Lucky Me - Truly A Bargain

rekorder

just arrived, a package from the states with:

dobie gray The 'In' Crowd on Charger 105 in EX

ann cole In The Chapel / Each Day on Baton 232 in VG+

gene chandler There Was A Time on Brunswick 555383 in EX

for the unbelievable overall price of $ 20 including airmail to germany..

think i will party a bit on that, still dont get it in my head.. :D

Social source share

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just arrived, a package from the states with:

dobie gray The 'In' Crowd on Charger 105 in EX

ann cole In The Chapel / Each Day on Baton 232 in VG+

gene chandler There Was A Time on Brunswick 555383 in EX

for the unbelievable overall price of $ 20 including airmail to germany..

think i will party a bit on that, still dont get it in my head.. smile.gif

Like the Ann Cole - Each Day, nice early r&b track :rolleyes:

Social source share

hey i see, you are already "advanced" in prices.. shades.gif

do you know, where there are the soundclips for the ones you mentioned?

i will check the refosoul later, or soulclub.org for it! :huh:

at least it doesnt seem impossible to still find some saving your chronically

empty pockets..for which do these go usually?

sorry, i'm new, in need of big money & experience.. :rolleyes:

Social source share

hey i see, you are already "advanced" in prices.. shades.gif

do you know, where there are the soundclips for the ones you mentioned?

i will check the refosoul later, or soulclub.org for it! :huh:

at least it doesnt seem impossible to still find some saving your chronically

empty pockets..for which do these go usually?

sorry, i'm new, in need of big money & experience.. :rolleyes:

I sold my last copy of Ann Cole (along her other stuff on Baton, all highly recommended if R&B is your target) for 20 USD in us VG++.

Gene Chandler and Dobie Gray are obtainable at 10 USD each.

Marc

Social source share

Ann Cole doesn't seem to turn up very often - great track, people must be hanging on to it!

ebay Buy-It-Nows are often good if you see them before anyone else, recently had stuff like Freddie King 'Now I Got a Woman' for $8, Della Reese 'A Clock That's Got No Hands' for $4, etc

Social source share

I sold my last copy of Ann Cole (along her other stuff on Baton, all highly recommended if R&B is your target) for 20 USD in us VG++.

Gene Chandler and Dobie Gray are obtainable at 10 USD each.

Marc

hey, i meant the other ones, not the ones i obtained.. whistling.gif

nevertheless, good to know! still like the pal rakes & prophets, i once bought outta your box.. :thumbup:

Social source share

hey, i meant the other ones, not the ones i obtained.. whistling.gif

nevertheless, good to know! still like the pal rakes & prophets, i once bought outta your box.. :thumbup:

I bought a mint- Gloria Grey "It's a sweet world", Warner Bros issue, on ebay for 5$, buy it now.

Isn't it amazing? :lol:

Social source share

I picked up a UK PYE 1st of Chubby Checker's Gypsy for £3.75 on ebay. The next one I saw on the bay went for £35!

A great track but it may be a little ott for some tastes.

Social source share

Mine was, The Faithfull Wonders O"l John Behld they mother - Chess Demo, for $12, Worth about 50 Quid ive been Told :yes:

Some guy sent me a email by mistake cos it was headed for Carl Willingham

on it was a mp3 of faithfull wonders about 4yrs back.

Found it on Craig Moerers for $10 so bought it,when parcel arrived there were 4 copies :ohmy:

Decided to sell 3 of em but accidently sold all four :D

Now i aint got one :ohmy:

Social source share

Some guy sent me a email by mistake cos it was headed for Carl Willingham

on it was a mp3 of faithfull wonders about 4yrs back.

Found it on Craig Moerers for $10 so bought it,when parcel arrived there were 4 copies :ohmy:

Decided to sell 3 of em but accidently sold all four :ohmy:

Now i aint got one :P

Now that is a bargin wink.gif it also makes the 45s you got with the money a bargin too :yes: shame you didnt keep one :D

Social source share

I bought a mint- Gloria Grey "It's a sweet world", Warner Bros issue, on ebay for 5$, buy it now.

Isn't it amazing? :yes:

bought a nice copy of george smith "i've had it" on turntable for 2,50 Euros buy now on ebay about a year ago. couldn't believe it!

Social source share

have picked up loads of bargains on ebay over the last three years, a couple that spring to mind

eddie garrigan - wish i was - fontana issue total $11 think most people thought it was a boot!

soulville allstars - nobody to blame - soulville total $26 bargain,brilliant and bloody hard to find!

plus loads more....oh yer just other day nice copy of leslie uggams - dont you even care - atlantic

total $7 blimey, oldie but does sound fresh imo.

regards

russ

Social source share

I knew this would turn into a competition, no posts prior to y2K allowed :hypo:

I got an Al Green - Keep On Pushing Love - on a 12" from a dutch house web site for 7 euros

Errr .. Yvonne Baker - You Didn't say a Word - East Coast demo (FW stamped) - $50 in SF wacko.gif in 2001

Social source share

My most, only recently realised, fortuitous purchase was actually a 'non-purchase' in that in the same sleeve as an (ordered & expected) blue Quaint release (part of a two-tiered 'bulk' purchase of mainly late 50's/early 60's 45's I negotiated) was another 45 - by the same artist, but on a yellow Quaint... need I mention that the artist in question is one Mr Otis Lee :D:wicked: and the coveted 'Hard Road..'

The irony of this particular pleasant suprise? I made the purchase 5 years ago!! and (due mainly to two house moves and the fact my 'record room' became such only once it'd finished it's service as the 'box room') they remained in their 'as arrived' state until I finally managed to get access to all my loverly stashed (& some completely forgotten) 45's and begin going through them (still not completed as we speak!) to achieve some sense & order, once more, to my treasured play boxes.

At the other end of the spectrum, I could also admit to the mistake made in buying a piece based on a 'published' price - only to discover (after not being able to fathom out why I secured it so easily) that the 'published' price I used for reference was, in fact, a printing error... with an extra nought included!! ohmy.gif:Plaugh.gif I might just as well have driven down the road with my window wide open, chucking £20 notes out as I travelled! End result would've been the same! Oh those wonderful lessons in life thrown at us when we least expect them.. whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert