather flat NO.

Social source share

:rolleyes: Kev, even I've got that one in my box.  You should book me.  I need the money.  Now, out of interest, where do you stand on DJs playing Right Track at your dos?  And if its acceptable, how about on a CD or a bootleg?

link

Stu,

I have no problems with Billy Butler's epic while folks keep asking for it.

I'm in the entertainment business 95% and Collectors 5%.

Yes...I too am sick of the sight of the song, even though Billy's an old friend and will be appearing at the SOULTRIPUSA event, April 26-May 3 at the East Brunswick HILTON.

You didn't expect a short reply did you?

Later......

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Stu,

I have no problems with Billy Butler's epic while folks keep asking for it.

I'm in the entertainment business 95% and Collectors 5%.

Yes...I too am sick of the sight of the song, even though Billy's an old friend and will be appearing at the SOULTRIPUSA event, April 26-May 3 at the East Brunswick HILTON.

You didn't expect a short reply did you?

Later......

link

Nope :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert