Was/is This Played On The Northern Scene

Soul-slider

My girlfriend's dad's been clearing his loft and gave me 3 box full of old UK 45's to look through and keep what I wanted. Found loads of great soul and general 60's beat unknowns.

Not sure where this 45 fits in but it's a nice blue eyed up-tempo dancer with Northern Soul horns....is it known? Has it been played? I've certainly never heard of the group before. It's a 1967 shapiro Bernstein Polydor release.

post-4912-1201988870_thumb.jpg

The Urchins - I Made Her That Way - Polydor (1967)

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I know the writers but I've never heard of the record before and I thought I'd seen most of them on British!

Possibly too poppy for some Pete, I like it and the horns are perfect Northern Soul style. If I knew how to do sound files i'd stick it on.

Like I said, there was some interesting bits in those boxes (including Nappy Brown - London American 1958), and he say's there's still more up there! He used to go to a lot of auctions out in the sticks and would buy boxes of records for peanuts, rumage through them and pick out those he wanted on his juke box that sits in his living room, the rest he stuck up in the loft.

Social source share

Possibly too poppy for some Pete, I like it and the horns are perfect Northern Soul style. If I knew how to do sound files i'd stick it on.

Like I said, there was some interesting bits in those boxes (including Nappy Brown - London American 1958), and he say's there's still more up there! He used to go to a lot of auctions out in the sticks and would buy boxes of records for peanuts, rumage through them and pick out those he wanted on his juke box that sits in his living room, the rest he stuck up in the loft.

You jammy git :lol:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Come over for dinner sometime and bring the boxes.. I could help you have a sort through them :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert