Ebay Sale

I have recently sold a copy of velvets let the fool kiss you on Monument 861, so not the later issue on 961

I made the issue number clear and listed both sides of the record

The buyer now wants to return it as it isnt the record he thought he had bought ie 961 for a bargain

Should I give him a refund??

What would the other record seller on here do?

I have piles of records that I have taken a punt on based on writers, production teams etc which turned out to be absolute rubbish but never asked for a refund :ohmy:

Andy advice would be greatly appreciated

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest posstot

I have recently sold a copy of velvets let the fool kiss you on Monument 861, so not the later issue on 961

The buyer now wants to return it as it isnt the record he thought he had bought ie 961 for a bargain

I have piles of records that I have taken a punt on based on writers, production teams etc which turned out to be absolute rubbish but never asked for a refund :D

Steve

boooooooooooooooo!! give him the money back you big puff!!!!

are you the same fella who runs the soulful shack in Culcheth....the next one being the 7th march...that's Friday...the 7th March!!!! I thought they were NICE blokes who run that place!!!! :P

pfffftttt :ohmy::huh:

And who's Andy that your asking for advice from :lol:laugh.gif:P:P ....ooohhhh lolololol's

Edited by posstot
Social source share

There's no real grounds to refund him, he's made a cock up, we all do it. If it was someone I know I'd probably take it back, otherwise, why should you? When this record first got discovered I got a couple of copies of the 'good' one pretty cheap, lo and behold I found another one with a different number, so I paid about $50 for that, and of course that was the first of the 'wrong' versions to turn up...bloke I bought it off wouldn't let me return it as it wasn't faulty, fair enough I suppose

Social source share

Thanks Pete that's exactly my view

We have all made costly mistakes with records but thats all part of the learning process

Just wanted to pre-empt any posting on here slagging me off

Social source share

Guest posstot

There's no real grounds to refund him, he's made a cock up, we all do it. If it was someone I know I'd probably take it back, otherwise, why should you? When this record first got discovered I got a couple of copies of the 'good' one pretty cheap, lo and behold I found another one with a different number, so I paid about $50 for that, and of course that was the first of the 'wrong' versions to turn up...bloke I bought it off wouldn't let me return it as it wasn't faulty, fair enough I suppose

The problem is, when you're a nice bloke, you consider doing the nice thing, when as said above. it ain't your mistake. The person who bought it should have took it on the chin and not passed his/her mistake over to you...As you said Ste, we've all made that mistake or took the gamble on something and it's turned out to be a bucket of shit from china...you don't blame somebody else....And then have the gaul to ask for a refund!!!

Its not your concern mate, you've done nothing wrong.( i'll say this though...the chap/ette has got taste)

(That was my Constructive answer)

Social source share

I have piles of records that I have taken a punt on based on writers, production teams etc which turned out to be absolute rubbish but never asked for a refund :ohmy:

Steve

Works both ways imho

How many people have managed to prise away a bargain from some unsuspecting seller?

When he does some checking up and realises he's just let go a rare record for peanuts,does he get back and say "im sorry i sold you that too cheap,can i have it back for a full refund"?

A lesson in life ,is to learn from those mistakes :ohmy:

incidently ,how did you come by this version g.gif

Social source share

How many people have managed to prise away a bargain from some unsuspecting seller?

When he does some checking up and realises he's just let go a rare record for peanuts,does he get back and say "im sorry i sold you that too cheap,can i have it back for a full refund"?

I've made hundreds of mistakes like that - Nate Evans on Twinight £15, The Outasites - For the rest of my life - £100...and so on...it's my tough shit for not having the knowledge, I'd never ask for them back. Though people who've been on my list for years have often told me somethings too cheap..

Social source share

I've made hundreds of mistakes like that - Nate Evans on Twinight £15, The Outasites - For the rest of my life - £100...and so on...it's my tough shit for not having the knowledge, I'd never ask for them back. Though people who've been on my list for years have often told me somethings too cheap..

And you never listen, do you Pete biggrin.gif

Thats what we all love about you Pete,"RECORDS PRICED TO SELL" :ohmy:

Sorry Pete,i could'nt resist :ohmy:

Social source share

Steve

If you made the Issue number clear on the listing and the condition was as described then I see no reason to refund.

A true case of 'buyer beware'.

Social source share

incidently ,how did you come by this version :)

ppffftt biggrin.gif ...and he didn't ask for a refund!! :thumbsup:

no shame really

bet we've all done it biggrin.gif

would'nt that be a great little thread

Hows this for a title?

BARGAIN BUY OR BAG OF S***E :lol:

Social source share

I have piles of records that I have taken a punt on based on writers, production teams etc which turned out to be absolute rubbish but never asked for a refund :D

Steve

Just to clarify something for you, the Velvets released Monument 861 with the wrong title, that issue should be titled 'Kiss Me' which is corrected on their E.P. & L.P

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Guest posstot

i am aghast :P i cant believe u r not personally driving to the buyers house to shell out a refund plus compensation...........and taking him out for a curry after !!!!!!!!! i will be considering my position as a guest dj at soul shack as a result of this collapse of your moral s :lol: EZZIE

YOU'LL HAVE MARK BICKNELL ON US FOR COPYRIGHT....SOULFUL SHACK, EX :lol: GUEST D.J :D

BY THE WAY EZZIE...CRACKIN SPOT MATE!! WE REALLY APPRECIATE THE MILAGE COVERED.....When are you on again?

Social source share

Guest posstot

Just to clarify something for you, the Velvets released Monument 861 with the wrong title, that issue should be titled 'Kiss Me' which is corrected on their E.P. & L.P

oooh the buyer could have you on this one Ste!!!! :lol::P:lol::D:shades::huh::lol:

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Ah-ha! Y'see that's the bit I was wondering about. So these are two different songs with the same title (One of them erroneous) on the two discs 861 & 961?

In that case it depends upon whether the buyer thought he was getting a bargain or simply wanted that track and knew nothing about the mix up. If the song on the record isn't the one the title of which you listed this is kinda limbo territory. Neither of you have any legal obligation to know that the title is incorrect. From your point of view you sold exactly what you listed and have not broken good faith or the law, from his point of view, assuming that he knew nothing of the numbering mix up, he hasn't got the actual sound that he ordered so for him the disc was misrepresented, not by you but by whoever stuck the label on it. This is further confused by the fact that although you're fully entitled to sell the disc, you're not actually supposed to sell the sound that it reproduces without the consent of the copyright owner. This also, of course, means that the buyer has no actual right to expect anything he buys 2nd hand to contain the sounds he expects it to... :D

I'm thinking if you took legal advice they'd tell you to err on the side of caution and try to arrange a refund upon receipt of the undamaged disc less your postage costs.

On the other hand, if his post to you suggested that he already knew of the mix up, he's screwed. :lol:

Social source share

Sold as seen Ste!

Not your fault at all - you stated what you had, he read that, wanted it, you mailed it and he paid you.

End of.

You also have to take into consideration your time and effort advertising the record and also your time involved dealing with the buyer....and we all know time's money.

It isn't very Northern Soul I suppose, but then again it's not as if you had it in your box at a Nighter and he nipped back with it ten minutes later is it?

It's a case of tough love for me.

Apologise, empathise, by all means but don't recompense mate, again, not your fault.

Social source share

Guest posstot

:no:

2rm1idi.gif

Just do what your conscience tells you then the next morning while shaving ask your self this question, "Am I a knob or would me old mum be proud of me?"

I took the easy route and grew a fookin beard. :yes:

:shhh::no::excl:

Social source share

Guest posstot

Sold as seen Ste!

Not your fault at all - you stated what you had, he read that, wanted it, you mailed it and he paid you.

End of.

You also have to take into consideration your time and effort advertising the record and also your time involved dealing with the buyer....and we all know time's money.

It isn't very Northern Soul I suppose, but then again it's not as if you had it in your box at a Nighter and he nipped back with it ten minutes later is it?

It's a case of tough love for me.

Apologise, empathise, by all means but don't recompense mate, again, not your fault.

Friends again are we?......

Social source share

Works both ways imho

A lesson in life ,is to learn from those mistakes wicked.gif

incidently ,how did you come by this version g.gif

TO RIGHT Remember selly kelly and the soul explosion @ the Griffin,think to

Mad Kev Johnson from yorkshire--------FOR 15-00 :D

ALSO "you left me" on peaches to keith minshull for under 100 sad.gif:D

Social source share

I just want to add that 861 (real title 'Kiss Me') isn't that bad a record, it's an ok Doo-wop/early Northern dancer with some great horns. If the buyer got it fairly cheaply then he should'nt be too worried.

Social source share

All ended now

Buyer has accepted his error and accepted a learning experience ( which we have been through at our cost)

Just glad I was at the England game so missed all the emails that were sent before he came to his decision

When I say glad I mean absoutely brassed off by another crap performance, in the freezing cold, wasting petrol money to get home at nearly 2am!!!!! sleep3.gif

Maybe we will stuff the French in Paris then I can go and find a nice soul / popcorn club after the game

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert