Wow! Why Originals Are The Best

Russoul1

hi all, recieved an original copy of "the sharpets - lost in a world of a dream" today cleaned it put it on the

deck and then WOW what a sound and quality, after owning a copy of the bootleg from the late 70s

uptil i got rid a few years ago the quality of sound from the original to that boot was amazing!!

the louder i played it the better it sounded with no lose of fidelity.

so have you owned/own a bootleg/counterfiet that you have replaced with the original copy and

saw a total difference in the quality? any examples?

oh yer another one i remember was that billy arnell-tough girl boot bloody awefull sound quality!!

regards

russ

Social source share

hi all, recieved an original copy of "the sharpets - lost in a world of a dream" today cleaned it put it on the

deck and then WOW what a sound and quality, after owning a copy of the bootleg from the late 70s

uptil i got rid a few years ago the quality of sound from the original to that boot was amazing!!

so have you owned/own a bootleg/counterfiet that you have replaced with the original copy and

oh yer another one i remember was that billy arnell-tough girl boot bloody awefull sound quality!!

regards

russ

"Too Much" - Jimmy Conwell - Gemini. Very dark blue label bootleg is very low sound quality whereas the green label original sounds great!

Social source share

"Too Much" - Jimmy Conwell - Gemini. Very dark blue label bootleg is very low sound quality whereas the green label original sounds great!
not quite mate, i have a original green copy gemini ,the sound quality is aweful the louder play

it the worse it sounds

Social source share

MY JIMMY WAS SAME,SO IS MY M8S.

I WOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT THE SHARPETS FOR YOU BUT I WAS 2ND HIGHEST BIDDER :D

GREAT TUNE :lol:

yes im suprised i got it for the price, weird thing, but lately have been picking up stuff

i thought i would be out bidded on!! but thats ebay some you win some you loose.

regards

russ

Social source share

regards

russ

:thumbsup: The Billy Arnell one was absolutely terrible ! Just couldn't believe it when someone paid £12 for mine on Ebay a couple of years back !

One that i had a similar experience as you with was 'Ron Holden - I'll Forgive & Forget' .

Had the gold & red boot/reissue & sound quality never struck me as being bad, but when played the original it really was 10 x better !!

Social source share

:D The Billy Arnell one was absolutely terrible ! Just couldn't believe it when someone paid £12 for mine on Ebay a couple of years back !

One that i had a similar experience as you with was 'Ron Holden - I'll Forgive & Forget' .

Had the gold & red boot/reissue & sound quality never struck me as being bad, but when played the original it really was 10 x better !!

£12 god that was cheap didnt no sell not long ago for over £100!!!! :lol:

real proper crap recording n label....

Social source share

not quite mate, i have a original green copy gemini ,the sound quality is aweful the louder play

it the worse it sounds

Well maybe you have a bad copy, all the dark blue boots play about a third of the volume as the green originals!

Social source share

Guest mel brat

The majority of bootlegs sounded lousy didn't they? Rita Dacosta on UK Contempo was also dubbed from vinyl however. The original sounds fabulous by comparison!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

it the worse it sounds

i'm with you on that russ, my green original sounds rubbish, you have to really crank it up

shame considering its an awesome record, one of my faves

Social source share

i'm with you on that russ, my green original sounds rubbish, you have to really crank it up

shame considering its an awesome record, one of my faves

At least i'm not alone, had the dark green/blue(?) boot since early/mid 70s finally got around to buying an original & although it's much better than the boot it's very quiet, I always look out for someone looking towards the decks when I play it out in case they think "oh yeah he's playing a bloody boot" !!!!! :thumbsup::)

Social source share

At least i'm not alone, had the dark green/blue(?) boot since early/mid 70s finally got around to buying an original & although it's much better than the boot it's very quiet, I always look out for someone looking towards the decks when I play it out in case they think "oh yeah he's playing a bloody boot" !!!!! :lol::lol:

Well that's strange, my green issue plays loud and clear, not quiet at all. So much different from the dark blue boot!

Social source share

• 6 years later...

Some of my red & black styrene Atlantics are rubbish!.... Barbara Lewis, TSU Toronadoes, Barbara Lynn, they're quiet, distorted, poor definition - and these are records that haven't been hammered. Anybody got any good styrene Atlantics?

I had a few dodgy Atlantic (US) styrene issues, Barbara Lewis "fool, fool, fool" which had distortion (cue burn) for the first 10 seconds and "still remember the feeling" which played with distortion all the way through. I replaced both with vinyl copies but SRTF doesn't play great, maybe a general pressing, mastering fault? Have to say that most of my Atlantic 45's are vinyl.

I've also got a mint condition vinyl Tyrone Davis "please consider me" that plays with distortion throughout.

Dave

Social source share

bloody hell started this thread 7 years ago.....anyway one of the loudest and clearest 45s, not many that you have to turn the volume down on - steve mancha - Friday night - groovesville

unbelievable sound from a 40+ year old piece of vinyl, also possibly the best copy ive seen as most are trashed

Social source share

bloody hell started this thread 7 years ago.....anyway one of the loudest and clearest 45s, not many that you have to turn the volume down on - steve mancha - Friday night - groovesville

unbelievable sound from a 40+ year old piece of vinyl, also possibly the best copy ive seen as most are trashed

Russ, we must get the two sides played out 'back to back' at our next 'Caliente' - I'll provide the "Monday through Thursday" side, you provide the "Friday Night" side!  :yes:

Ray

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!