Label Designs.which Record /release Has The Most

Gasher

Spin off of another thread

which record has the most different label designs??

not including boots..all legit demos and issues

Towanda and total destruction..Romark..wear your natural baby.. has 4

Emory Dynamics..peachtree ..lets take a look ..has 3

any releases with more..or am i being a bore :blush

the gasher :)

Edited by gash99
Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does Emory & Dynamics really have 4? I thought we just agreed on having spotted 3 different ones? Possibly there are more, but is it confirmed?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

two white demos

and  green/peach  issue your right sorry

i thought there was a red one too..my mistake

the gasher

link

There might be a red one (there might be a pink and gold one too, however unlikely it may seem :) ), but it has yet to be confirmed by anyone. The reason I thought such an issue might exist is that the demo comes in both designs, so why not the issue? The Karen and Carla labels have some titles that come in many different designs. I have identified at least 6 different label designs of a Deon Jackson record.

Social source share

There are many examples of 4 types of lables particularly with east / west coast pressing plants being used and using different lables and distiguishing issues and demos. What to me is funny is something like the Superlatives ISLY with Yellow and Blue version of the same lable but identical in all other respects (except price of course).

Social source share

Emory & Dynamics can't have been on all-red Peachtree as that was the 70s label design (started 1972). "Let's take a look" is 1969 ph34r.gif

link

Never say never, that is a golden rule in record collecting. With your logic the plain white demo shouldn't exist either, but it does. It has the same label design as the plain red issues and if they were not introduced until later it is unlikely that the demo of the same design would have been earlier.

Social source share

Al Williams "I am nothing"

Red Palmer, White Palmer, Red Labeat w/ grey drums, Red Labeat w/ black drums, White Labeat

link

Has the red Palmer release been confirmed to exist? Or to be more precise, has an issue copy on Palmer ever been accurately identified? Since I don't know what it might look like I dare not presume it is red. Has anyone actually seen one?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

<--- Harry Starr "If this is goodbye"

White Vinyl IPG credited to Harry Starr (don't know of anymore of these. Has anyone else got a demo?)

Red Vinyl IPG credited to Harry & The Keyavas

Red Styrene IPG credited to Harry & The Keyavas

Red Styrene IPG Credited to Harry

...and probably more

Social source share

Tim Ashibendi said he had seen at least 6 label designs of the Velvet Satins and Jim Wensiora had 4 off Paris blues whistling.gif

link

Tim would know as it's one of his all time faves, if not No 1 as I recall.

Also Lashawn Collins - at least three or four colours on that - red, yellow, green, blue etc. sorry cannot remember them all now...

Social source share

What worries me is when playing any of these out, which would be regarded as the original to allow only the real deal to be played. I for one would not like to pay to attend any soul do and find the DJ playing the non first pressing plant copy. :D

Paul

Edited by Paul r
Social source share

Spin off of another thread

which record has the most different label designs??

not including boots..all legit demos and issues

Towanda and total destruction..Romark..wear your natural baby.. has 4

Emory Dynamics..peachtree ..lets take a look ..has 3

any releases with more..or am i being a bore :blush

the gasher whistling.gif

link

Gloria taylor- Youve got to pay the price- came out on 3 different labels King Soul/Glo Whizz/and I cannot remember the last one but I can picture the bloody thing in my head :angry: Al downings medley of soul was on the same label(Quite coloufull)

Social source share

<--- Harry Starr "If this is goodbye"

White Vinyl IPG credited to Harry Starr (don't know of anymore of these. Has anyone else got a demo?)

Red Vinyl IPG credited to Harry & The Keyavas

Red Styrene IPG credited to Harry & The Keyavas

Red Styrene IPG Credited to Harry

...and probably more

link

Don't think I've ever seen one credited to Harry "Starr" thumbsup.gif HAve you got it Billy, got a scan when your lad doing nowt :lol:

Social source share

Gloria taylor- Youve got to pay the price- came out on 3 different labels King Soul/Glo Whizz/and I cannot remember the last one but I can picture the bloody thing in my head :angry: Al downings medley of soul was on the same label(Quite coloufull)

link

Silver Fox?

Don't think I've ever seen one credited to Harry "Starr"  :thumbsup:   HAve you got it Billy, got a scan when your lad doing nowt  :lol:

link

Yes got one :thumbsup: think we've got a scan on file..... Will PM you in 5 :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert