Calvin Grayson

Brillo

• Replies 21
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Seen them sell for a lot more that that James ohmy.gif if you can get one for £500 go for it! I was offered two in result of a want on here - £700 and £750, and have missed two on ebay - $1100 and $980, but ended up paying a very reasonable price from a member of this board wicked.gif :dance:

Mark

Social source share

Seen them sell for a lot more that that James ohmy.gif if you can get one for £500 go for it! I was offered two in result of a want on here - £700 and £750, and have missed two on ebay - $1100 and $980, but ended up paying a very reasonable price from a member of this board wicked.gif :dance:

Mark

link

Ouch! Stick with the CD then or get an acetate I think! Cheers.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Mark

link

Yeah saw those on ebay.

I think it's about time I won the lottery :thumbsup:

Social source share

There was two M- copies from the same seller (a pro seller from the US) on ebay in the last 12 months or so, one went for around or slightly less than £400 the other for £350 or something (less than $700 anyway). I think the seller is a member of this forum, or at least was. I am sure someone will claim there was no such copies and that I probably dreamt it. wicked.gif It is possibly worth more than that in the UK though, and I thought they both looked 'cheap'. I do recall Manship had it at £300 (m-), but that was a number of years ago, maybe as much as 4 years ago.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

That could be because the artist name was not fully listed in item description title? How does the search work? Does it search only description or entire contents? I don't recall exactly how they were described, but I don't think they had 'northern soul' in the title, something that often reduces the price. I think the description went something like 'rare bla. bla on IN'. Unless you go through everything listed under R&B (or indeed everything!) chances are you will miss a lot of stuff.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I distinctly recall it, and the reason is there had been a lot of discussion just before the last one went, and there was several quotes of £700, and therefore I was a bit surprised it did not even make £400. I bid on it, but lost. I still want it, but will not pay or trade more than around £300.

Social source share

No I would not. I am not desperate and I am sure that there will be one for me at a reasonable price sooner or later. Satin is not impossible but I think it might be harder to replace, plus I like it more!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

There was two M- copies from the same seller (a pro seller from the US) on ebay in the last 12 months or so, one went for around or slightly less than £400 the other for £350 or something (less than $700 anyway). I think the seller is a member of this forum, or at least was. I am sure someone will claim there was no such copies and that I probably dreamt it. blush.gif   It is possibly worth more than that in the UK though, and I thought they both looked 'cheap'. I do recall Manship had it at £300 (m-), but that was a number of years ago, maybe as much as 4 years ago.

link

Last one on e-bay went for (after conversion) £512. Seen it sold few times, through dealer for between £450 and £700.

Social source share

I wonder how rare it is. Certainly not super rare (but then again, MOST things are not) but I have not seen that many over the years I have been aware of it, seems much less common than many other things anyway. Was it ever played very much? I mean, was it ever really popular in the past?

Social source share

I wonder how rare it is. Certainly not super rare (but then again, MOST things are not) but I have not seen that many over the years I have been aware of it, seems much less common than many other things anyway. Was it ever played very much? I mean, was it ever really popular in the past?

link

Been played on and off for years Christian, certainly spun in the 80's although didn't hear it as much as I do these days. Great double sider IMHO.

Social source share

I figured that it has been played on and off, like you say, (would be strange otherwise) but was it ever particularly popular, or is it yet to have it's day? If you know what I mean?

Social source share

I figured that it has been played on and off, like you say, (would be strange otherwise) but was it ever particularly popular, or is it yet to have it's day? If you know what I mean?

link

Would probably be fair to say it's not had anthem or the "monster" status yet yes.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

As Christian says, some records are not as rare as some people might think.

And this is why it surprises me that now we have this t'internet vehicle, to help us in our quest to find our favourite records, prices should still be rising as much as they are.

For example. In the early 80s, my collecting roots, if we wanted a record, there was just a few dealers like Soul Bowl, Manship and a few others, we could leave our requests with. Sometimes it would take years for them to track down a copy you wanted, that was for sale.

Now you tap in a few details into ebay or Gemm etc, and sometimes it only takes seconds.

OK so the records are there for anyone to see, but I'm pretty sure I wasnt the only one asking JM for a copy of Larry Allen, etc

Sounds like, the Metro's - Since I found my baby, turn up on ebay as often as tickets for Chelsea matches, and yet people still pay my monthly food bill on a very common record.

Ty Karim on Romark, isnt uncommon on ebay. I even sold the copy I bought for a tenner for, £500+, while there was another copy on there. That was 7 months ago, and I have seen 8 for sale since, the latest went for around £400 last week. This tells me there are loads around, maybe not as many as the Metros, but certainly enough not to be paying the amounts some records fetch.

To use a mathmatical term, supply is indirectly proportional to prices in todays market, whereas a record's price seemed to be more directly proportional to its scarcity 25 years ago.

Who says we are older and wiser??

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert