Miss Dd Phillips,hey Little Girl,on E-bay,oz Festival

De-to

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just found this on e-bore is it a bargain or not???,im skint so cannot afford it sad.gif:ohmy: ,

Not for me. I probably paid $2 for mine in a Sydney shop, back when they were next to nothing and I wasn't fussed about giving records away (seems a hell of a long time ago now :thumbup: ). A good mate called Frank is a keen Oz soul collector and spotted it going through some of my records and really wanted it. Unexpectedly, he gave me a bunch of US trades back. But the real surprise came when he finally found another and gave me this record back as a gift.

So this record always makes me smile and remember a kind friend :thumbup:

m

Social source share

Not for me. I probably paid $2 for mine in a Sydney shop, back when they were next to nothing and I wasn't fussed about giving records away (seems a hell of a long time ago now :thumbup: ). A good mate called Frank is a keen Oz soul collector and spotted it going through some of my records and really wanted it. Unexpectedly, he gave me a bunch of US trades back. But the real surprise came when he finally found another and gave me this record back as a gift.

So this record always makes me smile and remember a kind friend :ohmy:

m

great reply,i love it, :thumbup:rolleyes.gif:ohmy:
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Lots....

About 6-8 45's.

You sussing out me moniker?

Ya cheeky begger.

:huh:

No mate, just being curious ! It's just that I'm in Sydney and this guy is "known" around the traps here , so to speak. The record collecting scene Down Under is much smaller and incestuous than in the UK ....

I know you have excellent taste in music so was just wondering what you snapped up :ohmy::unsure: Did you get Aussie label stuff ?

Social source share

No mate, just being curious ! It's just that I'm in Sydney and this guy is "known" around the traps here , so to speak. The record collecting scene Down Under is much smaller and incestuous than in the UK ....

I know you have excellent taste in music so was just wondering what you snapped up :huh::ohmy: Did you get Aussie label stuff ?

Ah! I've been in Sydney. Worked In North Ryde for a short while with my old firm and developed a bit of a penchant for Aussie label stuff. I tend to buy just about anything I can get my hands on - The vinyl seems so superior and I love the label artwork.

This guy has turned up some really nice stuff lately (had a few Motown, Stateside (Issues & Demos) and Festival things off him). Reckon he must be a bit of a hero - but was shocked the other week to find he'd rated the pack of stuff at 350 dollars - Pretty sure the customs here treated it as pounds sterling!

Still, it's only Money... and its still cheaper than a plane ticket these days! :yes:

:unsure:

Sean

Social source share

Ah! I've been in Sydney. Worked In North Ryde for a short while with my old firm and developed a bit of a penchant for Aussie label stuff. I tend to buy just about anything I can get my hands on - The vinyl seems so superior and I love the label artwork.

This guy has turned up some really nice stuff lately (had a few Motown, Stateside (Issues & Demos) and Festival things off him). Reckon he must be a bit of a hero - but was shocked the other week to find he'd rated the pack of stuff at 350 dollars - Pretty sure the customs here treated it as pounds sterling!

Still, it's only Money... and its still cheaper than a plane ticket these days! :huh:

:ohmy:

Sean

I come back home every Easter and popped into a couple of Sydney record shops this week - but there's nothing left :D

...although Arthur bought a couple of bits :thumbsup:

m

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert