Nasco - Keep On Running Away - Bits'n Pieces

45cellar

Bits'n Pieces - Keep On Running Away -

(Soundclip from Refosoul Archive)

-----------------ORIGINAL---------------------------------RE-ISSUE

Nasco_033aa_DJ.jpgNasco_033a_RE.jpg-Has Identical Deadwax - (DEMO = Double Sided)

Nasco_029a.jpgNasco_033b_RE.jpg-Has Identical Deadwax as the earlier release of Sinner 029

They were reissued from Original Plates - Explains 029 In Deadwax on "B Side"

Here is that thread >>> LINK <<<

Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 19
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just curious, I also have a coloured DJ copy as pictured above which I would have picked up not long after the 'black and white" ones turned up.

Are there any 'regular' issues of the coloured ones?

For the life of me I can't remember if I've seen any or not blush.gif

My multi-coloured one's an issue copy

Social source share

Guest Modern Skip Tone

My multi-coloured one's an issue copy

Prefer - Did I Scare You, but was'nt Smoke Stream bigger at the Mecca. Also I Betcha Dont Know on Paramount is well worth collecting it's class and should not be dismissed.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Anyone Help!!?

Bit confused over the value of the original after reading about it in 'Wants' section.

£50 - £75, Have seen a demo @ £125...

The 2nd issue (released very shortly after apparently) is usally £30+ ish.

Ste.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Prefer - Did I Scare You, but was'nt Smoke Stream bigger at the Mecca. Also I Betcha Dont Know on Paramount is well worth collecting it's class and should not be dismissed.

You're absolutey right Modern Skip "Smoke Stream " was the big record back in the day.

Picked up 'Did I Scare You" promo a couple of years ago, lovely record, but of course the promo doesn't have "Smoke Stream"
:lol:

Good call on the "Betcha Don't know"
just got myself a nice minty " Betcha" from that nice Mark Res for a very reasnoble price, good flipside too, can't recall the title 'cos when I dig it out I can't stop playing "I Betcha.........."

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Guest Modern Skiptone

You're absolutey right Modern Skip "Smoke Stream " was the big record back in the day.

Picked up 'Did I Scare You" promo a couple of years ago, lovely record, but of course the promo doesn't have "Smoke Stream"

Good call on the "Betcha Don't know"
just got myself a nice minty " Betcha" from that nice Mark Res for a very reasnoble price, good flipside too, can't recall the title 'cos when I dig it out I can't stop playing "I Betcha.........."

Cheers Paul

Hi Paul, your not missing much with Smoke Stream, I would say a lesser soulfull tune than the others arranged and produced. A harder edged sound.

"Betcha" is a little 70's stormer.....and the flip You Should Have Told Me ain't half bad either....Thanks for the shout on this Paul.

Were you a member of the "Shrewsbury Collectives" back in the days Paul. :lol: .

Cheers

Nick.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up 'Did I Scare You" promo a couple of years ago, lovely record, but of course the promo doesn't have "Smoke Stream" :D

Hi Paul, your not missing much with Smoke Stream, I would say a lesser soulfull tune than the others arranged and produced. A harder edged sound.

As I remember it - it was the earlier release on Nasco by Brothers, Sisters and Cousins which got most of the plays of "Smoke Stream", not the Bits and Pieces version :lol:

97757.jpg

This one was also re-issued on the silver label same as the other Bits and Pieces release mentioned earlier

Anyway, regarding "Did I scare you" - I have a demo copy with "Smoke Stream" on the flip side, so it looks as though there are two different demo copies (at least) of this 45.

Edited by John Benson
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Bits And Pieces under another name of course.

Two demos of "Did I Scare You" eh well,well...........is it the "plugside" on yours ?

Cheers Paul

Well, I'm not all too sure after having another look at it - is it a demo or what? :D

See what you think:

post-5094-1226614961_thumb.jpg

post-5094-1226614978_thumb.jpg

As you can see, it's like the first coloured DJ copy as pictured earlier, but its got

"Promo

Pop / R&B"

on both sides! :thumbup:

If you can see in the scan, the A side (031-A) is "Did I scare you"

But as far as is it the plug side?... you tell me! :D

Social source share

My copies of "Did I Scare You" and "Keep On Running Away" have "D J Copy" exactly where your's have "Promo.... etc" :lol:

Nasco 0031 and 0033

I'm getting more and more confused as this (great) thread goes on :yes::D

Cheers Paul

PS Fantastic stuff from this/these goup(s) if you ask me. Don't suppose theres an LP in the vaults? :ohmy:

Social source share

My copies of "Did I Scare You" and "Keep On Running Away" have "D J Copy" exactly where your's have "Promo.... etc" :lol:

Nasco 0031 and 0033

I'm getting more and more confused as this (great) thread goes on :D:)

Cheers Paul

PS Fantastic stuff from this/these goup(s) if you ask me. Don't suppose theres an LP in the vaults? :ohmy:

No idea about an LP - but just to clear things up a bit, my 'DJ copy' of "Keep on running away" is just like the one pictured above (multi coloured), which has also got the flip side "Sinner have you been there" - didn't you say that your copy of "Did I scare you" was same both sides?

That makes them the same - only different doesn't it? :D

Agreed, it certainly gets very confusing doesn't it? :yes:

BTW - there's a Nasco singles discography here:https://www.globaldogproductions.info/n/nasco.html

No mention of LPs though as far as I can tell...

Edited by John Benson
Social source share

BTW - there's a Nasco singles discography here:https://www.globaldogproductions.info/n/nasco.html

No mention of LPs though as far as I can tell...

Bit of a typo on 029 John, listed as "Smoke Seven" when in fact its the first issue of "Smoke Stream".

I remember picking these up at the time and thinking how clever we all were for sussing that Brothers Sisters & Cousins were also Bits & Pieces because of the mutual flipside 'Sinner Have You Been There".

Still love "Keep On Running Away" after all these years.

Tune!

Sean

Social source share

Bit of a typo on 029 John, listed as "Smoke Seven" when in fact its the first issue of "Smoke Stream".

I remember picking these up at the time and thinking how clever we all were for sussing that Brothers Sisters & Cousins were also Bits & Pieces because of the mutual flipside 'Sinner Have You Been There".

Still love "Keep On Running Away" after all these years.

Tune!

Sean

Hi Sean, yes I noticed the mistake also.

But am I imagining it or isn't the version of "Smoke stream" by Bits and Pieces different from the one as by Brothers Sisters & Cousins? :lol:

I only have the one by Bits & Pieces, but I'm almost sure that when the BS&C 45 was getting plays, I was told (Or maybe heard it?) that the other version was slower or something?

Anyone got both versions to confirm this?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert