Value - Any Ideas?

Howdo folks!

I'll be selling a copy of Universal Love - It's You Girl soon on Glades 7" but have no idea of the value. Bought it years ago for pennies blush.gif and have never seen it on a sales list anywhere!

I've put a guesstimate on my listings of £40, am I anywhere near?

I'm sure one of you guys / gals will have it seen it somewhere and have a better idea...

Here's hoping!

Cheers,

Sam

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Remember seeing one on a list on here at £50 I think. There was also one on ebay a few months ago. I considered bidding as I thought it might be in the same vein as Jerry Washington, but I didn't. Think it went for about $50.

Mark yes.gif

link

Cheers Mark! laugh.gif

You said you'd seen one on E-Bay a bit back... How come I didn't see it? I use the worldwide tab...

I think there's something I'm not doing as I never seem to see any from the US, altho I see from threads on here that many do?

Any advice on searching on E-Bay..?

Cheers,

Sam

Social source share

Howdo folks!

I'll be selling a copy of Universal Love - It's You Girl soon on Glades 7" but have no idea of the value. Bought it years ago for pennies  laugh.gif and have never seen it on a sales list anywhere!

I've put a guesstimate on my listings of £40, am I anywhere near?

I'm sure one of you guys / gals will have it seen it somewhere and have a better idea...

Here's hoping!

Cheers,

Sam

link

Tim Brown's book values it at 250 yes.gif

Social source share

Guest taffy

I don't know Taff - maybe less as a number of people do not recognise 12s as a "valid" vinyl format  :D

link

don't recognise or are they just ignorant to the fact steve :rolleyes::huh:

Social source share

i paid £250 for my copy years ago and since sold one for £250 also.

thats what i rate it at..when you compare it to the likes on Channel 3 ..sweetest thing.

at £200 it pisses quality all over it.

the gasher

12" should be no more than £30-40 - and many copies are warped.

Girf

link

Social source share

Guest Adam G

i paid £250 for my copy years ago and since sold one for £250 also.

thats what i rate it at..when you compare it to the likes on Channel 3 ..sweetest thing.

at £200 it pisses quality all over it.

the gasher

link

The only thing that lets it down for me is the bass spoken bit towards the end other than that a great little record that personaly I like better than the Jerry Washington.I think the disco collectors chase it for Moonride side.Usually on eBay for around $100.

Adam

Social source share

The only thing that lets it down for me is the bass spoken bit towards the end other than that a great little record that personaly I like better than the Jerry Washington.I think the disco collectors chase it for Moonride side.Usually on eBay for around $100.

Adam

link

Agree there with the "better than Jerry Washington" Adam - and I think the disco guys prefer Its You Girl to Moonride.

£250 for the 45 though Gasher - are you sure??? Manship books at £25 but I would put the 45 at £75 - £100 tops.

Girf

Social source share

Agree there with the "better than Jerry Washington" Adam - and I think the disco guys prefer Its You Girl to Moonride.

£250 for the 45 though Gasher - are you sure??? Manship books at £25 but I would put the 45 at £75 - £100 tops.

MANSHIP OBVIOUSLY MISSED OUT A ZERO..HAHA BROWNY RATES IT AT £250 ALSO

AND AS FOR AM I SURE????IM SCOTTISH SO WHEN IT COMES TO CASH IM ABSOLUTLEY POSITIVE MATE ..

I KNOW WHAT I PAID FOR IT..IT WAS ONE OF THOSE MUST HAVES AT ANY COST

BUT I ALSO SOLD ONE FOR THE SAME PRICE 6 MONTHS AGO

LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE WHEN YOU WANT IT YOU CANT FIND ONE THEN

WHEN YOU DO THE FECKERS ALL POP OUT THE WOODWORK

COME ON DONT TELL ME YOU HAVE NOT OVERPAYED FOR A TOON BEFORE.

I STILL RATE IT AS A TOP 70,S TUNE IN MY BOOK.

THE GASHER

Social source share

MANSHIP OBVIOUSLY MISSED OUT A ZERO..HAHA BROWNY  RATES IT AT £250 ALSO

AND AS FOR  AM I SURE????IM SCOTTISH SO WHEN IT COMES TO CASH IM ABSOLUTLEY POSITIVE MATE ..

I KNOW WHAT I PAID FOR IT..IT WAS ONE OF THOSE MUST HAVES AT ANY COST

BUT I ALSO SOLD ONE FOR THE SAME PRICE 6 MONTHS AGO

LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE WHEN YOU WANT IT YOU CANT FIND ONE THEN

WHEN YOU DO THE FECKERS ALL POP OUT THE WOODWORK

COME ON DONT TELL ME YOU HAVE NOT OVERPAYED FOR A TOON BEFORE.

I STILL RATE IT AS A TOP 70,S TUNE IN MY BOOK.

THE GASHER

link

Gasher - You dead right on it being a top 70s tune and if anyone wants one at £250 there's one here - i'll just wait for another to come along. Don't think i've ever overpaid for any toon B4 - I much prefer underpaying everytime. Like they say 'patience is a virtue' :)

Girf

Social source share

.HAHA BROWNY  RATES IT AT £250 THE GASHER

link

There are some quite "bizarre" prices in these books - some rare records are remarkably cheap, others dangerously over-expensive....All it proves to me is that no one knows all there is to know about soul music, and long may that continue. ph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest taffy

There are some quite "bizarre" prices in these books - some rare records are remarkably cheap, others dangerously over-expensive....All it proves to me is that no one knows all there is to know about soul music, and long may that continue.  :huh:

link

let's hope so steve ph34r.gif

Social source share

Remember seeing one on a list on here at £50 I think. There was also one on ebay a few months ago. I considered bidding as I thought it might be in the same vein as Jerry Washington, but I didn't. Think it went for about $50.

Mark whistling.gif

link

it went for $59.00 and the gasher got it for me- It was only a vg copy but it plays fine as is on my playlist for Dublin next month. :lol:

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest remus

Tim Brown's book values it at 250  :D

link

:thumbsup: £250!, dont make me laugh!, He rated my Tommy Tate ORIGINAL koko 'If you got to love somebody' at £200!, Herman the Tosser! :thumbsup:

Social source share

I've been looking out for Universal Love past 7 months or so seen at least 4-5 copies vg+/better set selling anywhere from 20-60 gbp and still waiting for price to drop to pick up. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert