• Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good home waiting for ;

Ronnie McNeir "Good Side of Your Love"

Brenda Jones "Big Mistake"

Steve if you get offered more than 1 copy of Brenda... send them to me as I can give her a really good home too :thumbsup:

Not that I'm buying records at the moment - of course :boxing:

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Ahh, I think my good friend Steve Mannion is being mischievous, I never claimed to have made Brenda Jones big, infact I think I've only played it twice (and to crowd of around 30 people !) I know full well the Rippolles brothers have played it out long before I even got a copy.

But for the record, I first heard it via a tape sent to me by mate Phil Rains, though I did recall it being played at the three greyhounds, and that must have being you Mark (Baildon). Just out of interest I got my demo copy from Craig Moerer and it has the labels reversed, just the sort of oddity I love about collecting records.

See you Saturday Steve..........you made a BIG MISTAKE........... :yes:

Social source share

Ahh, I think my good friend Steve Mannion is being mischievous, I never claimed to have made Brenda Jones big, infact I think I've only played it twice (and to crowd of around 30 people !) I know full well the Rippolles brothers have played it out long before I even got a copy.

But for the record, I first heard it via a tape sent to me by mate Phil Rains, though I did recall it being played at the three greyhounds, and that must have being you Mark (Baildon). Just out of interest I got my demo copy from Craig Moerer and it has the labels reversed, just the sort of oddity I love about collecting records.

See you Saturday Steve..........you made a BIG MISTAKE........... laugh.gif

hi brett i know it was a parkers spin according to dean. mines a demo too but labels correst way round.

mark

Social source share

Dean would never play it at Parkers because he hated the fuzz guitar so much-I kept telling him that he should!

Dave

i bow to yor greater knowledge mine comes fro a write up he did in a fanzine several years ago and if you remember dean was a bit of a rambler with the written word laugh.gif

anyway when are you available to do a spot for us down in the cellar.

mark

Social source share

Guest covmart

he got one after he heard me playing it, but i bought it after a recomendation from dean johnson :D

mark

In the "its a small world department" Dean was one of my mates growing up. Went to school with him and all and I used to take the train from Coventry to Manchester for weekends in Hulme. If someone who knows him could give him my email addy I'd appreciate it - mdalziel01@aol.com. He still owes me about thirty quid from about 1979 so I should be well in the money by now.

As a side note, my Brenda Jones - Big Mistake ends tomorrow (Sunday) on Ebay.com.

Edited by covmart
Social source share

Source Advert