Spyder Turner "i'm Alive With A Loving Feeling"

• Replies 21
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

French only? I have known the track a long time but never paid it much attention, I heard it out recently and it sounded great (might even have been Andy Dyson who played it, but not sure). Saw it listed in a discography as.

MGM 14263 - I Can't Make It Anymore / I'm Alive With A Lovin' Feeling

Can't say that I have seen it, but since I have never looked for it, I wouldn't know.

Social source share

French only? I have known the track a long time but never paid it much attention, I heard it out recently and it sounded great (might even have been Andy Dyson who played it, but not sure). Saw it listed in a discography as.

MGM 14263 - I Can't Make It Anymore / I'm Alive With A Lovin' Feeling

Can't say that I have seen it, but since I have never looked for it, I wouldn't know.

link

sorry the French one was an E.P.

Not an easy one to find.........any 45 format. The MGM 45 is the blue and gold coloured label.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest Soultown andy

I bought the french ep,mint condition ps about 6 mths ago for 125 quid,gave it to

Kev Murphy for his birthday.Dont know if that helps christian.

Social source share

Thanks a lot for replies. So there is a U.S. 45, but it's hard to find. Typical. :) The EP is beautiful eye candy, but the sound quality on EP's is usually lower than on 45's unfortunately. Anyone have a scan of the U.S. 45 on MGM?

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Thanks a lot for replies. So there is a U.S. 45, but it's hard to find. Typical. whistling.gif   The EP is beautiful eye candy, but the sound quality on EP's is usually lower than on 45's unfortunately. Anyone have a scan of the U.S. 45 on MGM?

link

if this is the track i'm thinking of (i'm a bit poor on 6ts!) the original is LP only and the ep and 7" are reissues (the US 7" is obviously a much later reissue cos it's the more recent label design - there's a photo/review of it in the soul up north fanzine from the beginning of this year)

a mate of mine has a copy of the LP for sale in nice condition and so if anyone wants it PM me and i'll put you in touch

Social source share

if this is the track i'm thinking of (i'm a bit poor on 6ts!) the original is LP only and the ep and 7" are reissues (the US 7" is obviously a much later reissue cos it's the more recent label design - there's a photo/review of it in the soul up north fanzine from the beginning of this year)

a mate of mine has a copy of the LP for sale in nice condition and so if anyone wants it PM me and i'll put you in touch

link

===========

it was on dennis brennans auction from january

some on soul sauce got it..

im not sure it ever came out but the scan looked genuine enough

Social source share

if this is the track i'm thinking of (i'm a bit poor on 6ts!) the original is LP only and the ep and 7" are reissues (the US 7" is obviously a much later reissue cos it's the more recent label design

Indeed.

Release info for the two "I Can't Make It Anymore" releases:

1967 - MGM 13692 - I Can't Make It Anymore / Don't Hold Back

1971 - MGM 14263 - I Can't Make It Anymore / I'm Alive With A Lovin' Feeling

Social source share

===========

it was on dennis brennans auction from january

some on soul sauce got it..

im not sure it ever came out but the scan looked genuine enough

link

As said on other site have seen the 45, its in Andy D's collection, fantastic record, always assumed LP only, was wondering do you think its passed everyone by because the original of the other side is so easy to obtain??

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

I must admit i've only ever had this copy , although copies must be kicking around ! it is of course a later release but a reissue surely not it has the different flip as mentioned , i'll have to play the can't make it - side and compare it with the earlier number if me memory serves me right the mix is different !!

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I must admit i've only ever had this copy , although copies must be kicking around  ! it is  of course a later release but a reissue surely not it has the different flip as mentioned , i'll have to play the can't make it - side and compare it with the earlier number if me memory serves me right the mix is different !!

link

btw andy, i didn't mean to be derogatory saying the US 7" is a reissue because it is a really nice item and obviously very hard to get. imho there's no doubt whatsoever that it's genuine cos its the proper blue/gold label which wouldn't be viable to boot.

never occurred to me it might be a different mix (or maybe even a re-recording)

if so, i eat my words whistling.gif

can someone advise the value of the LP?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert