Emmit Long

I heard Emmit Long "Call me" get a play in the last hour at Sherridans on Sunday...F"ck me it sounded fantastic....As anyone else heard it get a play anywhere....I think soul function cd soundtracks brought a few tracks out from the cold...

Calvin Grayson.... you've got to be willing

Steve Mancha.... Friday night..

Charles Mann.... Shonuff no funny stuff love..

etc...

Any prices on Emmit long folks and Charles Mann???????

Will the soundtrack mean a return for the joker :) Can't f"cking stand it but i bet it would still fill the floor at some venues...

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest rachel

I heard Emmit Long "Call me" get a play in the last hour at Sherridans on Sunday...F"ck me it sounded fantastic....

link

It did sound good... must have done if I was dancing at that time in the morning :)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Gashster is about right on the Emmitt Long and the Charles Mann shouldn't be much more than £15/£20 plenty of those around Stevie :)

John

Social source share

I heard Emmit Long "Call me" get a play in the last hour at Sherridans on Sunday...F"ck me it sounded fantastic....As anyone else heard it get a play anywhere....

Last heard it in Oslo courtesy of Chris B (I think) and a f**kin good one it is too.

Actually been listening to it a lot on the PC over the last week.

Social source share

Lovely tune. If you like it you might go for Clarence Townsend "I Found A New Love" sounds a bit like Emmit Long, the way it would have sounded if they had injected it with testosterone and speed! :) I am serious btw. :)

Social source share

Lovely tune. If you like it you might go for Clarence Townsend "I Found A New Love" sounds a bit like Emmit Long, the way it would have sounded if they had injected it with testosterone and speed! :)   I am serious btw. :)

link

Any soud files mate....Hope to make it over this year sometime..Can you pm me with any dates.. :)

Social source share

I wouldn't put the Emmitt Long as a mid '70s record. It sounds late '60s to me. Found a small number of these from a source in Ohio a few years ago. Don't know how they ended up there, as I have been told it's from the Bronx. The vendor knew that they were valuable, but I still got a pretty good deal on them. It was a hard one to sell over the years, and I could have done with a release on CD to help things along! Fantastic record, though.

Social source share

I heard Emmit Long "Call me" get a play in the last hour at Sherridans on Sunday...F"ck me it sounded fantastic....As anyone else heard it get a play anywhere....I think soul function cd soundtracks brought a few tracks out from the cold...

link

Played during the first hour too...or was it the second hour? Paul Sadot any roads :thumbsup:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

What? :thumbsup: CT's a 60s classy dancer, EL's an odd (but very good) mid-70s number.

CT is one of the best sounds going IMO - BRILL ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

link

I think the production and overall sound is similar, especially the horn blasts and parts of the arrangement, only CT is much faster, punchier and a bit agro, hence my joke abot injecting Emmitt Long with speed and testosterone. I thought Emmitt Long was from the Carolinas somewhere, for some reason. I can't prove it in any way, but was told or read somewhere that this was the case. I think Ady Pearce discovered it and I think he said it was Carolinas. Think Bobby Rich and other tunes from the Carolinas which have a very dated sound for the time they were recorded, early- to mid 70's. I think CT could be (though not saying it is) an early 70's recording btw.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert