More Help For Kent, Please

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Seeing as how neither Ady nor I have asked you for anything for, ooooh, at least three days, and being as how you're always so helpful when we do, I'm hoping that some kind Sourcer will be able to lend us a mint or mint minus copy of Carl Hall's Loma 45 "Mean It Baby" for a forthcoming CD of Jerry Ragovoy productions.

We don't actually need it for "Mean It Baby" so it doesn't matter if that side is trashed to the point of unplayability. What we do need is the unedited version of "You Don't Know Nothing About Love", to create a dub from.

All previous CD issues of YDKNAL are of an edited version, which seems to be the only version that now exists in the vaults. So we have no choice but to dub, and obviously we want to dub it from the best condition 45 possible. We think that the unedited version may only be on stock copies, unless anyone has a 2-sided demo that shows a different running time for each side.

Can anyone help? PM me if you can - there'll be the usual rewards, in the form of some Kent or Ace CDs of your choice, plus you'll get a credit in the CD booklet and a copy of the Ragovoy CD when it comes out....

Awaiting somebody's further word, hopefully!

Ta

TONE

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

...Seeing as how neither Ady nor I have asked you for anything for, ooooh, at least three days, and being as how you're always so helpful when we do, I'm hoping that some kind Sourcer will be able to lend us a mint or mint minus copy of Carl Hall's Loma 45 "Mean It Baby" for a forthcoming CD of Jerry Ragovoy productions.

We don't actually need it for "Mean It Baby" so it doesn't matter if that side is trashed to the point of unplayability. What we do need is the unedited version of "You Don't Know Nothing About Love", to create a dub from.

All previous CD issues of YDKNAL are of an edited version, which seems to be the only version that now exists in the vaults. So we have no choice but to dub, and obviously we want to dub it from the best condition 45 possible. We think that the unedited version may only be on stock copies, unless anyone has a 2-sided demo that shows a different running time for each side.

Can anyone help? PM me if you can - there'll be the usual rewards, in the form of some Kent or Ace CDs of your choice, plus you'll get a credit in the CD booklet and a copy of the Ragovoy CD when it comes out....

Ta

TONE

HI TONE

PM ME THE ADDRESS AND I,LL POP IT IN THE POST ...

BEST STEVE T :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I have it Tony

Just left a message re it on your phone

John

I'll call tonight for a catch up, once little 'un's gone to bed....

Hope all's well with you both!

TONE

PS to everyone else, I'm going to take my good mate Mr. Marriott up on his kind offer, thanks to everyone who's done likewise...

Job done, by the looks of things!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

You could have asked me!

Mick and I need it urgently for Monday (as you've bagged the room for Tuesday) and I didn't know whether or not you'd be in the office in time for Graham to copy it....

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Is Carl still with us and, if so, still performing ?

Yes on both counts, apparently - gospel and broadway shows are what satisfies his musical deisre these days, it would seem...

Social source share

Ta

TONE

Tony,

I have a stage musical soundtrack lp with Carl on it can provide you with scans or whatever if you want. Has a pretty tidy solo track by him on the album.

Derek

Social source share

Tony,

Perhaps you can shed some light on this, Archie Shepp 'Attica Blues' on Impulse credits the guest vocals to 'Henry Hull'. I have always thought this to be Carl Henry Hall. It certainly sounds like him?

Noss

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Here's hoping Howard Tate's sublime Half A Man will be on the Jerry Ragavoy disc.

Despite it being my favourite HT track, it won't be - it's already available on CD elsewhere.

However, the ultra-rare Utopia 45 "You're Looking Good" and the Epic single "Ain't Got Nobody To Give It To" are both on there, so there's compensation and a half for you!

Social source share

Despite it being my favourite HT track, it won't be - it's already available on CD elsewhere.

However, the ultra-rare Utopia 45 "You're Looking Good" and the Epic single "Ain't Got Nobody To Give It To" are both on there, so there's compensation and a half for you!

I haven't heard ' Ain't got nobody to give it to' since that fantastic ' Lost Soul' double lp came out years ago, what agreat lp that is.

Social source share

I haven't heard ' Ain't got nobody to give it to' since that fantastic ' Lost Soul' double lp came out years ago, what agreat lp that is.

GREAT series of LPs! thumbsup.gif

I've got 4 seperate "Lost Soul" LPs though, no double LP...? :yes:

Who's the "Mr. C" that has compiled them? The guy who still has got a radio show on WFMU?

Social source share

GREAT series of LPs! thumbsup.gif

I've got 4 seperate "Lost Soul" LPs though, no double LP...? :yes:

Who's the "Mr. C" that has compiled them? The guy who still has got a radio show on WFMU?

It was released as 4 separate (expensive) US LP's in US, then followed, a bit later I think by, by double LP in UK at cheap budget price, the avid soul man from Glasgow Peter McKernan, who hated spending more than required, moaned about this for a great many years after buying the 4 LP's.

So the tight wads like me bought the double LP! Whatever it's a fantastic Lp and on hindsight one of the introductions to the deeper side, it was quite a brave concept to release that in UK when you think about it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert