Robby Lawson

Guest sadsam

I was in a record shop the other day looking through his 60s box, when i pulled up a copy of BURNING SENSATION by ROBBY LAWSON on KYSER now, iv'e never had any interest in bootlegs, but the only boots ive seen of this have been the pink ones from the 70s, the ones with the boberly label. But this one was on a flat pressed, nice printed Kyser label, and it was pressed on vinyl. I know the original is white & red, but i was just wondering what this one was. And before some one out there, posts up they have have a rare copy on Sirtites its been done. Thanks SAM.

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was in a record shop the other day looking through his 60s box, when i pulled up a copy of BURNING SENSATION by ROBBY LAWSON on KYSER now, iv'e never had any interest in bootlegs, but the only boots ive seen of this have been the pink ones from the 70s, the ones with the boberly label. But this one was on a flat pressed, nice printed Kyser label, and it was pressed on vinyl. I know the original is white & red, but i was just wondering what this one was. And before some one out there, posts up they have have a rare copy on Sirtites its been done. Thanks SAM.

Aren't the yellow ones original demos ?

Just winding you up, no idea really :rolleyes::thumbsup:wicked.gif:lol:

Social source share

The yellow ones were Booted some time after the Pink ones (a few years).

They'll be somewhat 'rarer' than the 'Pink' pressings which sold in their thousands.

Nevertheless... it's a late 70's or early 80's boot.

I think the yellow boots have better sound quality than the pink ones, which sound horrible.

Social source share

I think the yellow boots have better sound quality than the pink ones, which sound horrible.

Exactly - the yellow boots have the complete version of Burning Sensation. The pink boots take the third bar from the intro and play that three times as the intro - in other words, it goes straight into the fast part of the intro without the slow build-up.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Nah Mel, Pink 'Monarch' Pressing was first!

Wouldn't catch the guy that did 'em pressing up something that had already been done.

Yellow was later... and done 'elsewhere'.

I stand corrected.

(I despise bootleggers anyway! :D = :yes:)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert