kevinsoulman

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

asked him how many he had and he replied, these are just a few out of the first box and i have approx half a million new 45s in boxes if you or any one else wants them. he has pictures of the boxes and some of the 45s if some of you dealers are interested.

kev

Edited by kevinsoulman
Social source share

Should be 1/11d

Does it matter what price it should be ?? still played at the right time in a set it ramms the floor, so people must still want to hear it, yet i still see people play it at the wrong time in a set :ohmy::yes:

Bloke on our market sells it for £3 and Robert John uk issues/demos for £3 too :yes::shades: probably their true value but floor fillers at the right time :thumbsup:

Social source share

Every DJ should have one in the box for that moment you need a pee, its long enough to cue up, get to the bog and get back again perfect for emergencies.

Good tip from a fellow Somerset soulie....

Seriously it was a major distributed record, so probably no surprises that someone has found a box with some copies in from an old distributor or something.

Steve

Social source share

Good tip from a fellow Somerset soulie....

Seriously it was a major distributed record, so probably no surprises that someone has found a box with some copies in from an old distributor or something.

Steve

I found a hundred count box of 'em in Stafford in the early 80's and couldn't give 'em away then!

Ian D

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

I found a hundred count box of 'em in Stafford in the early 80's and couldn't give 'em away then!

Ian D

Hi Ian

Dont you mean TELFORD???

Social source share

Our lass always rec's it sounds too Country like a "Line Dancing" record. so one night we put a YouTube video on of a bunch of "Yeehars", turned the vol down, I put TB on... and low and behold they danced to it perfectly! So I have to agree wid our lass.... Its a "Line Dancing" record! :lol:

steve

heard the Del-Royals a few weeks back and have to say imho it sounded a lot better then TB

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

Our lass always rec's it sounds too Country like a "Line Dancing" record. so one night we put a YouTube video on of a bunch of "Yeehars", turned the vol down, I put TB on... and low and behold they danced to it perfectly! So I have to agree wid our lass.... Its a "Line Dancing" record! :lol:

steve

heard the Del-Royals a few weeks back and have to say imho it sounded a lot better then TB

Social source share

Guest CliftonHall1

Quality record from the Undisputed Truth main man.

A monster track from Clifton Hall days for Richard.

Knowledgeable crowd and not a line dancer to be seen!

Social source share

Guest biggray1

WILSON PICKETT DOES A CRACKIN VERSION TOO,ITS TUCKED AWAY ON A 80S MOTOWN Lp,will have a dig and post a soundfile later. but the Del-royals is the best version imo.

Social source share

Quality record from the Undisputed Truth main man.

A monster track from Clifton Hall days for Richard.

Knowledgeable crowd and not a line dancer to be seen!

Loved the Undisputed Truth, esp. their Motown stuff before Norman Whitfield took them to his own label. And indeed loved Tyrone's Mah's sides at Mike Hank's label along with fellow UT member Calvin Stephenson in the Magictones, Also loved Magictones "Happy Days" disc at Arman Boladian's Westbound label. Not wanting to upset the knowledgeable ones... but it still a "line dancer" to me, just me opinion, we all have 'em

steve

ps. main man for me in Undisputed Truth gotta be Joe Harris, his lead vocals blew me away!

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

I think I've only ever heard the TB version - which I think is a top tune. Have you a soundclip of the DR's please Steve.

Thanks

Think Lou Rawls version was LP only, its slowy dreadful..

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

nope, came out on a 45.... used to have one... may still have it in the loft....

i standly corrected, every time i hear it i have a look at the decks to just check they haven't the wrong speed setting, always the LP version. Sold a tyrone B Demo recently for a bag of peanuts!

Social source share

Just for interest, sorry can't do sound clip. Much prefer Del Royals although that could simply be because I'm not as tired of it. Do like Lou Rawls too but more a home listen, def not a dancer for me. Think Del Royals goes for anywhere £30-£40, not sure about Lou, don't see this exchange much - that could always be because nobody wants it, but what I do in the comfort of my home is my business!

post-5677-1203257070_thumb.jpg

post-5677-1203257493_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dean
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert