Jimmy Scott-what Am I Gonna Do(about You Baby)

NEV

• Replies 5
  • Views 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Nev,

Don't know if anyone played it out (other than myself) over the years, but I do recall that it was thought to be an 'Unreleased' tape only track for a long time (early 90's) - til' I found it on the back of "Pair And A Spare".

I put it on the CD Swap a couple of swaps ago, so it will be interesting to hear if any of the swappers have managed to pick one up since... and what they paid for it.

Pretty sure the topside was known by Funksters!

Luvverly little tune but no idea of value.

So unknown by the majority of folk, I doubt it really has a documented price.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Hi Nev,

Don't know if anyone played it out (other than myself) over the years, but I do recall that it was thought to be an 'Unreleased' tape only track for a long time (early 90's) - til' I found it on the back of "Pair And A Spare".

I put it on the CD Swap a couple of swaps ago, so it will be interesting to hear if any of the swappers have managed to pick one up since... and what they paid for it.

Pretty sure the topside was known by Funksters!

Luvverly little tune but no idea of value.

So unknown by the majority of folk, I doubt it really has a documented price.

:lol:

Sean

Thanx Sean

Only reference i have is on Plumby's website ,where he sold one recently with a sales pitch of"on a few wants lists lately" .

Hopefully Steve will shed some more light on this underplayed gem!

Nev :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanx Sean

Only reference i have is on Plumby's website ,where he sold one recently with a sales pitch of"on a few wants lists lately" .

Hopefully Steve will shed some more light on this underplayed gem!

Nev :thumbsup:

I was looking around for a price on this one a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find anything, so will be interesting to see what people come up with.

Adam.

Social source share

I've owned this record for years and coincidently posted it in the Crossover thread a few weeks ago. What I love about it is the 'Southern' feel despite it's Detroit roots and at dead on 2 minutes long leaves the listener wanting more.

Ian Clarke also reviewed it in an Shades Of Soul from 1996 to much aplomb - that alone gives it pedigree.

Before searching on Gemm I guessed it would be a 30 quid tune and there is only one there at about that price.

Still a difficult one to price though for the reasons Sean outlined. I would hang on to it Nev as it's threads like these that start a buzz on underrated / unknown records.

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert