Four Tracks

Bid on the Four Tracks on the Bay last night, well early hours of this morning actually, I got outbid :D

Actually outbid by more than one person, Sellar with big feedback, high % posative, and good photo clearly showing Archer stamp in run off.

Looked cocha :thumbsup:

Today I recieve second chance offer!

Considering I was not 2nd highest bidder, how many copies do you reckon he has, or how many peeps backed off

What d'ya think

M.

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bid on the Four Tracks on the Bay last night, well early hours of this morning actually, I got outbid angry.gif

Actually outbid by more than one person, Sellar with big feedback, high % posative, and good photo clearly showing Archer stamp in run off.

Looked cocha :ohmy:

Today I recieve second chance offer!

Considering I was not 2nd highest bidder, how many copies do you reckon he has, or how many peeps backed off

What d'ya think

M.

Who's the seller? Might serve as aclue ?? :huh::g:

Social source share

Too good to be true kind of price if you ask me. Strange thing is that the high bidder is a well known and respected seller (from the same Michigan area as well!) so I really can`t believe she is not paying for her win.

So four (!) options,

one the high bidder is the same real person as the seller and this high bid was only some kind of "reserve" (to safe the fees for that) and she now decided to sell at that price (your high bid),

two the high bidder does not intend to pay (very unlikely) and is a different person as the seller,

three the seller has indeed multiple copies (very very much unlikely),

four its a fraud

Your best bet would be to get in contact with motorcitymusic(@aol.com if I remember correctly) to ask about the situation before you do any mistakes wink.gif

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

https://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZm.spivens

There,Tony if link works..

Marc, I Looked. Yeah, not as rare but your point is? No idea who seller is but Motorcity have bid on other 45s I've been interested in so why would they be in cahoots with seller or withdraw their bid if not.

I reckon the guy has found a few copies and knows bugger all about 45s so just bought whatever,rare or not,and listed them.

ROD

Social source share

Hi all

I was also one of the bidders, I was very tempted as I would like to

replace my Vg copy. The condition of the scanned label looks superb.

I have checked Popsike and this scan is not there so seemed genuine

enough. However I have also had a second chance offer at $700 !!

What do you do? I would only hope If genuine that Its not another

Clara Hardy situation, do you go for It or wait.

The only thing that seems strange is that the winner, who we all know

is a dealer, had a winning bid of $1100 approx, Marks been offered a

copy or two for $1000 and I have been offered a couple at $700.

So how many are there cos' I know If I payed $1100 for a copy and

lived near the seller I might be pi**ed off If others were being offered

them a lot cheaper.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I've just been offered a couple too! 25 count box perhaps?         

( PS Mark it's Kosher, not cocha!  :ohmy: )

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

And me!

I'd be quick though cos motorcity music will have the lot if he finds them first, then there will be 4 a year for the next 6 years :lol:

Just been told by a reliable source that the guy has found 100. He has offered me a couple at $700 each but if the 100 figure is correct then I reckon the price could be lower than $700 before long.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Just been told by a reliable source that the guy has found 100. He has offered me a couple at $700 each but if the 100 figure is correct then I reckon the price could be lower than $700 before long.

He's getting cadgey now. I think he knows the cat's got out the bag. Offered me 'em at two for $1500. I ain't paying that if the above info is pukka. $500 per copy, max. Think we should all stick out for $500, and scupper him! ( looks like everywhere ya go, very soon your gonna be hearing this! :lol:)

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe some of you lot !

Even if he's got 200, it still remains a very rare record ! Where's your perspective on this !

The northern scene has been through this scenario countless times over the years.

Once they've all been absorbed by collectors, the market value will be back at the previous level. The demand on this record will always outstrip supply.

If any of you have been offered a "twofer" at a bulk price by this seller - as some of you have indicated by your posts - but you only want or can afford one, then PM me and I'll take one and you keep the other.

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Even if he's got 200, it still remains a very rare record ! Where's your perspective on this !

The northern scene has been through this scenario countless times over the years.

Once they've all been absorbed by collectors, the market value will be back at the previous level. The demand on this record will always outstrip supply.

If any of you have been offered a "twofer" at a bulk price by this seller - as some of you have indicated by your posts - but you only want or can afford one, then PM me and I'll take one and you keep the other.

Couldnt agree more.Several years ago "numerous" Eula Coopers turned up and the price slumped..........try buying that now for £50/90 that it went down to.

Social source share

I don't think anyone has said that he is doing anything wrong, everyone I know that has dealt with him says that he is 100% ok. I think the people who have posted have done it more to stop people buying at a high price and then finding later they could have had it cheaper. I know there is always this risk when buying records but I don't suppose the guy who has just paid over $2000 will be happy when he hears that he could have bought it last week at a buy it now price of $600.

If 200 copies of a record turning up is not going to effect prices how come Danny Moore now struggles to sell at £40? A friend of mine bought a Clara Hardy for $1400 (18 months ago) and is not happy that the price now is down to $240 and he is still putting up a copy a week. This friend loves the record but knows that if the record is ever sold there is not much chance of getting back the price paid.

When people put up posts like the ones on this thread its more just a sharing of information than a slagging off of the seller. In my opinion.

Mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert