Jm Final Auction Prices 13th Feb

Jim G

Here you go boys and girls, the results from today's auction

Little Tommy - Baby Can't You See - Sound of Soul £1,309

Candi Staton - Now You're Got The Upper Hand - Unity £757

Sharon McMann - Got To Find Another Guy c/w Hello Stranger (instru.) - Karen £679

Purple Mundi - Stop Hurting Me Baby - Cat £608

Little Richie - Just Another Heartache - Sound Stage 7 £505

John Minnis - I Want Your Love - John Minnis Music £359

Gene Woodbury - Ever Again c/w That's Not Half Bad - Del Val £357

Earl Jackson - Soul Self Satisfaction - Abc promo £357

Tokays - Baby, Baby, Baby (You're My Heart's Desire) - Brute £352

Father's Angels - Bok To Bach - MGM DEMO £308

Cajun Hart - Got To Find A Way - Warner Bros promo £306

Bobby Womack - Nothing You Can Do (vocal & instrumental) - Him £246

Trade Martin - She Put The Hurt On Me - Stallion £167

Valentinos - It's All Over Now - Soul City DEMO £135

Four Reputation - Call On Me - Millage £130

£6,575 would have bought the lot!

And, I even sorted them in price order for you.

Edited by jim g
Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

my 2d worth...

in todays market place they seem all ok prices however why the rarest record by a mile only fetched £757 will remain until the next time another Northern Soul Mystery. :huh: gobsmacked

Totally agree Paul. With some of the previous prices i've seen going on John's lists, this lot seem 'cheap' (for want of a better word). :ohmy:

Maybe the pennie's dropped regarding 'overvalued' vinyl and an economic slump is on it's way! (Just like in the States). unsure.gif

C U Saturday!

Social source share

I always assumed that the Four Reputations was a tough tune, due to reversed labels and being mostly sent back to the pressing plant, then recut and put out on AMM (though not considered as good a version, by many). Please correct me on this one

Des Parker

I rate it around £400, tough one doesn't come up fro sale to often, I'd have bid at that price, in my top ten probably!!! And Little Tommy over £1k shades.gif

Social source share

my 2d worth...

in todays market place they seem all ok prices however why the rarest record by a mile only fetched £757 will remain until the next time another Northern Soul Mystery. :ohmy: gobsmacked

and Little Tommy fetches nearly twice as much, summat not right in this strange world of northern soul!!!! I know which one of the two I'd want ph34r.gif I'd then go out and spend £20 on Luv'H, better record for me than BCYS.

Social source share

my 2d worth...

in todays market place they seem all ok prices however why the rarest record by a mile only fetched £757 will remain until the next time another Northern Soul Mystery. :ohmy: gobsmacked

Love the Candi Staton, it's one that always stays in the playbox.

Thought the Tokays was a bit cheap too unsure.gif

Social source share

Guest recordman

Totally agree Paul. With some of the previous prices i've seen going on John's lists, this lot seem 'cheap' (for want of a better word). :ohmy:

Maybe the pennie's dropped regarding 'overvalued' vinyl and an economic slump is on it's way! (Just like in the States). unsure.gif

C U Saturday!

Good to see prices at least on this list of auction prices are more realistic

Were all gettin' older More tunes will come out of collections in the forthcoming months

and years and I expect this gradual slide on prices to continue

Lets face it , You cant take them with you ! Or can you ?

Social source share

Were all gettin' older More tunes will come out of collections in the forthcoming months

I intend to wicked.gif

Social source share

some of them more realistic yes....I don't consider Little Tommy to be a realistic price...but then again not me spending the money. Sure he would have got next one on ebay for lot less than that.

Social source share

some of them more realistic yes....I don't consider Little Tommy to be a realistic price...but then again not me spending the money. Sure he would have got next one on ebay for lot less than that.

Never got one and not likely to at this rate....Im sticking with the lp version.

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

Candi Staton £757 still seems reasonable for this TRUE classic, sold my last one to Rick Scott for £20 in 76 when it was booted.....never learn do we....... :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert