So, Your Significant Other Has Left You

Guest Mark Holmes

Guest Mark Holmes

When the significant one grabs their hat and checks out what would you play first (realizing that most people don't have a copy of "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" in their box)

Would it be sappy and treacly like "If You Loved Me". (Peggy Marh) {if you have one in yer box}

Begging and Pleading like "Won't you come back Home" (Pauline Shivers), "I've Had It" George Smith

Or would it be big, and strong like "I Can Take Care of Myself" (Gene Chandler), Be's That Way Soemtimes (Scientists of Soul), Isn't it just a shame (Kenny Wells)?

Social source share

• Replies 67
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

When the significant one grabs their hat and checks out what would you play first (realizing that most people don't have a copy of "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" in their box)

Would it be sappy and treacly like "If You Loved Me". (Peggy Marh) {if you have one in yer box}

Begging and Pleading like "Won't you come back Home" (Pauline Shivers), "I've Had It" George Smith

Or would it be big, and strong like "I Can Take Care of Myself" (Gene Chandler), Be's That Way Soemtimes (Scientists of Soul), Isn't it just a shame (Kenny Wells)?

First record i got after split from wife was from Watnall Sunday Market,

copy of Vibrations' - Gonna Get Along Without You Now.

rather apt i think ;-)

steve

Edited by ste
Social source share

When i finally got rid of my ex hubbie...the only record that sprung to mind was Hooray..Hooray ..Its A Holi Holi Day...BonyM...... :unsure::rolleyes: ..sorry :lol: ...Delxx

Social source share

It has to be the ultimate guy's 'I don't really give a shit' record....and that goes to...

EDDIE PARKER - 'I'M GONE' (I know your saying 'she's gone' but you get the drift when you listen to the lyrics). :rolleyes:

"... I dont need no woman always telling me what to do.."

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

the best 'good thing she's gone' song of all time is the 21st - the sun came out on Joy.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Karmello Brooks "Tell me baby"

Great advice!

"Should I forget this thing we call a romance?

Or should I give you back your ring in advance?

No good trying to hold onto someone you love,

when that someone you love is no-more.

What do you tell all your gruesome friends,

when they enquire as to how I've been?

Tell them I'm doing fine, I've reached the end of the line"

Top stuff!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Brian J

Cookie Scott - I Don't Care

The Bobbettes - Having Fun

Bill Pinkney - Don't Call me

Brenda Holloway - I'll Be Available

Butlers - Laugh Laugh Laugh

Catalinas - Aint No Big Thing

Diane Lewis - I Thank You Kindly

:rolleyes::unsure::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Blindingly obvious, ain't it - 'She blew a good thing' - The Poets :rolleyes:

Social source share

Bobby Valentin - Bad Breath - fania records

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Guest DELORENZO

Although it was me who left the relationship (for reasons not said), the record between us both for that occasion was Bobby Paris - I Walked Away, she couldn't even listen to the thing, because she made it our leaving/splitting up song.

She was a beautiful person, and my loss :thumbup:

Social source share

'Don't Come Crying To Me' (Roy Hamilton - Epic?) 'cos 'Some Thing's Are Better Left Unsaid' (Ketty Lester - RCA) but 'I feel In My Heart' (Mary Wheeler - Atom) so, not forgetting that, 'Can't lose My Head' (George Blackwell - Smoke) and .. all said & done 'Tomorrow Is Another Day' (Joey Heatherton - Decca). After all, what's the point of experiencing a 'Blue Prelude' (Roy Hamilton - Epic) when 'It Ain't Necessary' (Mamie Galore - St Lawrence).

:thumbsup:

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

Bobby Reed - I'll find a way AND/OR Holland-Dozier-Holland - Why can't we be lovers.

I speak from experience (although it was a very, very long time ago)

:thumbsup: Chris L

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Isnt that when she came back? :unsure:

Not soul but how about "Who are you" The Who.

:D if she played her cards right....we digress :lol: So Long - Marvin Gaye....althought that's him walking out the door - which is more appropriate in my case :D:D:D Jo

Social source share

See the big man cry ..... :D

I,m walking.................. :lol:

House for sale.............. :D

Party time man.............. :unsure:

Girls are out to get you... :D

steve

Social source share

Reminds me of a Dj spot I heard ages ago at a local venue. The DJ played a load of what I call 'emo soul' the ones that spring to mind were 'love slipped through my fingers'followed by 'it'll never be over for me' and then House for sale came on - the guy next to me ( I didn't know) leaned over and said "bloody hell, do you reckon he's just split with his Mrs".. I absolutely fell about laughing as the DJ was / is a good mate and had just split with his mrs. :unsure:

anyway, I digress,

Curtis Mayfield - you've been cheating

The Supreme's - you just keep me hangin on spring to mind... for all the ladies out there!. :D

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

If you still love her it's:

'You better come home' - James Kirk

If you hate her it's:

'Evil' - Posse '...get away get away get away from me!'

If you intend to stalk her and her new boyfriend it's:

'You can't get away' - Johnny McCall 'you can't get away because i'm right behind you...' :D

Social source share

Sam Dees "After All". If the missus left you and you stuck this on, it would either sort you out or finish you off Mark

Kev

Social source share

Guest posstot

The best move you could possibly make...Just as she Grabs her coat and slams the door, you open the window and slam on joe tex, Ain't gonna bump no more, with no big fat woman!!!

See Ya!!! :D:unsure::lol::D

Social source share

" Shaddup Ya Face " - Joe Dolce .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

bileo you can win got me thru a rough patch recently.........among other things :lol:

dave

Good call Dave.

Always play that when I need cheering up.

:lol:

Prince Philip Mitchel - Im so happy

:lol: Wish I'd thought of playing that when me & the ex split.

" Shaddup Ya Face " - Joe Dolce .......

Malc Burton

You know Malc that records so bloody bad it's an absoloute classic.

Not only that but it kept Vienna by Ultravox off the no 1 spot so it deserves it's place in the hall of fame.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert