Clarence Reid "you Knock Me Out" Alston

Guest stromberg

Guest stromberg

Clarence Reid "You knock me out" Alston

I am wondering why I never see one of these for sale. I picked up a copy maybe 1,5 years ago and have been looking out for it ever since, just out of interest, because I think it's absolutely the business. I never saw a copy again, but it can't be that rare. I got it from JM for 10 quid or so, so really shouldn't be rare at all. So, am I just overlooking it all the time and it is in every sales box in the UK?!

Value?!

Anywy, a bit bored and was asking myself, so thought I'd ask for some info from you more knowledgable people..

best,

Stefan

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I am wondering why I never see one of these for sale. I picked up a copy maybe 1,5 years ago and have been looking out for it ever since, just out of interest, because I think it's absolutely the business. I never saw a copy again, but it can't be that rare. I got it from JM for 10 quid or so, so really shouldn't be rare at all. So, am I just overlooking it all the time and it is in every sales box in the UK?!

Value?!

Anywy, a bit bored and was asking myself, so thought I'd ask for some info from you more knowledgable people..

best,

Stefan

It is a rare record for sure, just let me know when you wanna sell yours to me biggrin.gif

Social source share

Value?!

best,

Stefan

some of reid's alston 45s never got distributed outside of florida apparently. alston had some kind of distribution deal with atlantic, but there are certain 45s that didn't get atlantic distribution as far as i can tell, perhaps because they came before or after the atlantic deal? two other reid alston 45s that just don't turn up:

"gotta take it home to mother"/"you get your kicks"

"miss hot stuff"/"mr. hot stuff"

in fact, looking at the alston discography at https://tinyurl.com/2fmqo2 i see several more unfamiliar reid alston titles:

"you got to fight"/"three is a crowd"

"come on with it"/"mr. smith's wife"

"shake your butt"/"caution love ahead"

"just another guy in the band"/"i'm excited"

"you get me up"/"it's hell trying to get to heaven"

anyone heard these???

Social source share

Guest stromberg

It is a rare record for sure, just let me know when you wanna sell yours to me :thumbsup:

Tommy,

It is more likey that I will start to enjoy cricket more than football, before that happens biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest stromberg

some of reid's alston 45s never got distributed outside of florida apparently. alston had some kind of distribution deal with atlantic, but there are certain 45s that didn't get atlantic distribution as far as i can tell, perhaps because they came before or after the atlantic deal? two other reid alston 45s that just don't turn up:

"gotta take it home to mother"/"you get your kicks"

"miss hot stuff"/"mr. hot stuff"

in fact, looking at the alston discography at https://tinyurl.com/2fmqo2 i see several more unfamiliar reid alston titles:

"you got to fight"/"three is a crowd"

"come on with it"/"mr. smith's wife"

"shake your butt"/"caution love ahead"

"just another guy in the band"/"i'm excited"

"you get me up"/"it's hell trying to get to heaven"

anyone heard these???

not a single one of them,

boy, this guy really was productive..

very interesting!

Social source share

Guest Fredrik

Value?!

best,

Stefan

Hi Stefan, bought my copy on ebay for around $10 1,5 or maybe 2 years ago but apart from that I have only ever seen the copy you mention on JM.

The version by Wildflower on Dash seems to be rare too btw.

Social source share

Guest stromberg

Hi Stefan, bought my copy on ebay for around $10 1,5 or maybe 2 years ago but apart from that I have only ever seen the copy you mention on JM.

The version by Wildflower on Dash seems to be rare too btw.

never heard that version, Fredrik.

Any good?

Social source share

I have Come On With It on a 45 Jock. Doesn't turn up much, but should be cheap when it does. Think I paid about £2 for it a few years ago. I prefer it to the Lew Kirton version, but I think I'm in the minority on that one

Hi Gareth,

I said on here before prefer the clarence's version to lew's but then what to i know? would like to have it on a 45 by the way as only have it on his on the job lp and i'm sure i could go to a fiver :thumbup:

Andy

Social source share

I have Come On With It on a 45 Jock. Doesn't turn up much, but should be cheap when it does. Think I paid about £2 for it a few years ago. I prefer it to the Lew Kirton version, but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

Minority of 2 at least then Gareth, I said that when I posted it on here his version shaded it, am big fan of Clarence Reid's recorded output. I have talked to quite a few people on this version and generally discussion has been around it being an LP track so thats a nice surprise, having never really looked for it however on 45 will start now and watch it never turn up!!

Hi Gareth,

I said on here before prefer the clarence's version to lew's but then what to i know? would like to have it on a 45 by the way as only have it on his on the job lp and i'm sure i could go to a fiver :thumbup:

Andy

Minority of 3 then, and with you and Gareth in agreement think we can safely say Mr Hampsey is obviously wrong this time, don't think we get the opportunity to say that much!! :shades:

If I find more than one 45 Andy you can have spare, however think may be a challenge to find one. Soul Bowl may be a reasonable shout if he is still carrying stock as thats where lots of my Miami area 45's came from.

Social source share

I have Come On With It on a 45 Jock. Doesn't turn up much, but should be cheap when it does. Think I paid about £2 for it a few years ago. I prefer it to the Lew Kirton version, but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

I Am Afraid that am also in that Minority Gareth, love the Lew version much more, and my good mate Alan Paterson is also with us, It's Growing mate :thumbup:

Bully!

Social source share

Guest stromberg

Value?!

best,

Stefan

back to topic :shades:biggrin.gif , anyone can put a value on You knock me out ?

Social source share

Guest stromberg

Manship says £10, then that's the price :D

It's all a question of demand and rarity. It's not in demand as far as I know? But if you asked me how much I would pay for it, I would say £70-100?

sure is...

maybe not in-demand now, but wait til a big-name dj plays it :lol: , it has a lot of potential to my ears..

and no, not tempted to sell biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert