• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I saw this listed on Dave Rimmer's Volt discography:

4094 -Cynthia & Imaginations - Nine Times Out Of Ten / Prove It To Me - 1973

Does this exist? I'm assuming that it doesn't, and if so, is a recording available somewhere? Thanks.

If it's in the listing, it means it was scheduled for release, which sort of implies that it would exist. Of course whether it did actually get released is a totally different thing :D

Social source share

Does this exist? I'm assuming that it doesn't, and if so, is a recording available somewhere? Thanks.

Uncle Ady put this out on a Kent CD - Let's Crossover Again, I've just tried to add sound clip but Refosoul doesn't seem to be working. It's certainly not their best recording, described in the liner notes as "poppy Detroit soul in the style of Honey Cone's Hot Wax hits", which is a pretty fair review.

Social source share

If it's in the listing, it means it was scheduled for release, which sort of implies that it would exist. Of course whether it did actually get released is a totally different thing :D

thanks. Do you know the original source -- e.g. documents from Volt, an acetate from a collector, a real record, etc.? I've figured out that a lot of the chess 45s you and others have listed don't exist, probably because people got access to the chess records (I think there even was a book published a while back) that listed the 45s, even though they weren't actually released.

Social source share

Neither side is included on the Stax Volt singles Vol 3 10 CD box set, so I would assume it didn't make release.

Social source share

thanks. Do you know the original source -- e.g. documents from Volt, an acetate from a collector, a real record, etc.? I've figured out that a lot of the chess 45s you and others have listed don't exist, probably because people got access to the chess records (I think there even was a book published a while back) that listed the 45s, even though they weren't actually released.

Pretty certain this didn't get released, I consider to have a complete run of orange and blue Volt releases (all of 'em) and I don't have this one. If ir did come out it must be bloomin' rare and that's unlikely with a label like Volt which pressed in large quantities.

STEVE

Social source share

Pretty certain this didn't get released, I consider to have a complete run of orange and blue Volt releases (all of 'em) and I don't have this one. If ir did come out it must be bloomin' rare and that's unlikely with a label like Volt which pressed in large quantities.

STEVE

Can someone post audio now that refosoul is working? Thanks a lot.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The Kent release was taken from a tape that was in the Fantasy (owners of Stax) vaults. We don't have a copy tape for the flip and, I assume, it was not in the vaults, otherwise I have no doubt that we would have copied that too!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert