Jimmy Clarke (is It Northern?)

hrtshpdbox

post-10095-1201970505_thumb.jpgHi, all, I'm trying to establish a "Northern Soul" category among my 45s, and was wondering if this fits in (it's a nice song, listen to the whole thing via my needle-dropped link):

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...4E44EA92498EE4B

Also, I'd be very interested in seeing comments about what's "in my box", as it were: I'm just a boring, non-dancing, and perpetually clueless Pennsylvanian record collector who's picked up a lot of records at yard sales and via eBay lots, and I'm trying to sort through them. It looks like I've got some really nice ones in the Northern Soul category, and also some I'm confused about. If you'd be up for seeing a list and some pictures, let me know. Thanks!

-Jerry

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

post-10095-1201970505_thumb.jpgHi, all, I'm trying to establish a "Northern Soul" category among my 45s, and was wondering if this fits in (it's a nice song, listen to the whole thing via my needle-dropped link):

Also, I'd be very interested in seeing comments about what's "in my box", as it were: I'm just a boring, non-dancing, and perpetually clueless Pennsylvanian record collector who's picked up a lot of records at yard sales and via eBay lots, and I'm trying to sort through them. It looks like I've got some really nice ones in the Northern Soul category, and also some I'm confused about. If you'd be up for seeing a list and some pictures, let me know. Thanks!

-Jerry

Yep stick em up Jerry. People are very interested and helpful.

:rolleyes:

Social source share

-Jerry

Not northern at all.

If I'd seen it at a market cheap I'd have bought it blind.

I'd have listened to it and then thrown it away.

Awful trite pop imo.

Sorry.

Social source share

Awful trite pop imo.

Sorry.

Not to be sorry, I appreciate your feedback. I'm just about done sorting (or, at least, sorting through the ones I'm going to tackle now), and I'll type up a list straight away - I'll just post the list and some pics in this thread, probably in a day or so. Thanks, everybody.

Social source share

Not to be sorry, I appreciate your feedback. I'm just about done sorting (or, at least, sorting through the ones I'm going to tackle now), and I'll type up a list straight away - I'll just post the list and some pics in this thread, probably in a day or so. Thanks, everybody.

Always good to see lists and pics though :rolleyes:

Social source share

For the purposes of getting this done and out, I didn't list 45s by Annette Snell, Lavern Baker, The Preparations, The Fantastic Johnny C, The Isley Brothers, Moments, Cliff Nobles, William Bell, Joe Tex, Al Wilson, Bobby Bland, and others.

As far as what I did include, please remember what a novice I am - so if you see records that are strictly doo-wop or strictly disco (or even strictly country!), please just laugh and maybe let me know about it.

I'd be happy to send pics and clips, of course. I'm going to actually take some photos in a minute or two and upload them (must check in on the little ol' football game, of course).

Thanks for looking, and for any comments, suggestions, etc.

- Jerry

Social source share

Can you copy / paste from the Excel file?

Would save you a lot of time.

Figured it would be a nuisance to include such a long list - let me know if the file doesn't work for you though.

Wanted to add that this is just some of what I could find over the last two days, and I still have a lot more to go through. Additionally, I was ignoring many artists that I now know I should be taking into account. This will give me a start on getting this area of my record collection together (I figured it would be smaller than some of the other areas, but there's a bit more than I supposed).

Social source share

post-10095-1202091171_thumb.jpgpost-10095-1202091202_thumb.jpgpost-10095-1202091228_thumb.jpgpost-10095-1202091254_thumb.jpg

Sorry about that killed-by-reflection Duke in the middle of the last shot.

Edit - Oh, yeah, that "Consideration" by Gail in the upper left-hand corner of the first

photo is part of a stack that I forgot to put into the database.

Edited by hrtshpdbox
Social source share

I've gotten a PM or two, and should clarify that I'm not really looking to sell right now (even though I'm hearing from more than one source that Northern is now priced higher than it ever will be again in the future - tell me that it ain't true!), but I appreciate comments about if you think I've got a good "starter set", or hints about what doesn't belong in the list I posted above, etc. Thanks.

Social source share

Now that this slipped off the first page (though it did get quite a few views), I'd thought I'd bump it up so I can watch it slowly sink in the West again. I got a couple of private messages, for which I'm appreciative but, obviously, no responses here. I wonder if that's because I indicated that I'm not currently selling, or because I'm a record collector and not a clubber, or maybe there was a password I was supposed to use if I wanted a response (Swordfish!). Anyway, those are just rhetorical questions, I'm just speculating aloud (I don't want to make it sound like I'd hope for answers, I'm wiser the second time around). Cheers!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert